or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 21

post #601 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post

That's the first time I heard that the c5 is not as seemless with the 9s.

Hi Aerialsound;
Me too! Especially since I sit in front of them and listen to a seamless soundstage....
When are the 7T's making an appearance at your home?
bp
post #602 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post

Hi JustMike;
I was reading your post about the CC5 not being a seamless match to the 9's and was curious why that is the case? The 9's and CC5 share, along with the LR5's, share the same tweeter and mid. Why wouldn't they provide a good blend together?
bp

I don't know! All I can say is that the blend isn't as perfect as the CC5/LR5 combination. I auditioned both, and the scenes that I like to use are both from The Incredibles:
  • When Mr. Incredible comes home and slips on the skateboard in the driveway, you hear the board go from the center off to the left where it clatters to a stop.
  • When Mr. Incredible goes to visit Edna, she walks off screen to the right as she's saying, "I was surprised to get your call."
In both of those scenes, with the CC5/LR5 combo, it was an absolutely seamless pan. So good that I noticed it. With the CC5/Model 9, the timbre matches well, but I notice when the sound goes from the center to the side.

Perhaps, when I finish my new room and have the whole system professionally calibrated, I'll have a different experience!
post #603 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike View Post


I don't know! All I can say is that the blend isn't as perfect as the CC5/LR5 combination. I auditioned both, and the scenes that I like to use are both from The Incredibles:[*]When Mr. Incredible comes home and slips on the skateboard in the driveway, you hear the board go from the center off to the left where it clatters to a stop.[*]When Mr. Incredible goes to visit Edna, she walks off screen to the right as she's saying, "I was surprised to get your call."

In both of those scenes, with the CC5/LR5 combo, it was an absolutely seamless pan. So good that I noticed it. With the CC5/Model 9, the timbre matches well, but I notice when the sound goes from the center to the side.

Perhaps, when I finish my new room and have the whole system professionally calibrated, I'll have a different experience!

Room treatment can be a big factor..... Although my cc5 and 7b are not as seamless as the cc3...my room was untreated at the time after I moved. After room calibration, a difference could be heard.
post #604 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post

Room treatment can be a big factor..... Although my cc5 and 7b are not as seamless as the cc3...my room was untreated at the time after I moved. After room calibration, a difference could be heard.

Yes, I agree. Although, the difference I described earlier was with the two different speaker combinations in the same room with the same treatments.
post #605 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike View Post

I don't know! All I can say is that the blend isn't as perfect as the CC5/LR5 combination. I auditioned both, and the scenes that I like to use are both from The Incredibles:
  • When Mr. Incredible comes home and slips on the skateboard in the driveway, you hear the board go from the center off to the left where it clatters to a stop.
  • When Mr. Incredible goes to visit Edna, she walks off screen to the right as she's saying, "I was surprised to get your call."
In both of those scenes, with the CC5/LR5 combo, it was an absolutely seamless pan. So good that I noticed it. With the CC5/Model 9, the timbre matches well, but I notice when the sound goes from the center to the side.

Perhaps, when I finish my new room and have the whole system professionally calibrated, I'll have a different experience!

Hi JustMike;
I certainly respect your ears and understand you described what you heard. I just can't figure out why either!
All I can tell you is that I hear a seamless soundstage between my 9's and CC5...MY LR5's are in the back. If the speakers were lighter and I was younger I would swap fronts and rears to test the theory out but my kness, back etal have consipired to keep my from trying that!!!
bp
post #606 of 1258
Well, hey, as far as I'm concerned, that's great news. I hope that proves to be the case for me too once the speakers are back out of storage () and in my new room!
post #607 of 1258
For those concerrn about 7T, here some email reply from michael



Thank you for your dedication to Aerial speakers. I have written my responses to your questions in blue below.



If you have any more questions, please send me another email. I am curious in what country you live?



Thank you and best regards,



Michael Kelly

Aerial Acoustics



-----Original Message-----
From: Willy.djomi@gmail.com
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:07am
To: contactus@aerialacoustics.com
Subject: LR5

Dear mr,

I have been using your center CC5 for almost2 years. This month i am planning to upgrade to LR5. Considering i am using for HT 75% and music 25%. Do you think i should take LR5 or 7 T or the new one 7c ?



The LR5 is a perfect match because it has exactly the same drivers. The new 7T will also work well, but the LR5 is slightly better. The old model was the 7B which is now discontinued. There is no 7C.

Also for HT purposes, currently i owned my old bryston 4b st (2x250 watt/8 ohm) and 3b st (2x125watt).

I am planning for LR5/7c/7t is using 4bst and currently i bi-amp my 3 bst for CC5 (125 watt for high and 125 watt for low) .
My question is :

1. Do you think is right i am using bi-amp for CC5 with bryston 3bst?



Biamping the CC5 with the 3bst is fine. Theoretically, the center speaker should have at least as large an amplifier as the left and right channels. That is because the center is producing 60 to 70% of the sound in home theater,so it is working harder than the left / right channels.


2. Which one of those LR5 , 7T, 7C is best for match with CC5 for HT use ?



There is no 7C. The new model is the 7T. The LR5 perfectly matches the CC5. The 7T works very well with the CC5 too, but the LR5 is perfect.



3. Do you think is D amplifier is better then AB amp just like bryston for your aerial system especially for HT ?

They are both good.



3 . I am planning to buy 3 mono wyred4 sound SX1000 for using LR5 and CC5. All of them is 570 watt /8 ohm. Do you think wyred is going to match well with aerial ? Or better for me upgrade to bryston 7 bsst ?



The Wyred 4 Sound amplifiers are very good. The SX1000 works very well with the LR5 and CC5! This is a good combination.


Do you have a subwoofer? If not, I would recommend a SW12.
post #608 of 1258
Hi justmike,

My room also fully treated room. In my experiences, room treated is not enough, you need to fine tune the sound of each speaker, especially 3 fronts speakers. If you don't have spl meter you might ask your nearby HT consultant. Especially in setting your preamp or pro. Fisrtly is the distance and the db volume from you main spot seat, normally just in the middle. I have some experiences also with my JL fathom113, every time i move the position it will not blend well with my CC5.
post #609 of 1258
Yes, not to worry. The system will also be fully calibrated by a professional team!
post #610 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy.djomi View Post

For those concerrn about 7T, here some email reply from michael

Thank you for your dedication to Aerial speakers. I have written my responses to your questions in blue below.

If you have any more questions, please send me another email. I am curious in what country you live?

Thank you and best regards,

Michael Kelly

Aerial Acoustics

-----Original Message-----
From: Willy.djomi@gmail.com
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:07am
To: contactus@aerialacoustics.com
Subject: LR5

Dear mr,

I have been using your center CC5 for almost2 years. This month i am planning to upgrade to LR5. Considering i am using for HT 75% and music 25%. Do you think i should take LR5 or 7 T or the new one 7c ?

The LR5 is a perfect match because it has exactly the same drivers. The new 7T will also work well, but the LR5 is slightly better. The old model was the 7B which is now discontinued. There is no 7C.

Also for HT purposes, currently i owned my old bryston 4b st (2x250 watt/8 ohm) and 3b st (2x125watt).

I am planning for LR5/7c/7t is using 4bst and currently i bi-amp my 3 bst for CC5 (125 watt for high and 125 watt for low) .
My question is :

1. Do you think is right i am using bi-amp for CC5 with bryston 3bst?

Biamping the CC5 with the 3bst is fine. Theoretically, the center speaker should have at least as large an amplifier as the left and right channels. That is because the center is producing 60 to 70% of the sound in home theater,so it is working harder than the left / right channels.

2. Which one of those LR5 , 7T, 7C is best for match with CC5 for HT use ?

There is no 7C. The new model is the 7T. The LR5 perfectly matches the CC5. The 7T works very well with the CC5 too, but the LR5 is perfect.

3. Do you think is D amplifier is better then AB amp just like bryston for your aerial system especially for HT ?

They are both good.

3 . I am planning to buy 3 mono wyred4 sound SX1000 for using LR5 and CC5. All of them is 570 watt /8 ohm. Do you think wyred is going to match well with aerial ? Or better for me upgrade to bryston 7 bsst ?

The Wyred 4 Sound amplifiers are very good. The SX1000 works very well with the LR5 and CC5! This is a good combination.

Do you have a subwoofer? If not, I would recommend a SW12.

Have you heard the sx 1000
post #611 of 1258
Yes, this is a good question. Willy did you purchase the sx 1000's? If so, how are they with the cc5/lr5?
post #612 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj13young View Post

Yes, this is a good question. Willy did you purchase the sx 1000's? If so, how are they with the cc5/lr5?

Not yet, i am going to buy within next month. However, i have been using bel canto also with cc5 now, sound very good. I just confuse whetehr to buy now or waiting for new sx 1000 reference.
post #613 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post


Have you heard the sx 1000

Not yet, but i heard with bel can M300 , it was fantastic soundstage. It will muchbetter with sx1000 i supposed.
post #614 of 1258
I think our friend BP had a very good ecperience with sx1000
post #615 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy.djomi View Post

I think our friend BP had a very good ecperience with sx1000

Heard the bel 500 was quite good
post #616 of 1258
Does anyone have experience with the cc3 and the sx 500? I think the sx 1000 may be overkill for the cc3.

Also does anyone have experience with the 10t and the sx 500 or sx 1000?

Thanks
post #617 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy.djomi View Post

I think our friend BP had a very good ecperience with sx1000

Hi Willy;
Yes, they continue to sound great to me with the 9's, CC5 and LR5's!
bp
post #618 of 1258
I have personally run in my Home the SX1000's on B&W 802D, Aerial 9, Revel Studio 2's. I have been quite Happy with all 3. The W4S sx1000 is just a neutral amp it will sound as good as what's in front of it. There is no way anyone could go wrong with these Mono's unless you stick Ugly Electronics in Front of it.
post #619 of 1258
Purchased a set of 7T's and month or two ago. They are still in the box awaiting the completion of my new home. They will be in an 18' X 24' media room. I'm debating on what to drive them with. I am interested in a Pass Int-150, but have some concern as to whether it will have enough power to listen at levels I sometimes like. I'm also considering a W4S STP-SE/SX1000 combo. I'm looking for opinions on what the 7T's need as far as power to play at higher levels.
Thanks,
Vic
post #620 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgrubb View Post

Purchased a set of 7T's and month or two ago. They are still in the box awaiting the completion of my new home. They will be in an 18' X 24' media room. I'm debating on what to drive them with. I am interested in a Pass Int-150, but have some concern as to whether it will have enough power to listen at levels I sometimes like. I'm also considering a W4S STP-SE/SX1000 combo. I'm looking for opinions on what the 7T's need as far as power to play at higher levels.
Thanks,
Vic

I am using them at the moment with a Harman-Kardon HK990 (150wpc) and do not feel they need more. My room is similar in size to yours.
post #621 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgrubb View Post

Purchased a set of 7T's and month or two ago. They are still in the box awaiting the completion of my new home. They will be in an 18' X 24' media room. I'm debating on what to drive them with. I am interested in a Pass Int-150, but have some concern as to whether it will have enough power to listen at levels I sometimes like. I'm also considering a W4S STP-SE/SX1000 combo. I'm looking for opinions on what the 7T's need as far as power to play at higher levels.
Thanks,
Vic

I would look at a Naim Supernait, especially if you are looking at a 2 channel system. The Supernait provides a brilliant d to a converter, and a wonderful pre amp/amp combo. I know that people have successfully mated Wilson Sophia's with the Supernait. The Supernait would not be a good with match with other Aerial speakers, but I really think that a 7t/Supernait combo would be excellent. Good luck.
post #622 of 1258
Thanks for the responses guys. My system is a two channel which will be integrated with a Marantz processor and amp in a 7.1 setup. Sources are Berkley Audio Design Alpha, Rega P5 and Oppo BDP-83se.

I'd really like to try the Pass integrated. I don't listen at levels nearly as loud as I did 30 years ago, but occasionally I like to turn it up a bit. One thing I have always hated is to run out of amplifier power and wish it would go just a little louder.

Vic
post #623 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgrubb View Post

Thanks for the responses guys. My system is a two channel which will be integrated with a Marantz processor and amp in a 7.1 setup. Sources are Berkley Audio Design Alpha, Rega P5 and Oppo BDP-83se.

I'd really like to try the Pass integrated. I don't listen at levels nearly as loud as I did 30 years ago, but occasionally I like to turn it up a bit. One thing I have always hated is to run out of amplifier power and wish it would go just a little louder.

Vic

I did not like the Wired 4 Sound with my Aerial 7b. Although, others have great experience with them. But I think those have been 10T and 9 owners. I doubt they would be better with my 7t. How about Sim Audio? The Pass is a nice piece. But if your concern is power, Michael told me 100 watts is plenty 150 watts would be more than enough.


See if you can demo them for 30 days. Please note it takes 300 hours to break in according to my dealer. Everyone ears is different..so you should try to audition your choices, if possible.


BTW: Which finish did you get and what are your thoughts on them? Rosenut, Black or Cherry?
post #624 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

I am using them at the moment with a Harman-Kardon HK990 (150wpc) and do not feel they need more. My room is similar in size to yours.

Kal,

When do you think your review be coming out on those Aerial 7ts? Summer or Fall?
post #625 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post

Kal,

When do you think your review be coming out on those Aerial 7ts? Summer or Fall?

Not Summer.
post #626 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Not Summer.

Would you be evaluating it only for 2 channel listening only or home theater too?
post #627 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post

Would you be evaluating it only for 2 channel listening only or home theater too?

Have only 2.
post #628 of 1258
Aerialsound,
I've got a Pass X350.5. I hate the thought of not having enough power. I just don't believe a 150 watt integrated would satisfy me. I got the black finish, but I haven't opened the boxes yet. I am very anxious to hear them, but I'm waiting until my house is complete. Hopefully next month.
Vic
post #629 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgrubb View Post

Aerialsound,
I've got a Pass X350.5. I hate the thought of not having enough power. I just don't believe a 150 watt integrated would satisfy me. I got the black finish, but I haven't opened the boxes yet. I am very anxious to hear them, but I'm waiting until my house is complete. Hopefully next month.
Vic

That should sound fabulous. Let me know your thoughts on the black finish. I'm curious whether the front baffle is the same painted black finish used for the black speaker cabinet.
post #630 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Have only 2.

One last thing...would you be using the bel canto 1000 in you review of the aerial 7t. If you do have the black finish version, could express your opinion on the finish itself in your review.

Thanks... Can hardly wait for your review.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread