I've been dubbing football games with the 3575 over the past couple of months, and I finally feel I have it down to a science, with no issues whatsoever. I've dubbed about half of the college and every pro game this season.
Tonight, to clear up HD space, I finally dubbed The Wonder Years and Who's The Boss eps I've been recording for two months. And what did I get? Issues, issues, issues!
I edited the commercials out of all titles, so they all have a running time around 21 minutes.
First, I tried dubbing multiple titles. It dubbed the first title fine, but on the second title, it hit 99% and just stayed there. I hit the 'stop' button on the unit (not the remote) to get it to stop.
This was the second problem I've had with multiple titles. So with lots of space still left on the disc, I tried just dubbing one title directly from the title list. It dubbed the title (went to 100%), then the HDD started playing the title and dubbing it real-time. Very strange. I just let it run to see what would happen.
When it finished, with lots of disc space still left, I dubbed another title. It went to 100% and then started the real-time dubbing again. This time, the real-time dub was created as a new title. What the???
I'm now confused on exactly what happened when, but I ended up with one title that was 28 minutes, with 21 minutes of actual show time, and 7 minutes of just blankness. I think that was the first one that I hit the stop button on.
I wonder if somehow the DVD got screwed up in the multiple title process and that created problems thereafter. I've never had any problems with the FB games, which I record just by hitting 'dubbing' from the title list. It will be a pain to record 5-6 shows on a disc one at a time, instead of through multiple titles, but maybe multiple titles just doesn't work.
[10 minutes later] - OK, after typing the above, I re-searched through this thread and found a discussion of glitches that can occur with title-divides. I have back-to-back episodes that I edited initially with scene delete, and then when they were completely edited, I used title divide so my DVD will have each episode as its own title. Title divide has rarely failed me for the football games. But I bet somehow the editing and dividing has corrupted some of these titles. Now I get to go back through each one and try to edit it further, which is a pain as it's so time-consuming, and I had the edits and divides done just as I wanted them. Arrgh!