OK, Here is the updated details
Trip has been confirmed!! here is the information:
JL Audio FacilitiesDirections:
10369 North Commerce Pkwy.
Miramar, FL 33025( Click here for Map )Date/time
Friday, April 20th, 9:45am - 4:30pm
The Schedule is as follows:9:45am - 10:00am
- Arrive at JL Audio10:30am - Noon
- Factory Tour with Manville Smith12:15pm - 1:15pm
- Lunch with JL team
1:30pm - 2:30pm - Group One in Manufacturing and Group Two in Home Theater demo and product discussion2:45pm - 3:45pm
- Group Two in Manufacturing and Group One in Home Theater demo and product discussion4:00pm - 4:30pm
- Q&A with Carl, Manville, Lucio, and Andy
As you can see guys, JL Audio has gone thru some great lengths to make this happen, and doing so for free for our own experience, so in this light I ask that you please abide by the following rules:
* Be on time
!! Seriously, please try not to walk in there past 10am, because the tour is in a tight schedule, and doors WILL BE CLOSED. Those of you traveling from Tampa and WPB, etc, we are excited to see you guys here, but please try to arrange your travel to accommodate for possible traffic/delays, etc....best to be there early than late!
* Please dress Casual but professional....that means NO SHORTS or T-Shirts or Sandals!! Some work slacks and a polo or something like that would be perfect, and wear some comfortable shoes, as we may do some good amount of walking.
* You are encouraged to bring TONS of detailed technical questions, specially things like Ground plane measurements, distortion figures/testing/methodology, and things like that. We are indirectly representing AVSforum, so as such, lets avoid the "hey look, what does this red button do"
type of stuff
For all of you who wanted to get the inside scoop on the JL drivers and how the fathom/gotham works, etc, this is your big chance.
* Cameras are allowed, but ONLY in certain areas, and definitely NOT in the factory floor. Carl and the JL team will give us all that info at the time, but yes, you can bring cameras if you like.
* I've had several PMs asking about "special discounts" on the subs should some of you want to purchase one there. Unfortunately, due to Dealer contracts, JL cannot do this on the spot. However, if enough interest arises, Carl said he will try to arrange a nice group price through one of the local dealers, specially for this group.
* Did I mention that you BE ON TIME?
So here is the list of individuals I have, and I still need you guys to please ammend your posts and include a Shirt Size, or you will be getting the default large ones:
Shervin Sabripour (ssabripo), XL
Chuck Witt (chasw98), XXL
Terry Hollis ( tirider ), XXL
Jeremy Gillow (jvgillow), L
Bill Colosi (Wafflebird), XL
Brien Bohmann (poormanQ45), L
John Uustal (johnuustal), L
Jamie Blumenfeld (icehawk_os), M
Jerry Horta (Horta ), default
Mitch Lampert (mitchlampert), L
Yuri V. (yuriv), default
Lukas Gilkey (Luke G), L
Thomas Baker (with Luke G), L
Luis Cardona (NO1B4ME), L
Members who are going but have not given me full names, etc:Launche
the following people have not confirmed and will not attend unless I get a confirmation with additional info:instrance
So there you have it folks.....A couple of days before the trip I will send out a reminder PM with my email and phone number in case you guys get lost or need help, etc.FINALLY
, please send me your email to firstname.lastname@example.org