or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › The Dreambee - enhanced RS1/HD1?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Dreambee - enhanced RS1/HD1?

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
It looks as if "The DreamBee" projector is a modified RS1/HD1 using the D-ILA technology. Where it differs is 1:20.000 in contrast, 22 dB noise level and 700 lumens in normal mode, and 1.000 lumens in high mode.

DreamBee

Anyone who have seen this in action, heard it?
post #2 of 19
Cost ???
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post

Cost ???

MSRP: 7.499$

White
Midnight
Coconut
Blue Sky
Hibiscus
Sunflower
post #4 of 19
Midnight finish looks very good IMO
post #5 of 19
These look great.
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swearengen View Post

It looks as if "The DreamBee" projector is a modified RS1/HD1 using the D-ILA technology. Where it differs is 1:20.000 in contrast, 22 dB noise level and 700 lumens in normal mode, and 1.000 lumens in high mode.

DreamBee

Anyone who have seen this in action, heard it?


At D65?
post #7 of 19
Of course I can't say with any certainty, but for it's worth, it's widely suspected that the Dreambee actually has the same performance specs as the RS1/HD1, and is simply a bit more liberal with the quoted specs...for instance, the 20000/1 C/R is also specified as the actual performance ability of the RS1 before actually being delivered via the optical path, which renders it to a real-world 15000/1 C/R.

I suspect the same could be said of the lumen output, as if the unit has the ame UHP lamp, which it does to the best of my knowledge, there simply will not be any more lumens than on the RS1...

The option of different colors may be desirable to some I suppose.
post #8 of 19
If I ever need a pj in my car, I could go with the sunflower...matches my GTO.
post #9 of 19
I don't think they have made any modifications, so i believe it is a HD1 straight off, and the higher contrast is just specs.

I personally think the HD1 looks better.
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by units View Post

Of course I can't say with any certainty, but for it's worth, it's widely suspected that the Dreambee actually has the same performance specs as the RS1/HD1, and is simply a bit more liberal with the quoted specs...for instance, the 20000/1 C/R is also specified as the actual performance ability of the RS1 before actually being delivered via the optical path, which renders it to a real-world 15000/1 C/R.

I suspect the same could be said of the lumen output, as if the unit has the ame UHP lamp, which it does to the best of my knowledge, there simply will not be any more lumens than on the RS1...

The option of different colors may be desirable to some I suppose.

I don't care about different colors, but a lower noise is certainly something I would value. Do you think the 22db is another "liberal" interpretation or do they have a different cooling system that would make it as quiet as the Pearl?
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post

I don't care about different colors, but a lower noise is certainly something I would value. Do you think the 22db is another "liberal" interpretation or do they have a different cooling system that would make it as quiet as the Pearl?

Since the Dreambee appears, at least to me, to be simply the RS1/HD1 in a custom case, and the air intake and output appear to be in the exact same position, I see no reason to suspect it would be any more quiet. Perhaps someone with more certainty will chime in...
post #12 of 19
Looks cool, but as others have said, I think the specs are just "tweaked" as opposed to actually performance. I mean, if they could really jump 5000:1 contrast, I don't think they would be OEMing in the first place as they would have top engineers designing their own.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by units View Post

Since the Dreambee appears, at least to me, to be simply the RS1/HD1 in a custom case, and the air intake and output appear to be in the exact same position, I see no reason to suspect it would be any more quiet. Perhaps someone with more certainty will chime in...

They may have swapped the fans for slightly quieter fans....
post #14 of 19
I believe the Dreambee has power zoom and focus control. That might be of interest to people who want an RS1, but need to have it celing mounted and could use the power features. Certainly a sexy looking unit in any color!
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Samuelian View Post

I believe the Dreambee has power zoom and focus control. That might be of interest to people who want an RS1, but need to have it celing mounted and could use the power features. Certainly a sexy looking unit in any color!



No, it does not. I checked a machine the other day and so far everything looks the same. But I did not take any measurements.

About noise, I might check that today...

Regards,
Ekkehart, Cine4Home
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cine4Home View Post

No, it does not. I checked a machine the other day and so far everything looks the same. But I did not take any measurements.

About noise, I might check that today...

Regards,
Ekkehart, Cine4Home

Thank you, good information. Can you find out whether the Dreambee is sharing the very same firmware? If Dreamvision has their own firmware version, maybe they can add features like Vertical Stretch or 1080i60 -> 1080p24...
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by units View Post

Of course I can't say with any certainty, but for it's worth, it's widely suspected that the Dreambee actually has the same performance specs as the RS1/HD1, and is simply a bit more liberal with the quoted specs...for instance, the 20000/1 C/R is also specified as the actual performance ability of the RS1 before actually being delivered via the optical path, which renders it to a real-world 15000/1 C/R.


you could work for JVC,....spot on
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cine4Home View Post

No, it does not. I checked a machine the other day and so far everything looks the same. But I did not take any measurements.

About noise, I might check that today...

Regards,
Ekkehart, Cine4Home


Sorry about that. A friend who loves Dream Vision products apparently gave me misinformation. He may have been pulling my leg. If indeed you find that the units are nearly identical, then it will be hard to justify spending fifteen hundred dollars more (list prices) for a stylish case.
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartS View Post

you could work for JVC,....spot on

Thanks for the back up Bart...if hired, would I get an employee discount on my RS1?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › The Dreambee - enhanced RS1/HD1?