or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › ~Official Olevia 747i/742i owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~Official Olevia 747i/742i owners thread - Page 8

post #211 of 5061
Thx S!th

My son luvs Gears of War (looks like a lot of fun), while I'm a COD/COD2 man on the PC, I just bought a device to map my trackball and Belkin 52 to the Xobox, but just have'nt got round to doing it yet.
post #212 of 5061
Ok so I just set my Dish Network DVR to 480i, now DISCHD come out as a small sized display using 1:1, but with Aspect and Full screen setting it dtarts to fill the screen. Now is this still HD or because I turned the Dish output to 480i I am now loosing something. The picture looks great. SD channels do appear smoother.!!!
post #213 of 5061
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techaholic View Post

Ok so I just set my Dish Network DVR to 480i, ........................................Now is this still HD or because I turned the Dish output to 480i I am now loosing something. The picture looks great. SD channels do appear smoother.!!!

The same question has been buggin' me too man.I would imagine the broadcast resolution needs to stay true.HD is broadcast in 1080i/720p and sd 480i by cable & sat alike.The most logical approach imo would be to set yur sat box to native mode with 480i/720p/1080i active.That way whatever channel you switch to will automaticly be output at it's true broadcast rez then onto the realta to do it's job.Theoreticly that's how it should work.By having native mode off it's almost the same principal as with a upconvert dvd player.The sat box is actually upconverting the incoming signal to output at 1080i(for all channels sd/hd) to the tv therefore overriding the RealtaHqv.

EDIT:Ahh here we go.........
Quote:


You´ll always get the best results from the highest-quality connection available, such as component video or HDMI. Regardless of the connection, I generally recommend using a source´s native resolution; don´t upconvert the signal prior to its feed into the external processor. So, in the case of SD satellite, cable, or DVD, use 480i. For a 1080i HDTV source, use the 1080i source output setting, with the processor´s output set at the display´s native resolution (such as 1,365 by 768p, the resolution of many current 50-inch plasmas, or 1,366 by 768 for the majority of LCDs smaller than 40 inches). Scaling an image multiple times (as in rescaling a scaled image) can lead to new and undesirable artifacts.

A bit of info regarding 1080i-to-1080p conversion process...
Quote:


The last test was the 1080i deinterlace test, the same one I used in the March 2006 issue´s test of 54 HDTVs. If the external scaler can´t pass this one, it is of little value for native 1080i material. The processor will convert single fields of 540 lines to a display´s native resolution (1080p, in the case of the Sony front projector) instead of truly deinterlacing all 1,080 interlaced lines to 1080p.

The thing that really urks me with the 747i is the fact that there's no on-screen indication to let you know that the realta is infact doin' it's thing and when it's not.....especially with broadcast sd content.A real oversight imo.Also, it would have been nice for Syntax to include a little insert in the manual stating the source output conditions to be met for the realtaHqv to work properly.For example, when you hit display or info it would have been logical for the on-screen display to read something like "480i-1080p upconvert enabled" or "480i-1080i Upscale Active".And when the scaling of the realta isnt active something like this: "480p Hqv upconvert impossible.Please check source" or "720p Hqv upscale invalid.Source must be 480i" or "480p_upconvert disabled".Something along those lines. Another thing, some user settings to enable/disable various settings, mainly being upscale/deinterlace, with the RealtaHqv.In general, there should be a way to permit the bypass of the realta internal signal processor.They definitely have the capability to implement something like this with a firmware update if enough people call them or email them about this shortcoming.
post #214 of 5061
Well I just played a normal DVD thru Xbos 360 set at 1080p over the VGA connection, the 747i said it was receiving a 1080p single, so is the Xbox upconverting the DVD, if so it was doing a fab job as the picture was really good, better than my Zenith.
post #215 of 5061
Thread Starter 
Yeah, HD-DVD players have thier own integrated scaler vpu.The quality depends on the player but I would imagine it would have to be really good regardless considering HD-DVD player tout superior regular dvd 480i upconvert.So in your case the xbox360 hd-dvd vpu is taking care of the conversion/upscale process 100% then outputting to yur 747i @ 1080p therefore bypassing the RealtaHQV's 1024-tap scaling.Now whether the other hqv features like noise reduction,deinterlacing,etc; are disabled as well I don't know.It all depends how the 747i's realta chips are configured upon leaving the factory. I'm not sure but your xbox360 hd-dvd may only be using 12-tap scaling.But if yur dvd processed image is near hd like you say then it may have 24-tap+.May want to look that up.

~S!TH
post #216 of 5061
Given all of the clouding, banding and other issues with the new generations LCD panels, my last hope for a truly great lcd set seems to be the 747i. I posted about my frustration with all the other top brands, and the 747i was recommended to me. The reply claimed that everyones eggs had disappeared. Is that true, and would you all purchase the 747i again? Thanks for any input.

Oh, and the apparent SD viewing quality of this set would be a big plus to me too.


John
post #217 of 5061
Yesterday I ordered the 747i from a small TV shop in Bonita, CA.

Price about same as others here on this forum.

I have a digital camera and will post pics with Xbox 360 and Wii (no PS3 or HD STB).

They said I should have it by end of this week.
post #218 of 5061
Quote:
Originally Posted by S!TH!NAT0R View Post

Yeah, HD-DVD players have thier own integrated scaler vpu.The quality depends on the player but I would imagine it would have to be really good regardless considering HD-DVD player tout superior regular dvd 480i upconvert.So in your case the xbox360 hd-dvd vpu is taking care of the conversion/upscale process 100% then outputting to yur 747i @ 1080p therefore bypassing the RealtaHQV's 1024-tap scaling.Now whether the other hqv features like noise reduction,deinterlacing,etc; are disabled as well I don't know.It all depends how the 747i's realta chips are configured upon leaving the factory. I'm not sure but your xbox360 hd-dvd may only be using 12-tap scaling.But if yur dvd processed image is near hd like you say then it may have 24-tap+.May want to look that up.

~S!TH

Sith I was playing the DVD in the Xbox not the HD DVD player.
post #219 of 5061
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post

I posted about my frustration with all the other top brands, and the 747i was recommended to me. The reply claimed that everyones eggs had disappeared. Is that true, and would you all purchase the 747i again? Thanks for any input.

Oh, and the apparent SD viewing quality of this set would be a big plus to me too.

My eggs are completely gone after a steady week of usage. Other than minor light leakage visible on the lower corners when watching a dark screen (or a 2:35:1 movie with black bars) I have zero complaints. No banding (unless you feed it a grey screen), no clouds, no "ghostbar." I spent a year looking for a 1080p LCD HDTV that would't make me feel like killing myself for choosing a set that would compromise the things I wanted the most (PIP options, passable SD performance, 1:1 pixel mapping, etc.) and other than the fact that its 47" and not 52" like I wanted (decided five more inches in size weren't worth sacrificing the SD smoothing performance of the Realta HQV) I have no regrets. I would purchase this TV again and, if I were wealthy, would buy similar sets for my friends and relatives to show them how much I love them. Go back to the entire threads and see the pictures that I posted. A lot of them are for SD material and speak for themselves (although the pics just don't do justice to seeing the set in person). Don't become too attached to SD though. As I type this I'm watching the Arnold Palmer invitational on NBC and NASCAR on ABC (both 1080i via PIP) because the NASCAR picture quality is just so fracking stunning to watch... and this coming from a pointy-headed intellectual liberal from NYC that looks down on NASCAR!
post #220 of 5061
Wow, just checked pricing, the 747i is pricey!

That's assuming the Buy.com price is as good as it gets.


John
post #221 of 5061
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techaholic View Post

Sith I was playing the DVD in the Xbox not the HD DVD player.

Oh. I was under the impression xbox360 doesnt output to true 1080p unless you have the hd-dvd addon and only outputs games to 720p currently.I guess it does upscale dvd movies to 1080p if the that is the tvs native rez.Cool.

Dug up the info here....
http://kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/sh...put-201816.php
post #222 of 5061
Quote:
Originally Posted by S!TH!NAT0R View Post

I was under the impression xbox360 doesnt output to true 1080p unless you have the hd-dvd addon and only outputs games to 720p currently.

With the updates to the Xbox 360 OS (which are automatically downloaded when logging on XBox Live or when booting a new game that comes with it, like "Gears of War," that won't work on the 360 without it) all Xbox games can play up to 1080p (or lower if your set isn't 1080p) via component and VGA. Regular DVD's (on both the 360 drive or the HD-DVD add-on drive) can only be output as 1080p by VGA connections, which aren't subject to the studio copyright restrictions that force all DVD players (including the 360) to output DVD's at 480i. I hooked a three-year old 480i Panasonic DVD recorder (cost me $450 back then) via component cables to the 747i using the same scenes from the DVD's I used for the tests with the 1080p VGA connection (see pictures in the previous page). Result? Nearly identical PQ on both. Guess the VGA upconversion of the XBox 360 must be tremendous. Either that or the 747i is as adept at converting 480i from a DVD into the set's resolution as well as the more trouble-free 1080p VGA fitting into the set. 1:1 = WOW!
post #223 of 5061
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post

Wow, just checked pricing, the 747i is pricey!

That's assuming the Buy.com price is as good as it gets.

It's a brand new set John. You should have seen what the MSRP of this set was when it was expected to show up in mid-to-late 2006: $4,500+. Since it was delayed for nearly half-a-year (giving 1080p models from Sony and Sharp a chance to get valuable market share) Olevia has dropped the MSRP to $3,500, and online retailers like buy.com have lowered that to what you can currently get it for. If its too pricey for you I'd wait a few months to see if it drops a few hundred dollars and then pounce on it. The alternative would be to go with the just-released Samsung LN-T5265F that has a 15,000:1 contrast ratio and offers 1:1 pixel mapping, but its performance with SD material is likely to be as average or bad as previous Samsung LCD's. After a year looking I'm pretty certain the Olevia 747i is the best set for both 1080p and SD viewing (at the expense of blacks and contrast ratio, which are only average to mediocre and not great like the Sammy and Sharp 1080p LCD's), and since its new that comes at a price premium.

I'm a poor person John (make less than $35K per year) but watching quality TV is of premium importance to me. Based on that the price I paid for my 747i (about $100 away from the buy.com price) was not the best, but I don't regret it because this is one of the HDTV's I can honestly say is worth the price premium (flaws and all). YMMV.
post #224 of 5061
Ok this set needs a settings/tweaks thread, should we start one?
post #225 of 5061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

I'm a poor person John (make less than $35K per year) but watching quality TV is of premium importance to me. Based on that the price I paid for my 747i (about $100 away from the buy.com price) was not the best, but I don't regret it because this is one of the HDTV's I can honestly say is worth the price premium (flaws and all). YMMV.

I applaud your priorities in life dad! Having a television that produces a great picture is indeed a necessity of life, I share your opinion.

My comments about the 747i's price were based simply on surprise at the actual street prices. It's fully $550.00 more than a Sony Bravia XBR2 46 inch at the best current street price from a reputable vendor. That price essentially sets the standard for high end pricing. The new 92 series Sharp 46 inch is also available at that same price point. I wouldn't have believed that Olevia could price themselves at the same level as the other two, much less that much higher.

And please understand, this is, in no way, a negative comment regarding the 747i, or it's quality, only relative pricing.


John
post #226 of 5061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techaholic View Post

Ok this set needs a settings/tweaks thread, should we start one?

What's wrong with this one? Just because we're talking about how much we like the set doesn't mean we want to talk TV performance. Also, the absence of a numerical scale on the measuring gauges and the fact the set comes already calibrated out of the box (6500k temperature) means in my case that the TV needs little to no adjusting. In fact, only the selection of Lighting on the remote control (Bright, Medium or Dark settings) is pretty much all the tweaking I do. I only mess with the Brightess and Contrast settings drastically when I hook the Xbox 360 with a VGA cable, which washes the picture considerably with the 747i's default settings. For regular HDTV, TV and DVD viewing Brightness I keep at approx. 35% into the gauge (from left to right), contrast near 75-80%, color down to 45%, Tint unchanged, Sharpness unchanged and Color Temp at 6500K (9300K is too much like Cool setting on other TV's and Natural too close to 9300K for my taste).

That's the beauty of the 747i. There are a ton of customization options for those that feel inclined to tweak the TV, but the picture already comes out of the box pretty much OK (and calibrated to boot) for those of us that just want to plug the TV and start watching.
post #227 of 5061
Ok, I agree VGA is washed out, and the 6500k is near perect. The only thing that confuses me is how and when to scale down DVD players to get the 747 to do the upscaling.

I just hooked up my PC with a 7900GT GPU thru DVI to HDMI and it would do 1080i like a champ, played COD2 with no problems at all, but when I tried to set the output to 1080P the screen kept jumping about once a second, couldn't get it to stabalize. Any ideas?

Also the display was perfect at 1:1 mapping, but when I turned on game mode it got fuzzy!!
post #228 of 5061
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techaholic View Post

I just hooked up my PC with a 7900GT GPU thru DVI to HDMI and it would do 1080i like a champ, played COD2 with no problems at all, but when I tried to set the output to 1080P the screen kept jumping about once a second, couldn't get it to stabalize. Any ideas?

Hmmm strange,you should be only able to output true rez from a pc not interlaced. My Htpc rig consists of a GF5950FX-Ultra vc w/ v93.71 drivers and I have no issues at all.It see's the 747i as a hd monitor and once I set the rez to 1920x1080 the 747i displays it as true 1080p/60Hz....I also have 1:1 mode active.I don't know how much pc technically inclined you are so I'll just state some key settings for you to check.
-In NVidia display properties for your card:
_Under 'nView Display Settings' try clicking 'Detect Display'.For Current Display it should then show '747-B11' if it hasnt before.
_Under 'Screen Resolutions and Refresh Rates' make sure you have 'Show Standard Hdtv Formats' checked and be sure your resolution is set to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.That should be the maximum resolution you can do if the 747i is detected properly.

Something that just occured to me.You may have yur refresh set to either 24 or 30 instead of 60 therefore the 747i is interpreting that as a 1080i output.Anyway, try the above and you should be all good.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Techaholic View Post

Also the display was perfect at 1:1 mapping, but when I turned on game mode it got fuzzy!!

Most likely due to what I mentioned above.The 747i and the pc are getting sgnals crossed in regard to proper rez output/reception.


P.S. Screw Game Mode.I don't even bother with that since I've seen no noticable benefit plus it darkens everything down too much.I just use 'High Def Tv' Mode (like with my sat tv and dvd) Make sure Cropping,Noise Reduction, & all 'IDEA' settings are off when you game whether via pc or console.
post #229 of 5061
Attached are pictures with egg-shapes with no signal and banding with grey background
LL
LL
post #230 of 5061
Thread Starter 
Thx for the pics dmkara.Those eggs will disipate within a few days.



Ok, let me state the issues I was having before with my SD channels not being properly processed by the RealtaHqv are now cured.Seems there was some kind of compatibility quirk between the directv H20 reciever and the RealtaHqv not playing nice.I was right, the Dtv H20 recievers internal signal scaling was infact bypassing the Realta.After resetting/fiddling with various H20 settings/modes and in turn resetting my 747i to factory defaults&recfg'ing the set now takes over with proper hq upscaling&deinterlacing like it should bypassing the H20. I finally conclude that the near-hq/dvd SD upconversion is superb next to none on the 747i.Also, I finally have both my tuners setup/cfg'd via cable feed and WOW.For a straight coaxial rf feed most of these 'free' HD channels come in grade-A quality w/ SD upscaling yielding incredible results. 1024-tap 1080p upscale baby!!
post #231 of 5061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkara View Post

Attached are pictures with egg-shapes with no signal and banding with grey background

Yikes, looks like the "banding" on my 747i isn't isolated! dmkara, have you noticed any (and I do mean ANY) instance of "banding" with your 747i while watching regular TV/HDTV/video in it? Since I discovered "banding" on the grey screens of my SA 8300 HD-DVR I've spent an obscene amount of hours looking for it when I'm playing games, watching sports, etc. I've given up, I cannot see the "banding" from the grey screen during regular use. Apparently its not as bad as the "banding" on the newest Sharp Aquos 1080p LCD's, which often jumps out at viewers during regular shows.
post #232 of 5061
Quote:
Originally Posted by S!TH!NAT0R View Post

The thing that really urks me with the 747i is the fact that there's no on-screen indication to let you know that the realta is infact doin' it's thing and when it's not.....especially with broadcast sd content.A real oversight imo.Also, it would have been nice for Syntax to include a little insert in the manual stating the source output conditions to be met for the realtaHqv to work properly.For example, when you hit display or info it would have been logical for the on-screen display to read something like "480i-1080p upconvert enabled" or "480i-1080i Upscale Active".And when the scaling of the realta isnt active something like this: "480p Hqv upconvert impossible.Please check source" or "720p Hqv upscale invalid.Source must be 480i" or "480p_upconvert disabled".Something along those lines. Another thing, some user settings to enable/disable various settings, mainly being upscale/deinterlace, with the RealtaHqv.In general, there should be a way to permit the bypass of the realta internal signal processor.They definitely have the capability to implement something like this with a firmware update if enough people call them or email them about this shortcoming.

I don't own this TV, but my understanding from other AVS threads is that since you have a 1080p LCD, you can't be looking at anything other than 1080p on your set. It is therefore implied that realtaHqv is taking the source (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i o whatever, as indicated in the TV's info display) and always converting it to 1080p. By hook or by crook, scaling, adding letterbox bars, whatever, the TV's processor is must create a 1080p image in order to display it on it LCD.

If my mental model is correct, then, the only time the realtaHqv is *not* doing its anything is when your source is already 1080p. In every other case, some amount of conversion is being performed in the TV's processor. Unfortunately, the TV cannot give you the entire picture (so to speak). It only knows what was presented at it input, not what the original media was. (An exception to this is when it is tuning OTA HD channels.)

Forgive me if this is already well understood. When we have a some media input to a source (DVD player, cable box, satellite tuner, etc) connected to the TV:

media ----> source ----> TV ----> your eyes

we have three possible resolutions. The media resolution (DVD: 480i, cable box: varies by programming, etc), the source output resolution (possibly the same as the media if the source device is/can be configured to "native", though often set to be something else) and the TV's resolution (always 1080p in your case).

With the Syntax's high quality processor, it would seem you'd want the source to do as little conversion as possible to the media resolution, thus allowing the TV to the most. In the case of DVD, you'd want the DVD :

DVD disc --(480i)--> DVD player --(480i)--> TV --(1080p)--> your eyes

This also explains your later issues with you DirectTV box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S!TH!NAT0R View Post

Ok, let me state the issues I was having before with my SD channels not being properly processed by the RealtaHqv are now cured.Seems there was some kind of compatibility quirk between the directv H20 reciever and the RealtaHqv not playing nice.I was right, the Dtv H20 recievers internal signal scaling was infact bypassing the Realta.After resetting/fiddling with various H20 settings/modes and in turn resetting my 747i to factory defaults&recfg'ing the set now takes over with proper hq upscaling&deinterlacing like it should bypassing the H20.

Earlier, apparently, you where happy with the results. At that time, possibly, this was happening:

Sat program --(480i)--> Sat Receiver --(480i)--> TV --(1080p)--> your eyes

where the TV was doing all of the conversion and producing a satisfactory result.

I'm unfamiliar with DirectTV H20 settings, but perhaps they where changed from what might have been "Output Native" to something else, "Output 1080i" lets say. So now we have all but lobotomized the TV's scaler:

Sat program --(480i)--> Sat Receiver --(1080i)--> TV --(1080p)--> your eyes

relying instead on what is probably a crap scaler in the H20, producing your unsatisfactory result.

Given the media's resolution is controlled by a third party, in some cases you could have this occurring, yielding a less than optimal result with no work around:

Original material --(480i)--> Sat program --(720p)--> Sat Receiver --(720p)--> TV --(1080p)--> your eyes

This might occur, for instance if the satellite broadcaster "promised" 720p but only had 480i material. I don't know about DirectTV, but I think this sometimes happens on OTA digital stations and cable.

-Steve
post #233 of 5061
Guys, I posted a review of the 747i on CNET's website: http://reviews.cnet.com/Syntax_Olevi...1713&tag=uolst. If you own the set, like it and want to spread the word about its good or bad aspects make sure to post a brief summary of what you think of it on CNET. Like it or not CNET is widely read so the more accurate a picture we can paint of this set to J6P's coming across CNET looking for info the better the 747i will fare.
post #234 of 5061
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the elaborate insight Sfw.

dad153, I'll definitely add to that when I get a chance.Good job mang.



I thought this needed to be migrated here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude,"LCD Models with multi-source PIP?" thread View Post

Too bad they mated a crappy panel with a top notch VP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S!TH!NAT0R reply View Post

Perhaps Syntax could've/should've used a higher end panel considering the 7 models is thier flagship series....but then again that would have translated to maybe $1k+ more than what we paid.The LG LC470WU2 with 92% color gamut is by far hardly a crappy panel though IF that's what's in our set.So far that is only one of 3 panels types that we know of for sure they use for the 747's.A Syntax techrep stated to me that the 747's also use Samsung panels and perhaps another manuf. as well.What type?...no clue.I asked if there was a way to tell what panel is in my set and he said no. So none of us really know what panel we have in our sets. I may keep following up on this until I get a straight answer from them.I for one would like to know what exact brand/type panel is in my set.

It seems a contract manufacturer named Solar Link International Inc. ,outsourced by Syntax,in Ontario,California is the main source for 747i manufacturing.That can be bad or good news considering I work for an electronics contract manufacturing myself since I've seen both good and bad sides.Maybe I can pull some strings thru some contacts and find out what panels we have based on serial #.
post #235 of 5061
Quote:
Originally Posted by S!TH!NAT0R View Post

It seems a contract manufacturer named Solar Link International Inc. ,outsourced by Syntax,in Ontario,California is the main source for 747i manufacturing. Maybe I can pull some strings thru some contacts and find out what panels we have based on serial #.

Please do. The alternative is for somebody that knows what he/she is doing to open their 747i from the back and peek around looking for the panel manufacturing serial number. Interesting info can be discovered that way. Back when I was seriously looking at buying a JVC LT-FN47 1080p LCD one of the owners (and fellow AVS Forum member) laid his set on top of a mattress, unscrewed the back and looked around with a flashlight. He discovered that Samsung supplied JVC with the a glass that only covered 72% of the NTSC color gamut (versus the 92% color gamut glass Samsung was supplying to both itself and Sony for their 1080p models), a further reason I held on buying a JVC HDTV.
post #236 of 5061
Thread Starter 
Ok it seems Samsung doesnt currently produce 47" panels due to conflict of interest with indutrys current opinion of customer demand.In the 40's they only produce 40,42,46, and newly 52".So that rules them out.http://displaydaily.com/2006/04/12/s...ith-lgphilips/ Based what I've researched so far the ball seems to favor LG-Phillips' court for the 747i panel.In Jan.'06 LG opened a $5.5B plant for producing thier 7th generation 42" & 47" Lcd panels. http://news.soft32.com/lg-opens-a-lp...lity_1340.html
I'm willing to bet our 747i's have 7th gen LG panels.
Resuming research...

Some more evident links toward Syntax's&LG-Phillips(LPL) solidigied partnership for 2006-07+........
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....496&highlight=

http://www.displaybank.com/letter_eng/sample_korea.htm



Here's the current Syntax-Brillian market portfolio for anyone interested.Alot of good info here.
http://library.corporate-ir.net/libr...yntax_HDTV.pdf
post #237 of 5061
Well I fixed my flickering 1080p PC display, I changed the Sync Width (haven't got a clue what that is) lowered it and that fixed it, so now I play COD2 in 1080P Woow...
post #238 of 5061
I assume that's the PC version of COD2 you're referring to Techaholic (not the Xbox 360 version)? S!TH, thanks for the info about the panels. Chi-Mei is the other LCD glass manufacturer that does panels in 47" size (for Vizio, Westinghouse, Toshiba, etc.) and I honestly don't think the 747i glass in front of me looks like it came from them (i.e. the blacks aren't perfect but they sure ain't washed out). Its gotta be a top-tier LG-Philips glass by default and process of elimination.
post #239 of 5061
Yes dad it's the PC version of COD2, the display is crisp and there is no ghosting what so ever. Web pages are as clear on the 747 as on my Gateway 21" really impressive. Now back to the Dish Network receiver, should it be set to 480i or 1080i for the 747 to do its magic? (still confused).
post #240 of 5061
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techaholic View Post

Yes dad it's the PC version of COD2, the display is crisp and there is no ghosting what so ever. Web pages are as clear on the 747 as on my Gateway 21" really impressive. Now back to the Dish Network receiver, should it be set to 480i or 1080i for the 747 to do its magic? (still confused).

Make sure both 480i and 1080i are checked with Native mode enabled.That way the inferior upconvert process of the sat reciever is bypassed with the true broadcast rez of both sd(480i) & hd(1080i) channels signaled straight to the 747i/RealtaHqv for 100% optimally efficient upscaling.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › ~Official Olevia 747i/742i owners thread