1. When will TWC get the Federally Mandated IEEE-1394 Firewire working correctly in the SA8300HD?
[HD recordings to D-VCR still don't work and SD recordings are intermittent.]
2. Many people have reported (via avsforum) audio and video problems with the Federally Mandated
HDMI interface when connected to HDMI HDTVs and HDMI A-V Receivers.
Recently we have also seen a resurgence in the DIGITAL AUDIO (Coax & Optical) interface spontaneously
reverting to STEREO, instead of selected DOLBY DIGITAL setting. What is TWC doing to correct these problems?
3. Since internal HDD (Hard Disk Drive) was designed for SD recordings, it won't hold very many HD programs.
When will TWC get the eSATA interface working correctly to external hard drives?
[FF (Fast Forward) and RW (Rewind) still don't work for programs recorded to external HDD.]
4. When will TWC provide the ability to manage DVR recordings from a PC and/or cell phone web browser?
5. Since encryption of broadcast channels is prohibited by law, many users use their DCR
(Digital Cable Ready ) HDTV to view unencrypted QAM channels (e.g. local HD) without the
additional expense of renting a CableCARD and subscribing to a digital tier. Since this is clearly
an existing, legal configuration, why don't the CSR's understand that a Basic/Extended subscription
will include local HD channels for DCR/QAM capable HDTVs?
[CSRs still insist the only way to get any HD channels is to subscribe to digital tier and rent an HD-STB/DVR.]
6. Per industry agreements and Federal regulations, a significant number of people are using CableCARDs
in HDTV's....and now in the TiVo Series 3 and perhaps similar products in the near future.
Which kinds of programs will those customers lose when/if TWC moves existing channels to SDV?
Will TWC discriminate against foreign language subscribers (like CableVision in NYC)?
Will TWC discriminate against sports or movie or premium tier subscribers?
7. Will TWC purchase an M-CARD or DCAS capable TiVo Series 4 (or provide a free HD-STB to DCR owners)
for those customers who are adversely impacted to prevent an expected class action law suit?
Is this delaying deployment of SDV for broadcast channels?
[Sure M-CARD and DCAS are on the horizon, but that doesn't help early adopters who have already
invested many hundreds and even thousands of dollars for products that should have a 10+ year life span....]
8. When will users be able to "hide" channels from the channel guide, whether because they don't
subscribe to some channels, don't want unwatched channels cluttering up the guide and/or don't want
their family to see the X-Rated program descriptions.
9. Why doesn't TWC (or someone) publish an extra cost, comprehensive hardcopy program listing?
[I try to use ONSAT Magazine (for DISH), but it only shows a few HD channels common to TWC,
is missing half the other channels and the timezones don't match for many of the remaining listings.]
[And it would take forever to print a guide from www.titantv.com
, so perhaps the STB/DVR
needs a web browser capability....]
10. Will the new Digital Navigator be able to (selectively) display a large number of channels (10 or more)
and extended time periods in a single view? This would need to be adjustable by the user,
depending on TV/HDTV resolution and whether or not they want to suppress the small "live TV" window.
Since hardcopy listings do not exist, it takes several minutes just to cursor through all the channels.
[My remote control buttons....and both thumbs are all worn out!!!!]