DVDR3575 Basic Steps for Dubbing to DVD
1. Insert a blank disc and let it load up.
2. Go to Setup > Dubbing and press OK. ("Dubbing" will become active once the blank DVD has loaded.)
3. With HDD > DVD highlighted, press OK.
4. With Add highlighted, press OK.
5. In title list, select each title to be dubbed w/arrow keys and press OK for 1st title, then Add again and repeat process till all desired titles are in dub list.
6. Back in dub menu, arrow down to Dubbing Start and press OK. Menu changes to a list of rec. modes available for that title.
7a. If HIGH is highlighted (in white), press OK. Dubbing will start at High-speed (HS), and will take up to 30 min. depending on the file size (MB). [Use arrow keys to select another rec. mode if desired for a special purpose, e.g., to reduce total file size so you can add more titles later, before finalizing?]
See this post for more info.
NOTE: Use "High" whenever possible. It's a lossless transfer and it takes less space on a disc.
7b. If TOTAL file size of all titles added is more than disc capacity (4424 MB), the next available rec. mode will be auto-highlighted. Press OK and dub will start in real-time (RT), which will take as long as the title runs in hours:minutes. [Use arrow keys to select another rec. mode if desired for a special purpose, e.g., to reduce total file size so you can add more titles later, before finalizing?]
8. To start dubbing, press OK on highlighted "Yes" in the Start Dubbing? dialog. To change your mind, arrow down to "No" and press OK. [One reason to change your mind might be if you decide to edit titles down to lower total file size so the title(s) can be HS-dubbed instead of RT-dubbed?]
9. When dubbing is done, a message at bottom of screen advises you to Finalize for playing in other machines. For that, go to Disc Edit menu, select Finalize and follow prompts. Takes ~2 minutes to Finalize 2-hrs of SP video...the less video on the disc, the longer Finalizing will take, so fill-er-up if you can!