or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finished Marquee - Page 16

post #451 of 476
Looks good. I found the same thing with my LED lit poster boxes. Ended up going w/pure white LEDs
post #452 of 476
Did it bring out the colors well?
post #453 of 476
I found with the warm-yellow LEDs the posters appeared dull and kind of soft.
With the pure white LEDs the colors looked more natural and overall brighter.
post #454 of 476
I just tried a small fluorescent light I had laying around as a backlight and it is much better. I think the LED white lights will do the trick. Thx
post #455 of 476
Hey Guys,

Would love to know if anyone has the 3D Glasses logo and or .psd file as seen in Post #413 of this thread...

I am looking to update original Marquee sign that Volley sent out a few years back and would love to incorporate that new logo with my 3D projector!


Thanks!

User7007
post #456 of 476
very cool, thanks for the ideas
post #457 of 476
marquee.JPG 90k .JPG file

Just thought I would post a pic of my finished marquee. Turned out very nice. Thanks to all on this thread.

Chris
post #458 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLAY View Post

marquee.JPG 90k .JPG file

Just thought I would post a pic of my finished marquee. Turned out very nice. Thanks to all on this thread.

Chris

Very Sharp - thanks for sharing!
post #459 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordhits View Post

So I have the files from a slightly different version from the OP's post. Where's the best place to drop this so others can contribute too? I'm thinking github. Another site perhaps?

Since posting this, I have got a few PMs requesting the files. I've posted them on my Skydrive if anyone wants it.

Regards
post #460 of 476
Here is one i made a long time ago.
I tinkered with the original.

post #461 of 476
A bump for this post. I think it has helped alot of folks, including myself.
post #462 of 476
Great thread... it's fun to see how people take a concept and run with it.

I've re-imagined now the elements might look in a different order and am tweaking things as I go... I chose the neon blue color to put more attention on the name and to fit the color scheme of my room.

Also, I spotted some very, very thin LED rope lights in the Christmas section at my local big box store... wondering how those would work compared to traditional rope lights - if the light is white enough and bright enough, it might be worth trying to cut down on energy and keep the light box cooler.

post #463 of 476
Very nice tvjon. To heck with energy. Lite it up man!
post #464 of 476
Thanks CCLAY.

It's funny that some places charge hundreds of dollars for static lightbox signs like this. At that price you might as well mount a small computer screen or TV screen on the wall and drive stills and/or animations to it using an old computer. That way you could customize the image for each movie easily and maybe make a library of them to be called up at will. Taking this into After Effects and animating it wouldn't be difficult at all.

Mount a larger monitor vertically and you could do posters if the files are available somewhere.

Maybe that's phase two (and three) for this project!
post #465 of 476

Does anyone still have an original file to email?

post #466 of 476

Nevermind, found a good link on here.

post #467 of 476
Can anyone help me design one of these. I don't have photo shop and could pay a donation for time and resources to make it.
post #468 of 476
Thought I would add my pic of my marquee. Much thanks to CCLAY for his help.smile.gif
post #469 of 476
Jdunbar great marquee. I am trying to make mine but I don't have photoshop and don't want to spend 300 on a marquee from ebay.
post #470 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVJon View Post

Thanks CCLAY.

It's funny that some places charge hundreds of dollars for static lightbox signs like this. At that price you might as well mount a small computer screen or TV screen on the wall and drive stills and/or animations to it using an old computer. That way you could customize the image for each movie easily and maybe make a library of them to be called up at will. Taking this into After Effects and animating it wouldn't be difficult at all.

Mount a larger monitor vertically and you could do posters if the files are available somewhere.

Maybe that's phase two (and three) for this project!

If you're interested in making a poster display using an LCD screen, take a look at the MoviePoster thread. link is in my signature.
post #471 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVJon View Post

Great thread... it's fun to see how people take a concept and run with it.

I've re-imagined now the elements might look in a different order and am tweaking things as I go... I chose the neon blue color to put more attention on the name and to fit the color scheme of my room.

Also, I spotted some very, very thin LED rope lights in the Christmas section at my local big box store... wondering how those would work compared to traditional rope lights - if the light is white enough and bright enough, it might be worth trying to cut down on energy and keep the light box cooler.


I really like the layout and color scheme you used here. Would you be willing to share a photoshop file?
post #472 of 476
I just built mine this weekend.....as you can see in this picture, i had a little bit of hotspotting going on in the upper left hand corner, even after installing a diffuser panel ( 3 of them actually ). My solution was to paint one of the diffusers white with spray paint. Doing this still allowed for plenty of light to come through, and also made the lighting perfectly even!

I also setup my sign to be controllable from my remote control ( irule ). I can control, on/off, bright/dim.

all in all, a very cool low cost project!

post #473 of 476
Looks good
post #474 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevings View Post

I just built mine this weekend.....as you can see in this picture, i had a little bit of hotspotting going on in the upper left hand corner, even after installing a diffuser panel ( 3 of them actually ). My solution was to paint one of the diffusers white with spray paint. Doing this still allowed for plenty of light to come through, and also made the lighting perfectly even!

I also setup my sign to be controllable from my remote control ( irule ). I can control, on/off, bright/dim.

all in all, a very cool low cost project!



Looks fantastic. Great tip on using the white paint!
IS there any way to get the PSD file you used for the graphics?
I would love to modify it for my own.

Thanks
post #475 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post

Looks fantastic. Great tip on using the white paint!
IS there any way to get the PSD file you used for the graphics?
I would love to modify it for my own.

Thanks

Dan, PM me your email and I can email it over to you.

And thx for the compliment regarding my marquee.....truth is that it looks a million times better in person. the picture looks washed out, and was taken before i fixed the hotspotting.
post #476 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevings View Post

Dan, PM me your email and I can email it over to you.

And thx for the compliment regarding my marquee.....truth is that it looks a million times better in person. the picture looks washed out, and was taken before i fixed the hotspotting.

Sent and Thanks again!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home