or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 19

post #541 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

I'm quite happy with my current speakers, but this ad has me drolling http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....-Model-9-rosen


Djoel


I hate to quote myself, but have anyone seen the drastic reduction in price the owner slashed off these speakers Man what a deal.

Hope some here gets these at an awesome price.

DJoel
post #542 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post


I was selling (trying to sell...but no longer) them a couple of weeks ago ($1600)...pre-tax payment needs.

I had a post here about them, but it linked to another forum so as not to blatantly cross-post. But I got dinged by a mod with "spamming" for my effort and the post was removed. Oh well.....lesson learned.

Mudslide,

PM me if you are still interested in selling your 7B's. I would like more information.
post #543 of 1258
Hi,

I am new coming to aerial forum.
I have been using cc5 for my ht system almost 2 years with dali helicon for front, powered with 4bst for dali and 3bst bridged mono for cc5.

I am thinking to buy lr5 or buy the legacy system for focus hd and marquis hd. Please any one ever compare between this 2 system

Willy
post #544 of 1258
If you like the cc5 and enjoy it. Then the LR5 is the logical choice. The synergy is great for the LR5 and CC5
post #545 of 1258
Truly that is a deal on the Aerial 9. Wonder if any folks have move from the 9 to the 7T? Maybe Steve B.?
post #546 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post

Truly that is a deal on the Aerial 9. Wonder if any folks have move from the 9 to the 7T? Maybe Steve B.?

And I wonder WHY anyone would want to move from the 9 to the 7T? (although I admit that the 7T looks more stylish) -- there are some good prices on several Model 9's on A-gon right now.

MikeSp
post #547 of 1258
I spoke with one of aerial delaer he said the 7T for music is better but the tweeter is totaly different with other aerial speaker like 9, LR5, cc5
post #548 of 1258
Wonder how many folks have bought the new 7. One dealer told me that the 7t are quite warm sounding like the 9.

I would like to hear from them
post #549 of 1258
Anyone ever try wyred4sound sx1000 (mono 570 watt / 8 ohm) with LR5 and cc5 ?
Currently i am using 4bst for my LR5 and 3bst bridged mono for cc5.
post #550 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy.djomi View Post

Anyone ever try wyred4sound sx1000 (mono 570 watt / 8 ohm) with LR5 and cc5 ?
Currently i am using 4bst for my LR5 and 3bst bridged mono for cc5.

I have used the wyred4sound sx 1000 with my 7bs & c5 and it was very detail,yet not as musical as the Theta Enterprise. Nice tight bass. The high are a little harsh for Me. The sound is not for everyone. They use silver in their connections and it comes thru in the music content. It was very fatiguing to me.
post #551 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post


I have used the wyred4sound sx 1000 with my 7bs & c5 and it was very detail,yet not as musical as the Theta Enterprise. Nice tight bass. The high are a little harsh for Me. The sound is not for everyone. They use silver in their connections and it comes thru in the music content. It was very fatiguing to me.

Theta is the best, but the price too high. I am using my system 100% for HT.
What power are you using now for your aerial ?
post #552 of 1258
I used the W4S SX1000 on my Aerial 10Ts and hated it. They sound dull and lifeless.

I would stick with your Bryston amps.
post #553 of 1258
I use an Aragon 8008ST (original) to power a pair of 10T's. This has proved to be a good combo. You can find used ones for just over $1100.
post #554 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

Nice systems and home, svirajsilp. A true hobbyist.



Do you feel that the Aerial 7t blended seamlessly with your CC3? Figure it does not blend as well as with your original 7bs.
post #555 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy.djomi View Post

Theta is the best, but the price too high. I am using my system 100% for HT.
What power are you using now for your aerial ?

There are others that may disagree, but I sure do like them. The Enterprises are on my front three channels. They are 300 watts across the front.

The Dreadnaught I/II/III are very musical too. I'm surprised that my wife let me keep them. She did like the form factor for the Wyred4sound. The Sim Audio are very nice and the BAT 6200 are quite nice too. Proceed HPA seem to do well, but the Proceed AMP seem to have good synergy with my 7bs too.
post #556 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfriedman View Post

I used the W4S SX1000 on my Aerial 10Ts and hated it. They sound dull and lifeless.

I would stick with your Bryston amps.

One person's dullness is another person's fatiguing sound! Bottomline, I would not get it without a demo. It's not my cup of tea.
post #557 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj13young View Post

I use an Aragon 8008ST (original) to power a pair of 10T's. This has proved to be a good combo. You can find used ones for just over $1100.

Very hard to argue with that for the money. Only thing is ,what is the durability of the Aragons. Same with Proceed. I had my share of finicky Aragons. We are speaking of amps here. Mainly due to age and use. However, I love their sound. Very nice.
post #558 of 1258
I only know of one owner on this board that has a pair of the Aerial 7Ts. Maybe the rest are enveloped in their listening room!

For those that venture out from their cave, can you comment of your new prize?
post #559 of 1258
I personally didn't like living on the dark side with my Aerial 9's and used a pair of Wyred4Sound 1000 MKII 1000 watt monos to great enjoyment and satisfaction. Did somebody say that the way people process sounds is different from individuals as taste on your pallets. When I first hooked up the W4S amps. I didn't know if I was going to like all this new found clarity or not, but after about 200 Hours it would be hard for me to go back to the smothered sound of my McIntosh MC 501's or my more in your face Classe 400 mono's. The Mac's and Classe sounded way good on some B&W 802D's, but were just too Dark on the Aerial 9's for my taste. Another Mono that sounded good on the Aerial's was the Emotiva XPA1 mono's. What a underrated Amp that is. I think $ for $ it's one of the best kept secrets in the Audio Business. I have never even Heard a pair of Theta Amps but I think that the mono's are using some kind of digital works somehow isn't it.
But to the end of the story. It sure is nice for a Old Man to move those little W4S Amps around from time to Time.
post #560 of 1258
Thanks guys i think i will try to get a demo for w4s sx 1000. I have checked wyred has a dsitributor in singapore. This june holiday i will visit, also to do some demo of new 7T, which i heard the retail price around US$9500.

In the mean time thanks Glen for your idea of getting wired eclipse, in which i will try with my existing bryston amp, hopefully the sound will smoother and warmer for the high and mid.
post #561 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

I personally didn't like living on the dark side with my Aerial 9's and used a pair of Wyred4Sound 1000 MKII 1000 watt monos to great enjoyment and satisfaction. Did somebody say that the way people process sounds is different from individuals as taste on your pallets. When I first hooked up the W4S amps. I didn't know if I was going to like all this new found clarity or not, but after about 200 Hours it would be hard for me to go back to the smothered sound of my McIntosh MC 501's or my more in your face Classe 400 mono's. The Mac's and Classe sounded way good on some B&W 802D's, but were just too Dark on the Aerial 9's for my taste. Another Mono that sounded good on the Aerial's was the Emotiva XPA1 mono's. What a underrated Amp that is. I think $ for $ it's one of the best kept secrets in the Audio Business. I have never even Heard a pair of Theta Amps but I think that the mono's are using some kind of digital works somehow isn't it.
But to the end of the story. It sure is nice for a Old Man to move those little W4S Amps around from time to Time.

I agree with your logic and that taste plays a part in everyone decision on the 'quality' or 'type' of sound that is disirable to one's system. BTW: How big is your room? How far away are the 9's from the side and back walls? Do you have a center channel with it?
post #562 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post

I agree with your logic and that taste plays a part in everyone decision on the 'quality' or 'type' of sound that is disirable to one's system. BTW: How big is your room? How far away are the 9's from the side and back walls? Do you have a center channel with it?

I don't own them anymore. When I did they were 42" from back wall to tweeters. In a 22 X 31 room with 19 ft cathedral Ceilings with some room treatments. The center I was and still using is the CC3B, but I got a feeling that's about to change.
post #563 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post

I don't own them anymore. When I did they were 42" from back wall to tweeters. In a 22 X 31 room with 19 ft cathedral Ceilings with some room treatments. The center I was and still using is the CC3B, but I got a feeling that's about to change.

Yes my friend, you can consider CC5. I am using almost 2 years now. The sound stage will be much better then CC3. I am using with JL fathom 113, and set the freq 80. So it will take over almost all low freq of aerial from 80. It blendid very well for action movies.

I did break the tweeter once, but my aerial dealer in singapore did very well job, they just replace with new tweeter after one week. That why i am considering using D amp now, cause they can manage very well.

You don't have to worry about the room size. My treated room also not so big, is about 4m x 6.5m, with 2 row seats. The 3 seats in the first row only about 2.5 m from cc5, and i am feeling alright about the sound. It's really natural sound. Especially the tweeter and the mid, i believe just the same as your 9.
post #564 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post
I don't own them anymore. When I did they were 42" from back wall to tweeters. In a 22 X 31 room with 19 ft cathedral Ceilings with some room treatments. The center I was and still using is the CC3B, but I got a feeling that's about to change.

What did you replace them with? Slap my head.... 20Tsssssssss!!! Sweet!
post #565 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSp View Post
And I wonder WHY anyone would want to move from the 9 to the 7T? (although I admit that the 7T looks more stylish) -- there are some good prices on several Model 9's on A-gon right now.

MikeSp
That is a great question. I just heard that a few people did???? from my retailer.
post #566 of 1258
Does anyone know how much discount(from MSRP) could I get from my dealer?
post #567 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing View Post

Why is this thread so dead? A small company with boutique prices is obviously gonna cater to a small audience. And I'm sure some Aerial owners are playing in the 20K sandbox.

I've made a long-awaited upgrade. I will update when I have them in my grubby little hands.

Great question. Perhaps it is possible that the boards attract people with problems and complaints and, to counter that, a few off the wall fanboys. Aerial owners seem generally happy with their purchases and are too busy enjoying their speakers to write about them!
You won't find me on this thread very often but it would be fair to say I am extremely pleased with my 9's, CC5 and LR5's. Support from Michael & Co. has been excellent.
I recently upgraded my CBIII to HD status and listened to a few uncompressed movies and concerts. The Aerials let me hear what the upgrade accomplished. They were not a limiting factor at all.
Aerialsound, have you considered getting the LR5's?
bp
post #568 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post

Great question. Perhaps it is possible that the boards attract people with problems and complaints and, to counter that, a few off the wall fanboys. Aerial owners seem generally happy with their purchases and are too busy enjoying their speakers to write about them!
You won't find me on this thread very often but it would be fair to say I am extremely pleased with my 9's, CC5 and LR5's. Support from Michael & Co. has been excellent.
I recently upgraded my CBIII to HD status and listened to a few uncompressed movies and concerts. The Aerials let me hear what the upgrade accomplished. They were not a limiting factor at all.
Aerialsound, have you considered getting the LR5's?
bp

I did think about the LR5s. My wife thinks the CC5 istoo big. The LR5 sitting on casters will not meet her standards. I found some Aerial 9's for a good price used. They won't match the appearance of my rosenut cc5 but that may be a sacrafice I need to make for used price. I could toss a few extra bills for 7ts which will come close to them. Ahhh.... my delemia????

I think for HT the 9 would be better and 2 channel the 7t would be the choice. The footprint of the 7t is better too.

How much HT/2 channel listening do you do. I am 80/20 HT.
post #569 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfriedman View Post
I used the W4S SX1000 on my Aerial 10Ts and hated it. They sound dull and lifeless.

I would stick with your Bryston amps.
That's funny, I am quite pleased with my SX-1000's. I switched from the Aragon 8008 series which I was finding a bit too edgy for my ears. I am and using dedicated power, a balanced power conditioner and filtering so maybe some of that makes a difference?
Funny thing is I didn't like the combination so much at first but as the W4S and Aerials spent more time together I found I liked the sound. This is such a personal hobby I am uncomfortable substituting my senses for yours. I hope you can demo lomg enough to reach a logical conclusion. They get kudos from many different circles so they are worthy of consideration.

BTW, while I think the CC5 is a very good center, your wife is right, it is a monster!

Aerialsound, I have not heard the 7T so I am unable to compare them to the 9's. My use is opposite yours, 80% music, 20% movies. But based on this thread a call to my dealer is in order to check out his take on the 7T.
I don't think you can go wrong with either choice; there isn't a good and bad here, there is vanilla and chocolate...which flavor do you prefer?
bp
post #570 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
That's funny, I am quite pleased with my SX-1000's. I switched from the Aragon 8008 series which I was finding a bit too edgy for my ears. I am and using dedicated power, a balanced power conditioner and filtering so maybe some of that makes a difference?
Funny thing is I didn't like the combination so much at first but as the W4S and Aerials spent more time together I found I liked the sound. This is such a personal hobby I am uncomfortable substituting my senses for yours. I hope you can demo lomg enough to reach a logical conclusion. They get kudos from many different circles so they are worthy of consideration.

BTW, while I think the CC5 is a very good center, your wife is right, it is a monster!

Aerialsound, I have not heard the 7T so I am unable to compare them to the 9's. My use is opposite yours, 80% music, 20% movies. But based on this thread a call to my dealer is in order to check out his take on the 7T.
I don't think you can go wrong with either choice; there isn't a good and bad here, there is vanilla and chocolate...which flavor do you prefer?
bp
Thanks BP for your feedback. When I had the Wyred4sound, my amp was located in the rear of the HT. I ran (3)rca Blue jean to my amp from my Classe SSP 800 prepro. The sound was a bit edgy on some tracks. I replaced them with a generic balanced connection and the results were similar. I had the Aragon 4004 hookup in the front with a set of RCAs and the sound was quite smoother but not edgy at all. That is when I decided to sell the sx 1000 and replace them with Theta Enterprises LCR and it only had 16-60 hours on them they were better than the SX1000 but a tiny bit edgy than the Aragon. I was running tube hybrid LLANO Trinity Amp and had never foud edginess. Which shoud be no surprise. They has Seimen 6922 tubes in them. Very sweet. After the Theta were broken in they sounded quite a bit nicer. After this I have decided to move my prepro upfront with my amps and Furmare ref 15 and run cat6 HDMI converter to my oppo 93 in the rear next to my Sim c3xe.

I have been so swamped with work that my room is a mess. Even so I think my wife would quickly pick out a new set of 9 easily! Like I said, I am really looking to get the 7t. Who knows maybe Michael will come out with a matching center for 5k? Figure they would be easier to unload if I do not like them. 9's come up more often.


Are you using a Furman power conditioner.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread