or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › any blu-ray concert dvd's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

any blu-ray concert dvd's - Page 8

post #211 of 578
I picked up and watched the Kansas There's Know Place Like Home disc today and it's quite good imho......the 5.1 mix[the main format is PCM 5.1] is excellent and the pq's not too shabby either.
post #212 of 578
Thanks for combining these threads. I pulled a lot of good info out of these and have a lot to dig through more. Has anyone checked out any of the new releases that have come out in Oct. or Nov? Return to Forever looks like a good one that he might like. Are there any other new ones that have come out recently that people are liking?
post #213 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

Jack Johnson: En Concert

The sound is better than any Jack Johnson CD I have.

Did not know about this one.....will definately check this out
post #214 of 578
NIN is the best I've seen/heard so far.
David Gilmour is second.

I'm really looking forward to the 2009 Depeche Mode Tour of the Universe blu which should come out at some point. I also hope they remaster their other concerts in blu as well.
post #215 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshouse View Post

Metallica is finally coming to Blu-Ray! I pre-ordered this a few weeks ago and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. This is the info from Metallica.com (unfortunately no specs on the Blu-Ray):

"Francais Pour Une Nuit" Nimes Live Blu-Ray disc includes the full show, interviews with the band, and five videos from audience members. The DVD also contains a 16 page color booklet with photos by Ross Halfin.

The new Metallica live Blu-Ray disc was recorded on July 7, 2009 at Arenes de Nimes, the historic Roman amphitheatre in Nimes, France, easily one of the most spectacular venues in the world. "Francais Pour Une Nuit" (translation: "French For One Night") was extra special for the band as not only was it filmed in France, but ALL aspects of the project are French. The show was filmed, recorded, and edited with French camera and recording crews, the artwork was created by a French design team, even the credits are in French. The only non-French parts: the three Americans and one Dane on stage, and the photos shot by Englishman Ross Halfin.

The Blu-Ray is region free. Please know that the Blu-Ray is set to ship mid-December!

And just in case you couldn't join us that night, here is the set list:

Blackened
Creeping Death
Fuel
Harvester Of Sorrow
Fade To Black
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
One
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Dyers Eve
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Stone Cold Crazy
Motorbreath
Seek & Destroy

Is this a NA release? This is fantastic news to me. Seen them live five times, great shows. Never seen Motorbreath live yet either.
post #216 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshouse View Post

Blackened
Creeping Death
Fuel
Harvester Of Sorrow
Fade To Black
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
One
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Dyers Eve
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Stone Cold Crazy
Motorbreath
Seek & Destroy

Solid!

It's kinda like my album collection of theirs - Nothing (almost) in between Justice and Death Magnetic

Thanks for the heads-up.
post #217 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudigerS View Post

Solid!

It's kinda like my album collection of theirs - Nothing (almost) in between Justice and Death Magnetic

Thanks for the heads-up.

Yeah, for them to play a show now without Frantic or St. Anger is rare.
post #218 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider33 View Post

Yeah, for them to play a show now without Frantic or St. Anger is rare.

Actually, they rarely play either of these songs. I don't believe St. Anger has been played since Death Magnetic came out. I also believe Frantic has only been played once or twice.
post #219 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider33 View Post

Is this a NA release? This is fantastic news to me. Seen them live five times, great shows. Never seen Motorbreath live yet either.

It's not a NA release, but the Blu-ray is region free.
http://store.metallica.com/store/sto...oductId=600675
post #220 of 578
And there is ANOTHER Metallica Blu-Ray on the way this one from a stop in Mexico. Pre sale is slated for on or about Dec 7th.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602767

Quote:


DVD & Blu-Ray Tracklist

The Ecstasy Of Gold
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Ride The Lightning
Disposable Heroes
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Memory Remains
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
The Wait
Hit The Lights
Seek & Destroy
post #221 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post

And there is ANOTHER Metallica Blu-Ray on the way this one from a stop in Mexico. Pre sale is slated for on or about Dec 7th.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602767

Look at all the songs from RTL... This concert will own
post #222 of 578
Agree on Pat Metheney - my favorite of all the concert BluRays (and I have all of them) with Return to Forever a close second. You may also want to try the Yellow Jackets - just released.
post #223 of 578
Rick Wakeman also has a new BluRay - and if you like this kind of thing it is pretty cool - brings back memories of the day when these Prog Rock bands were big. This disc is a must for any of you old YES fans. Now all we need is Genesis - King Crimson - and ELP on BluRay and all prog rock fans can die happy!
post #224 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tywoniak View Post

Rick Wakeman also has a new BluRay - and if you like this kind of thing it is pretty cool - brings back memories of the day when these Prog Rock bands were big. This disc is a must for any of you old YES fans. Now all we need is Genesis - King Crimson - and ELP on BluRay and all prog rock fans can die happy!

I would love to see some Genesis (old lineup) on blu-ray. Not sure there is any material that's good enough for that. I am pretty sure that no concert footage of ELP is good enough for Blu. Wouldn't you just LOVE to see and hear Welcome Back My Friends on Blu "IF" they had quality material to work with.
post #225 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin j View Post

I picked up and watched the Kansas There's Know Place Like Home disc today and it's quite good imho......the 5.1 mix[the main format is PCM 5.1] is excellent and the pq's not too shabby either.

I wonder if anyone's seen the Kansas concert on both HDNET and on Blu Ray, and could compare the audio quality. I've seen the HDNET version, and the sound is good, but I'm wondering if the Blu Ray audio is better; is it in one of the lossless formats?

I'm also wondering about the audio quality on the Rick Wakeman Henry VIII Blu Ray; that one I think is DTS Master Audio, but I haven't heard or seen it anywhere.
post #226 of 578
I would like to see the 2006 Wembley Concert of War of the Worlds come out on Bluray.
post #227 of 578
The audio on the Kansas Blu ray disc's PCM-5.1 btw......it's excellent.
post #228 of 578
The second Metallica show listed looks even better. I just hope these are quality releases. I'll wait to order until I hear reviews or at least tech specs.
post #229 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrisoner View Post

The second Metallica show listed looks even better. I just hope these are quality releases. I'll wait to order until I hear reviews or at least tech specs.

I'll be sure to review the BD from France when it arrives in a few weeks.
post #230 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrisoner View Post

The second Metallica show listed looks even better. I just hope these are quality releases. I'll wait to order until I hear reviews or at least tech specs.

+1........Man, it would be so good if these get good audio mixes. Fingers crossed!
post #231 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshouse View Post

I'll be sure to review the BD from France when it arrives in a few weeks.

Looking forward to it!

I do have Rush R30 on preorder from Amazon. I have the deluxe version with the 2 cd set of the show on DVD. The BD will have 6 additional songs that were cut from the DVD release. I love the drum solo on this tour.
post #232 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin j View Post

The audio on the Kansas Blu ray disc's DTS-MA btw......it's excellent.

Thanks for the opinion. This title is on my list as a must see. Kerry Livgren also, but no Robbie Steinhardt ?
post #233 of 578
Nope it's David Ragsdale playing violin.
post #234 of 578
to anyone that is waiting for the Metallica blu rays, there is the nimes show, mexico show and there will (according to them filming the concert) a quebec city blu ray as well.
post #235 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by hainer36 View Post

to anyone that is waiting for the Metallica blu rays, there is the nimes show, mexico show and there will (according to them filming the concert) a quebec city blu ray as well.

3 now? Awesome!
post #236 of 578
Any word on when the Metallica disc will ship? My credit card has already been charged or does it not work that way in France?
post #237 of 578
I'm hoping the last NIN tour will be on blu.
post #238 of 578
Stevie Wonder Live at last.. wonderful concert BD..if ya got rhythm and ya got soul you'll love this BD..The hits keep comming one after another..2+hrs of live Stevie...
DTS HD MA 5.1
post #239 of 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post

Any word on when the Metallica disc will ship? My credit card has already been charged or does it not work that way in France?

My order is listed as "backordered" on Metallica.com
post #240 of 578
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › any blu-ray concert dvd's