or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › St. Louis, MO - Charter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Louis, MO - Charter - Page 111

post #3301 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM1956 View Post

Yeah, I saw the packages. The real question is what will they mean for existing customers. Higher bills? Lower bills? Assuming I have Digital View Plus and MR/DVR with two HDTVs, what's the impact going to be? UMatter?

Hi CraigM1956,

We understand that costs are important. Existing customers will keep their current pricing, but they have the option to switch to the new pricing. We would be happy to review your pricing to ensure that you have the best value. Please send us a PM with your name, address, phone number, and either your security code, pin#, or account# for verification.

Thank you,
Abby
post #3302 of 3563
I'm having a problem that I have been unable to pin down: intermittent internet outages for just a second or two. Some of my devices never notice it; others, like my 2 TiVos and my wife's MacBook, get knocked off (the TiVo's have to be restarted to reestablish the connection). In fact, I tried Netguru networking software and it said I had no internet connection at all, and couldn't repair it; and I was online at the time.

I've power cycled modem and router etc.

One time I noticed the blinking Ethernet light on my modem was out -- for just a second. How often that happens, I don't know. So I think it's either the modem or the service itself.

Long way of asking: Umatter and South City folks, anybody else having this problem?

thx
barry
post #3303 of 3563
Good evening Barry,

I am very sorry to hear about the trouble you have been having with your internet. I took a look and I am showing your modem has been online for quite some time. I am not certain if these disconnects are happening on our end since I am showing a stable connection. Have you tried plugging your modem directly into one computer to see if the drops still happen?

Thanks,

Jeremy
post #3304 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Good evening Barry,
I am very sorry to hear about the trouble you have been having with your internet. I took a look and I am showing your modem has been online for quite some time. I am not certain if these disconnects are happening on our end since I am showing a stable connection. Have you tried plugging your modem directly into one computer to see if the drops still happen?
Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy

No, I haven't tried that, mainly because it would take every device in the house off the air. I'll try to find a time to do that, but it might take a few days.

More info: I have a brand new Roku 2 box, set it up five days ago. It was flawless, until yesterday. Now it pauses to reload on Internet channels, as well as while streaming from my PC over Plex Media Server. Would that indicate a router issue rather than a modem issue?

barry
post #3305 of 3563
And I was just knocked off MLB.com on my TV. Something is not right.

I'd like to schedule a tech visit to check the line from the alley and swap out the modem, for Saturday?

barry
post #3306 of 3563
Good evening,

It is possible that it could be one or the other. From what I am seeing on my end points to a possible router issue, but if you test with just the modem and get the same issues then it is an issue with the service itself. Once you get the chance to test, and can confirm that the issue is with the modem please feel free to get in touch with us. Doing so via PM would be preferred in case we need to exange any personal information(contact numbers etc.).

Thanks,

Jeremy
post #3307 of 3563
PM sent.

I am very curious about the new packaging and pricing especially since my 2 year contract is set to expire at the end of October.

I've haven't had too many problems with Charter, but I won't lie...when I see the Direct Tv and Dish ads that come in my mail, i's very tempting to think about leaving (Free Sunday Ticket is very appealing).

Heck, even cutting the cord which I did for the previous three years before I got Charter.
post #3308 of 3563
Umatter - can someone provide even a guess as to when we'll get Tivo? Is Fort Worth that big a disaster? More than six months? Less than six months?
post #3309 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by thilt View Post

Umatter - can someone provide even a guess as to when we'll get Tivo? Is Fort Worth that big a disaster? More than six months? Less than six months?

Good evening,

Sadly we do not have any ETA currently in regards to the Tivo launch. We are still working diligently to have it released ASAP. You can also go to charter.com/tivo for any updates that we post.

Thanks,

Jeremy
post #3310 of 3563
If i want to cancel 2 of my 5 cable cards do i just bring them to charter? I might stop using my tivo hd soon and use my windows media center full time. It will save me 4.00 a month.
post #3311 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post

If i want to cancel 2 of my 5 cable cards do i just bring them to charter? I might stop using my tivo hd soon and use my windows media center full time. It will save me 4.00 a month.

Yes, just drop them by your local office at your convenience (www.charter.com/locations) and we will take the charges off your bill. Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

-Abby
post #3312 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Good evening,
It is possible that it could be one or the other. From what I am seeing on my end points to a possible router issue, but if you test with just the modem and get the same issues then it is an issue with the service itself. Once you get the chance to test, and can confirm that the issue is with the modem please feel free to get in touch with us. Doing so via PM would be preferred in case we need to exange any personal information(contact numbers etc.).
Thanks,
Jeremy


Turns out it was the router. Replaced the old one, everything has been rock steady. ;-)
post #3313 of 3563
Going to re-submit a previous request, since St. Louis is now in SEC country - any chance of adding CSS, since it carries a lot of SEC-centric programming and several SEC sporting events (including at least one football game each weekend)?
post #3314 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgibby View Post

Turns out it was the router. Replaced the old one, everything has been rock steady. ;-)

Excellent, we're happy to hear the good news. Thanks for the update!

-Abby
post #3315 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrigjl View Post

Going to re-submit a previous request, since St. Louis is now in SEC country - any chance of adding CSS, since it carries a lot of SEC-centric programming and several SEC sporting events (including at least one football game each weekend)?

Hi kerrigjl,

I've reached out to marketing to find out. If we do not end up having any upcoming plans, at least we will have tracked your request.

Thanks,
Abby
post #3316 of 3563
I emailed FSMW about carrying more SEC-centric programming, now that Mizzou is in the SEC, and this was the response:

"Thanks for the email.

Yes indeed. We plan to air SEC Gridiron Live each Wednesday (sometimes live, sometimes on tape if we have a live game that night). We also plan to continue to air This Week in Mizzou Football with Gary Pinkel, and we’ll have some additional SEC games on FOX Sports Midwest this year.

Go Tigers,
FOX Sports Midwest"
post #3317 of 3563
I dont know why charter was number 3 of 15. I never had troble charter.
The 15 Most Disliked Companies in America
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-15-most-disliked-companies-in-america.html?page=1

#3 Charter Communications

Wikipedia CommonsRated 59/100. The worst TV company.

Poor customer service and unfair billing practices are common complaints about the fourth-largest cable company in the country.

One customer explained, "The sales rep originally promised us a $42.95 a month for services, with an introductory price of $24.95 for the first 3 months (a savings of $18 a month). After the introductory period ended, the company started charging me $56.95, when I finally caught on that they were charging me $14 more per month than what is said on the Work Order (could provide at anytime for proof), he never once mentioned that there will be a $10 more per month, and now the company says if you have no other cable service with us (Charter Communications), you are to be charged $10 more per month!!"

[Related: 10 Brands That Will Disappear in 2013]
post #3318 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post

I dont know why charter was number 3 of 15. I never had troble charter.
The 15 Most Disliked Companies in America
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-15-most-disliked-companies-in-america.html?page=1
#3 Charter Communications
Wikipedia CommonsRated 59/100. The worst TV company.
Poor customer service and unfair billing practices are common complaints about the fourth-largest cable company in the country.
One customer explained, "The sales rep originally promised us a $42.95 a month for services, with an introductory price of $24.95 for the first 3 months (a savings of $18 a month). After the introductory period ended, the company started charging me $56.95, when I finally caught on that they were charging me $14 more per month than what is said on the Work Order (could provide at anytime for proof), he never once mentioned that there will be a $10 more per month, and now the company says if you have no other cable service with us (Charter Communications), you are to be charged $10 more per month!!"
[Related: 10 Brands That Will Disappear in 2013]

CATV and utility companies never fare very well in these type surveys .. you see, folks want the service for free .. and they want it to be flawless ..
post #3319 of 3563
Guess i will dropped them off soon. its not easy for me to decard my tivo. i had my tivo hd running with cable cards for 5 years but i dont use it anymore since i got a cable card in my windows 7 computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Yes, just drop them by your local office at your convenience (www.charter.com/locations) and we will take the charges off your bill. Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.
-Abby
post #3320 of 3563
Anyone else having video issues today on Charter stations?
post #3321 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post

Anyone else having video issues today on Charter stations?

Hi otismalibu,

Sorry to see you having some trouble today. Please send us a PM with your name, address, and phone number. We can check to see if there are issues in the area.

Thanks,
Abby
post #3322 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post

Anyone else having video issues today on Charter stations?
I'm trying to watch the Cardinal's game on Fox Sports HD Midwest Channel 824 and it is breaking up really bad and the audio is cutting out about every 10 seconds. I think its a problem with Fox, because I checked a bunch of other HD channels, and I don't see any problems. I'm in Florissant 63031.
post #3323 of 3563
Good evening,

I am sorry to hear that FSMW is acting up. We are in St Louis (Chesterfield area) and the feed is a bit choppy here as well. I checked a few of the other channels here as well, and everything is working fine so this could possibly be an issue with their feed. If it doesn't clear up please feel free to PM us, and we can investigate further. I did run your levels and they check out as well.

Thanks,

Jeremy
post #3324 of 3563
It looks like the problem with the Fox feed has been cleared up. All is fine now. Thanks for checking!
post #3325 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRand View Post

It looks like the problem with the Fox feed has been cleared up. All is fine now. Thanks for checking!

Good to hear and anytime! If you ever need to talk with us please feel free to reach out. Have a good holiday and take care!

Thanks,

Jeremy
post #3326 of 3563
The main channels for each of the premium movie channels have been duplicated at 974-978. Their placement in the normal 500 range is still present. Any thoughts on why?

Steve
post #3327 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhonor View Post

The main channels for each of the premium movie channels have been duplicated at 974-978. Their placement in the normal 500 range is still present. Any thoughts on why?
Steve

Good Morning,

I pulled the lineup and am showing those as placeholders for PPV content. It shouldn't affect your service smile.gif

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3328 of 3563
UM2C,

I had to work with someone in repairs last night to get the UFC issues resolved.

While speaking with her she mentioned to me that the TIVO deal is off, and Charter is completely scrapping this.

Please tell me this is a misinformed tech and not something that will be getting announced soon. mad.gif
post #3329 of 3563
Last week I heard the same thing from a technician. My Moxi box recently died, and I received the only choice in its place, the Motorola DVR. Charter won't support the multi-room setup anymore. This is quite unfortunate and leaves Charter at a competitive disadvantage. Compared to the Moxi, the Motorola DVR is horrible and I dislike it immensely. You would think that as important as DVR's are, Charter would come up with a suitable model, LIKE THE MOXI.

The last few experiences I've had with Charter have been quite worrisome in that I'm receiving misinformation. I'm being told things that aren't true. I thought Charter customer service had greatly improved over the past few years, but it appears they are reverting back to their old ways.
post #3330 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt_DoUrden View Post

UM2C,
I had to work with someone in repairs last night to get the UFC issues resolved.
While speaking with her she mentioned to me that the TIVO deal is off, and Charter is completely scrapping this.
Please tell me this is a misinformed tech and not something that will be getting announced soon. mad.gif

Hi Drizzt_DoUrden,

We apologize that you received incorrect information last night. TiVo service remains available to our customers in the Ft. Worth area, and in trial in numerous other Charter locations. Please refer to http://www.charter.com/Tivo for the latest updates in our progress as we continue to work on bringing TiVo to additional markets.

We were able to locate the Advisor and will be taking steps to ensure that she has accurate information going forward. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank you,
Abby
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › St. Louis, MO - Charter