or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2007 Samsung LED Owner's Thread (HLT XX87/89S)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2007 Samsung LED Owner's Thread (HLT XX87/89S) - Page 493

post #14761 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakking View Post

sounds like a lot of semantics in order to back track on the promised wager

surprise, surprise...


Of course. He admittedly never had the power to keep his promise. He was just sure that people were lying in here, that he never thought he'd have to keep his end of the bargain.
post #14762 of 14847

Sneakking / Justlou,

 

I would reserve the hasty judgement until this has all been finalized.  I'm happy to honor any exchange offer that went through my department, it doesn't cost me anything.  Justlou, I'm not sure what you think I "admittedly" stated I couldn't do, but I did no such thing.  I'm happily working with Sheepnutz in PM, and hopefully I can help his friend resolve a longstanding issue with his TV and the offer he got.  I have to work within my capabilities, and I have to be sensitive not to expose other reps who may have overextended themselves on a customer's behalf.  Sheepnutz was fortunate to have had a rep that was very sensitive to his situation and, as such, went the extra mile to make him one hell of an offer (utilizing an option outside of the "exchange" settlement).  Not all reps are willing/able to do that.  I'm more than ok with helping any/all of you, but I have a protocol to follow.  Try and keep in mind that all of these "exchanges" are subject to random audit, which can (and will) lead back to the original rep; if TOO many offers hit the "exception" level or are outside of approval tolerances.  What that means is, while I can help, and in some cases be personally involved, I CANNOT manage ALL of these exchanges by myself.  In fact, they are all routed randomly to a rep; but there aren't many of us here.

 

I will be of assistance in any way I can, but it's also important to be fair.  Examples such as Sheepnutz are rare, and are not managed within the "exchange" process.  That's just a fact.  With that said, many of you can still take advantage of these other "options", that process is just less clear to me, and requires some luck.

 

 

Thank You

post #14763 of 14847

SnakeDoctor,

 

Did you ever receive a ticket number? I can go much farther with that information in hand.  Please don't post it on the forum.  Send it in PM.

 

 

Thank You

post #14764 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsungexchrep View Post

Sneakking / Justlou,

I would reserve the hasty judgement until this has all been finalized.  I'm happy to honor any exchange offer that went through my department, it doesn't cost me anything.  Justlou, I'm not sure what you think I "admittedly" stated I couldn't do, but I did no such thing. 

Let me refresh your memory of what you said and when you flat out called people in here liars, and stated you yourself are not authorized to offer what you promised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Samsungexchrep 
To ZoyToy and Sheepnutz,
I'm a Rep with the Samsung Exchange & Refund Department. I've viewed your posting related to your supposed offers for:
1) PN64F8500AFXZA - $550
2) PN60F8500AFXZA - $450
Let me just say that those reported offers are nothing short of FALSE, especially given the timeline of those offers. The current MINIMUM offering price, for those TVs are:
1) PN64F8500AFXZA - $1,067
2) PN60F8500AFXZA - $900
I say minimum, because that is the lowest that we are authorized to go without extreme intervention; i.e Executive Customer Service, Office of the President. This assumes that your television is covered in the class action, and that it is an HLT/HLS model of 61" or greater in size. It also depends on the age of your television (i.e. the "In Service Date"). Neither of the above models have ever been offered at the prices stated above; NEVER!!. In fact, I'll go on a limb. If either of you, or any member on this forum, can produce a combination of:
1) Credit card statement showing the amount stated, as well as the charge being initiated by the appropriate Samsung department.
2) The packing slip that accompanied the television, clearly indicating the amount charged.
3) The email confirmation, clearly stating the price paid, and indicating that the television is BRAND NEW, and not classified in one (or more) of the non-new television categories.
If all of the above are produced (pdf, jpeg, gif), then I will match those offers to anyone with a qualifying television set. That's how confident I am that THOSE offers were never made at THOSE prices. It's ironic that the above quoted offers are exactly (or near) half of the current offer prices. We, at the Exchange & Refund Department, are only authorized to make the offers that I quoted above, and have no authority to go below those prices; again, not without the interventions listed above.


Edited by justlou - 12/6/13 at 1:09pm
post #14765 of 14847
I have confirmed through PM that SamsungExchRep is who he says he is.
post #14766 of 14847
yeah, i was going to post something similar to what justlou posted...the utterly impossible suddenly became possible

but if in the end he gets things fixed for people here on the forum then that's great
post #14767 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsungexchrep 


"I will match those offers to anyone with a qualifying television set."

Sh_t or get off the pot.
post #14768 of 14847

JustLou,

 

I think what you're doing is taking my statement out of context.  That would be equivalent to taking the following statement:

 

"I am not a man that does drugs"

 

and concluding "I am not a man".

 

I didn't say I can't get a "like" offer matched.  In fact, I do have the power to get it approved, I just can't do it with my authority to approve it myself (i.e without management approval).  Faced with hard evidence, it can (and will) be overridden.  So please, if you're going to try and quote your perceived understanding of a statement I made, at least give me the coutesy of quoting, and then addressing, THE ENTIRE STATEMENT IN THE CONTEXT OF WHICH IT WAS WRITTEN.  I only use caps for emphasis, not to shout.  Sheepnutz's offer involved another process that is outside of my department and outside of my control.  I can still try to utilize his situation for the benefit of others, but it's less certain that it will work and, AGAIN, it involves some luck.  Now, and I hope you'll forgive me, I'd rather focus on exhausting my energies on those that will follow along with the entire discussion (which is a great thread by the way), and not pick word that suit his/her own purpose.

 

To all those that ARE following along.  I cannot offer a similar "exchange", if the offer you display was an "extended warranty upgrade".  You can say that it's splitting hairs, but Samsung makes these programs distinct for a reason.  That's not to say I can't try and swing the "warranty upgrade" option (in fact, I'm happy to try), but I can't guarantee that it will work.

 

 

Thank You, and that includes you also JustLou

post #14769 of 14847
I still go by that it wasn't the smartest thing for a Samsung rep to come on these forums and post what you did. You should have hit us up on PM or something, than cause this $HI!storm.
post #14770 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoytoy View Post

I still go by that it wasn't the smartest thing for a Samsung rep to come on these forums and post what you did. You should have hit us up on PM or something, than cause this $HI!storm.

In the end, I hope he does actually help someone. ...But you're right, there is still no excuse for him riding in here on his high horse with his guns blazing, calling you and Sheepnutz liars, and making promises he knew he could never keep. His words speak for themselves, and were not taken out context. His original purpose for joining this group was not to help anyone, but to call out its users. Read his original post. he never offered anyone any help other than to issue his "message board challenge". He could have joined the group, explained who he was, and offered help. But no. He made a silly challenge, lost, and is now trying to make up for it because he can't offer what he originally promised.
post #14771 of 14847

zoytoy,

 

Could you imagine the following scenario?:

 

Samsungexchrep:  Hi, would you be so kind as to share with me the details of your "extremely" sweet deal?  I'd be very curious how you got that deal, from who, when, and if you really paid that little for it.  From my records, you should have paid twice as much (or more), and I really need to figure out what happended.  Thank you for any information that you volunteer, as this will help both me (and Samsung) to improve our "exchange" program.  Also, would you supply your credit card statement, email from Samsung, etc., etc...........That way, I can go and track down the details.

 

Forum Member:  Of course, here you go.  I'm happy to provide you with any thing you might ask for, because we're all part of the same forum.

 

Yep, that would have worked miracles.  All of you would have lined up ready to sign over your homes to me also.  If you examine my approach, you'll see that I was very direct, just very critical.  I provided my motives up front, and I didn't play "corporate spy".  I told you who I was, and what I can do for everyone; again within protocol.

 

Let's get serious, you would have been FAR MORE suspicious than you already are if I'd try the "honest" approach...........as you put.  I told you all what my position was, POINT BLANK, while still having my friendly "customer service" hat on the whole time.

 

And also, if anyone is skeptical as to whether I'm really a Samsung rep, I think Sheepnutz might be able to vouch for me.

 

 

Thank You

post #14772 of 14847
My tkt # is 4121xxx but now that I've been send back to ECR I have another tkt of 4122130xxx

thk u
Edited by green3370 - 12/6/13 at 1:50pm
post #14773 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsungexchrep View Post

zoytoy,

Could you imagine the following scenario?:

Samsungexchrep:  Hi, would you be so kind as to share with me the details of your "extremely" sweet deal?  I'd be very curious how you got that deal, from who, when, and if you really paid that little for it.  From my records, you should have paid twice as much (or more), and I really need to figure out what happended.  Thank you for any information that you volunteer, as this will help both me (and Samsung) to improve our "exchange" program.  Also, would you supply your credit card statement, email from Samsung, etc., etc...........That way, I can go and track down the details.

Forum Member:  Of course, here you go.  I'm happy to provide you with any thing you might ask for, because we're all part of the same forum.

Yep, that would have worked miracles.  All of you would have lined up ready to sign over your homes to me also.  If you examine my approach, you'll see that I was very direct, just very critical.  I provided my motives up front, and I didn't play "corporate spy".  I told you who I was, and what I can do for everyone; again within protocol.

Let's get serious, you would have been FAR MORE suspicious than you already are if I'd try the "honest" approach...........as you put.  I told you all what my position was, POINT BLANK, while still having my friendly "customer service" hat on the whole time.

And also, if anyone is skeptical as to whether I'm really a Samsung rep, I think Sheepnutz might be able to vouch for me.


Thank You

Honestly, yes. If you would have PM'ed me and not called me out, I would have GLADLY given you the information. I had talked with Sheepnutz before I called Samsung because his post is what inspired me to get off the pot and do something about my dying TV. Maybe our circumstances are extreme and should have been handled differently. I would have gladly taken down my posts explaining my deal if it was in error, I do not want Samsung to have people calling them complaining about them not getting such and such.

I honestly thought they were trying to get rid of the 2013 plasma's etc, which was the reason for the stark discount.

I certainly don't think you doing the "challenge" was professional in any sort of manor.

None the less, I love my new TV, the kids like the 3d aspect of it, and I'm extremely happy with my level of support from the person I dealt with.

I'm still not thrilled you called me a liar, as I had not reason to lie. I'm not trying to become some forum hero or some crap. This forum is a fantastic source of information from other consumers, I have to reason to post fluff crap on it.
post #14774 of 14847

Green3370,

 

You're on the right track.  Word of advice, don't make any reference to the older ticket number, systems have a way of profiling customers and may prompt a rep to backdate your claim.  Use the the new number.  I can almost bet that you'll get a much better offer under a more recent price list.  Another thing though, don't post your ticket numbers on the board, it's much safer to PM.  Though it's not sensitive like a credit card number, it really gives Samsung (and us) all kinds of issues with false claims, etc.  And you never know how it may be used by the wrong person.  If you can take down your post, I would do so.

 

In the meantime, I'll see what I can find out about either/both ticket numbers.

 

 

 

Thank You

post #14775 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoytoy View Post

Honestly, yes. If you would have PM'ed me and not called me out, I would have GLADLY given you the information. I had talked with Sheepnutz before I called Samsung because his post is what inspired me to get off the pot and do something about my dying TV. Maybe our circumstances are extreme and should have been handled differently. I would have gladly taken down my posts explaining my deal if it was in error, I do not want Samsung to have people calling them complaining about them not getting such and such.

I honestly thought they were trying to get rid of the 2013 plasma's etc, which was the reason for the stark discount.

I certainly don't think you doing the "challenge" was professional in any sort of manor.

None the less, I love my new TV, the kids like the 3d aspect of it, and I'm extremely happy with my level of support from the person I dealt with.

I'm still not thrilled you called me a liar, as I had not reason to lie. I'm not trying to become some forum hero or some crap. This forum is a fantastic source of information from other consumers, I have to reason to post fluff crap on it.

Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth.
post #14776 of 14847
Since no one has bothered to express their gratitude to Samsung for totally stepping up to the plate regarding these out-of-warranty exchanges, I would like to do so right now. Thank you Samsung, you have a customer for life. I just took delivery of a PN60F8500 yesterday, which is replacing my HLT-5089S, and I must say that I am ecstatic about this display. I truly loved my DLP, it was professionally calibrated and I was sorry to see it go, however, the PQ on the new plasma is definitely a step up and am hoping to see many years of enjoyment from this set.
post #14777 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanebob View Post

Since no one has bothered to express their gratitude to Samsung for totally stepping up to the plate regarding these out-of-warranty exchanges, I would like to do so right now. Thank you Samsung, you have a customer for life.
+1
post #14778 of 14847
Congratulations SnakeDoctor it appears you found the right words. So tell me what are the magic words?
post #14779 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by green3370 View Post

Congratulations SnakeDoctor it appears you found the right words. So tell me what are the magic words?

The jury is still out. SamsungExchRep is looking into it for me. I'll keep you posted.
post #14780 of 14847
The link for the Capacitor Settlement form is no longer valid. do you know where I can fill out the form.
post #14781 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaohsienfu View Post

The link for the Capacitor Settlement form is no longer valid. do you know where I can fill out the form.

Use the phone number, if they still answer it. The Agreement claim period has expired.
post #14782 of 14847
Just call 1-800-Samsung and go from there. Mention your troubles and that you heard about the class action. Do not mention it has expired, and do no pressure for any deal.

Let me try and arrange it to be repaired, the part will be back-ordered, then you will be offered the $300 deal for your TV. Refuse it and ask for next level support, you should then be offered the option to pay for an out of warranty upgrade/exchange.
post #14783 of 14847
What's the part# for the green LED PhlatLight chip for HLT XX89S and where to buy it?
post #14784 of 14847
My HLT XX89S green LED stopped function 2 days ago. Would this be qualified for the capacitor class agreement? What's the part# for the LED phlatlight chip set and where to order it?
post #14785 of 14847
HLT-**89 television developed white dot issue. Spoke with Samsung rep who said tough luck. Called local repair guy who said it would be $390 to replace the DLP chip for me. Fair deal for someone who doesn't want to spend an entire day replacing it with no guarantee it will work?
post #14786 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoytoy View Post

Just call 1-800-Samsung and go from there. Mention your troubles and that you heard about the class action. Do not mention it has expired, and do no pressure for any deal.

Let me try and arrange it to be repaired, the part will be back-ordered, then you will be offered the $300 deal for your TV. Refuse it and ask for next level support, you should then be offered the option to pay for an out of warranty upgrade/exchange.
I just called Samsung and the rep would not offer me an out of warranty upgrade/exchange, instead will send some tech to check the TV.
post #14787 of 14847
They are not going to offer anything until they first send it to the tech to repair. The key thing is that the caps are not available (at least they were not a few weeks ago), so they move on to step 2.
post #14788 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

HLT-**89 television developed white dot issue. Spoke with Samsung rep who said tough luck. Called local repair guy who said it would be $390 to replace the DLP chip for me. Fair deal for someone who doesn't want to spend an entire day replacing it with no guarantee it will work?

That is really up to you if it's a fair deal. You're paying about $230 for labor on a job that should take him no more than 30 minutes. I wouldn't do it, but it was an easy repair for me since I've built PC's in the past. If you don't think you're up to the task, then you have to decide if it's worth spending almost $400.
post #14789 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaohsienfu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoytoy View Post

Just call 1-800-Samsung and go from there. Mention your troubles and that you heard about the class action. Do not mention it has expired, and do no pressure for any deal.

Let me try and arrange it to be repaired, the part will be back-ordered, then you will be offered the $300 deal for your TV. Refuse it and ask for next level support, you should then be offered the option to pay for an out of warranty upgrade/exchange.
I just called Samsung and the rep would not offer me an out of warranty upgrade/exchange, instead will send some tech to check the TV.

The person who you talked to only has the authority to offer you $300 for the set or repair it. See my post http://www.avsforum.com/t/827799/2007-samsung-led-owners-thread-hlt-xx87-89s/14640#post_23710660 . Since the Agreement claim period has expired, Samsung has no legal obligation to even offer the $300 for the covered set. They are doing this as a matter of goodwill and can change this and their policy on Out of Warranty Exchange with Fee for the covered Agreement covered models at any time.

The White Dot problem and Failed LED problem were never covered in the Agreement. If you have these problems or any problems like slow to turn on then check your Sub-Power board thru the access hatch on the right rear of the set. Pictures and instructions posted in this thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/827799/2007-samsung-led-owners-thread-hlt-xx87-89s/14280#post_23093971
http://www.avsforum.com/t/827799/2007-samsung-led-owners-thread-hlt-xx87-89s/14310#post_23194998

Do not buy parts or do any fixes yourself or by local repair shops until after swollen caps are replaced by Samsung. There is a chance that you will be wasting time and money if you don't wait.

Start by reporting the swollen caps to Samsung and see what happens. Expect Samsung to schedule a service call as the first step to confirm a problem. When the tech orders replacement board(s) then you may get a call from Samsung or he will be instructed to replace caps. Reading this thread will show that it is impossible to predict which happens.
Edited by JRWalker - 12/12/13 at 8:19pm
post #14790 of 14847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

HLT-**89 television developed white dot issue. Spoke with Samsung rep who said tough luck. Called local repair guy who said it would be $390 to replace the DLP chip for me. Fair deal for someone who doesn't want to spend an entire day replacing it with no guarantee it will work?

Where did you get the idea that replacing the DLP chip would take the whole day? There are videos linked to in this thread that show the process of replacing the DLP chip and another cleaning the set's innards, which you should do at the same time and every couple of years to increase life of LEDs and DLP chip. Also, cleaning the lens and mirror behind the DLP chip will noticeably improve picture quality. http://www.avsforum.com/t/827799/2007-samsung-led-owners-thread-hlt-xx87-89s/14310#post_23217093

Watch out for one thing in the DLP installation video, it shows using WAY TOO MUCH Arctic Silver on the heat sink. If not applied according to manuf instructions will act as insulator and increase chip heat leading to early failure.

If you really take your time, I remember the whole process replacing the DLP chip and cleaning takes much less than an hour.

See my previous post about checking for bad caps before doing any fixes yourself or having work done by local repair shops. Do not buy parts or do any fixes yourself or by local repair shops until after swollen caps are replaced by Samsung. There is a chance that you will be wasting time and money if you don't wait.
Edited by JRWalker - 12/12/13 at 8:24pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2007 Samsung LED Owner's Thread (HLT XX87/89S)