Originally Posted by darkblueme
Great post! Thank you for taking the time to explain some of your tweaks. You have been a great help.
Can you point those of us who are interested to the source of your tweaking? Is it as simple as setting everything to normal, turning the CCA off in the service menu, calibrating the settings to how you want them, and then turning the CCA back on?
I am ready to try this on my own, but I'd like to read the guidelines, suggestions first.
Thanks in advance,
darkblueme, bulb hater, keithisme,
I got an e-mail from keithisme on this very issue a few days ago but I went out of town and haven't had a chance to reply to keithisme yet. I guess I'll kill three birds with one stone :-)
I got the procedure on how to do this from David Abrams or Eliab umpteen posts ago (so long ago I can't remember who posted it). IT has been awhile since I did this so I am going by memory. The procedure is as follows:
1. Go into the service menu by pressing MUTE 1,8,2, POWER with the television off
2. Once the service menu appears scroll down to the second service menu option from the top (if I remember correctly)
3. Choose this menu option and it will bring up a sub-menu and you should see an option that says CCA ON/OFF. Change the setting to off. to exit the menu turn off the television.
4. Accessing the service menu and exiting should change all settings back to the factory defaults. Go in and change to the movie mode, color temp warm 2. Make sure all basic settings are at factory default (color 50 tint 50/50 etc.) Change sharpness to 0 and make sure all detailed settings are off or set to zero.
5. Using a calibration disc like DVE or Avia calibrate the television and write down all the newly calibrated settings.
6. Turn off the television and go back into the service menu, turn CCA back on. Turn off the television.
7. Turn the television back on and change settings to new calibrated values as they will have been reset when you went back into the service menu.
You have now calibrated your television!