Originally Posted by Princeismyname
From what I collect here on AVS.
1) Burn in for first 100hrs with video.
2) White washes every now and then.
3) Set pixel shifting to however minutes
4) Set screensavers to " "
5) And since I play games, and use it as a monitor.....would have to watch how long I play a certain game for so the static image doesnt burn in. Apparently no more than 15% of the tvs lift span.
6) After 1000hrs, burn in should be a lot less of an occurance.
1) For the first 100 hours, just use a mixture of content. Probably best not to always have black sidebars or black top/bottom bars exclusively during that time (about a month or less). For most people that's probably not hard to do and they don't even have to think about it.
2,3,&4) Never had to do and never worried about those things.
5) This is the only one I'd be concerned about if I were you. You'd have to get answers from some gamers with plasmas.
6) I've read it is more like after the first 100 hours that burn in was less likely. If you think your use would be an issue with burn-in on a CRT then you should probably consider it an issue on a plasma as well.
Plasmas don't need to be babied very much. I don't have one anymore, but it certainly isn't because of burn-in issues.