I tried I'm not gonna say it ever again--not my money, say what you like, you can't beat eBay....and to say its just used for star wars action figures is a joke...they sell millions of dollars worth of brand new TVs each month...its the EXACT same thing as going to www.pricegrabber.com
and buying a TV through one of those guys...some of the companies ARE the same...except when you pay with paypal through eBay, its a ton more secure...also they have to keep up with a reputation as opposed to pricegrabber where they make their own
and by the way..I've called sony twice, they specifically said yes you can buy through eBay and get a manufacturer warranty...a few of the speicifcally state "will honor manufacturer warranty"...
Originally Posted by MNMatthias
Legal action? By whom? EBay isn't going to pursue you. And good luck trying to sue, "Acme Inc., P.O. Box 324" ... MAYBE after months of PITA dealings you MIGHT get your money back. But if someone is going to scam you, they're not going to stick around to pay your judgment.
So why NOT buy through EBay? Lessee.
1) You might be getting completely and utterly ripped off. Nothing ever gets sent.
2) You might be getting a refurbished item when you thought you were paying for a new one.
3) You could very well be voiding the manufacturer's warranty and, if something goes wrong, between dealing with the manufacturer and Larry the TV Guy is not a tough choice.
4) Larry the TV Guy might decide that enough is enough and he's pulling up stake. Where'd he go? EBay isn't going to tell you.
5) You don't have to deal with this bushwah. TV's are cheap enough that you can buy a legitimate, guaranteed new, backed by the manufacturer, set, for under two grand.
6) You get what you pay for in this life. If a deal is too good to be true, odds are, it probably is.
thats insane...most everything gets sent, especially from reputable dealers, if they have 5,000 reviews, they aren't going to be selling refurbished items, contact the manufacturer to make sure the warranty is good, with many there are, and most of the time there is an authorized dealer on eBay anyways, #4 doesn't make sense, #5 doens't make sense cuz your saving over $1,000 sometimes, and #6 especially isn't true...ever heard of wholesale??
THAT is why I ask for an eBay sticky...people like this guy don't know what they're talking about period. next your going to say never use my credit card online cuz someones going to steal it. And especially cuz if you don't buy from eBay, you obviously will not know...this guy is just ranting, he has probably never had one of these situations arise...then someones going to read it and go "don't go to ebaY"
I wouldn't listen to UltimateElectronics or Best Buy...they may say "all people online sell refurbished goods"...but thats just a generic thing they tell customers to keep them buying from them, its completly NOT true. They probably got a memo from corporate telling everyone to tell their customers that cuz I've asked like 4 different stores and they all say that. If they were all refurbished these guys wouldn't be selling over 100 TVs a month each.
Did you know when you buy something from ultimate electronics...they end up buying the item for well over half of what its worth?? Just bought some nice speakers through best buy at $300 a pop?? how much did they pay?? probably like $125...thats why buying online is inexpensive.
I used to have an employee discount at Best Buy...yea it was nice, the expensive electronics that are sold not as often get jacked up...me paying 5% over what best buy bought em at, although I'm guessing thats a joke, was crazy I'd get over half off.