or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Fifth Element re-release info!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fifth Element re-release info! - Page 10

post #271 of 555
That 1080p version floating around the (use)net is essentially what's on the BRD except with a foot of EE applied, and probably some more dirt that wasn't erased.

By the way, either version could've been encoded with avc/vc-1 with a 200gb file size and it would've still sucked. The master is just old and outdated (ie Spartacus quality).
post #272 of 555
Sorry, I disagree. it was clearly superior to the BD version, and was taken from a CBand broadcast originally at 1080i and converted to 1080p. I've watched them side by side on 1080p monitors and it's readily apparent which one is better.
post #273 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post

I tried to Jon ( I sent you a PM, shortly after your request) but I must have somehow messed it up because AVS keep saying that the file was too large.

I just didn't have time to figure out what I was doing incorrectly so one of the mods that handles the Insider's Thread (where I post) on forum.blu-ray.com was kind enough to post the actual pics for all (without a password) to see.


Thanks...will head over to blu-ray.com and check it out.
post #274 of 555
Please see below for the contact information to exchange your original copy of "The Fifth Element". The new disc can be easily identified by the additional information on the top edge of the disc which states "BD RMSTRD".

Our customer service department has been notified about this program and will assist you. Please be patient if you cannot get through right away (this sort of program is out of the ordinary), or better still, use email as the phone lines may be very busy for the first day or so.


Phone: 800-860-2878
Email: consumer@sphecustomersupport.sony.com
post #275 of 555
paidgeek

any chance you could post some screenshots of the cover art of the remastered disc?

Thanks
post #276 of 555
I just called. "We don't know of any exchange program for The Fifth Element Blu-ray."
post #277 of 555
Just called the 800 number and the customer rep had no idea what I was talking about. They didnt even know a remastered version was coming out for Blu Ray. I explained the situation to him and he is going to call me back after speaking to his supervisor.
-Evangelo2
post #278 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd2012 View Post

I just called. "We don't know of any exchange program for The Fifth Element Blu-ray."

The information apparently was not circulated to our call center yet. Please wait a few hours and it will be sorted out.

Thanks.
post #279 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidgeek View Post

The information apparently was not circulated to our call center yet. Please wait a few hours and it will be sorted out.

Thanks.

Thanks, paidgeek!

Is this going to be on Sony's website, or is this a web forum only thing?
post #280 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd2012 View Post

Thanks, paidgeek!

Is this going to be on Sony's website, or is this a web forum only thing?

The information will not be on our public website.
post #281 of 555
Awesome, can't wait to get my hands on this re-master.
post #282 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidgeek View Post

Our customer service department has been notified about this program and will assist you. Please be patient if you cannot get through right away (this sort of program is out of the ordinary), or better still, use email as the phone lines may be very busy for the first day or so.
Phone: 800-860-2878
Email: consumer@sphecustomersupport.sony.com

email sent-thanks paidgeek.
post #283 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs47 View Post

email sent-thanks paidgeek.

+1
post #284 of 555
Ok. I just called and what they are doing is taking down your name, address, and phone number and they will be getting in contact with you regarding the exchange closer to the release date. So I suggest anyone sending in their info via email do the same.
post #285 of 555
+1 for email
post #286 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidgeek View Post

The information apparently was not circulated to our call center yet. Please wait a few hours and it will be sorted out.

Thanks.

Good job paidgeek
post #287 of 555
thank you sony
thank you PAID-GEEK
post #288 of 555
Is Sony going to publicly announce the exchange program? Because it sounds like it will not (it won't be on the website).
post #289 of 555
paidgeek is the man....!



Now, let's hint to the powers that be that a Bram Stoker's Dracula BD with all the old criterion laserdisc supplements, Coppola commentary, docs... etc. would be fab!

post #290 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 View Post

Is Sony going to publicly announce the exchange program? Because it sounds like it will not (it won't be on the website).

I don't think there will be a marketing campaign, paidgeek has already commented on this.

But it should be know for those looking for it

http://www.blu-ray.com top news
post #291 of 555
I also send an email. Seems a bit odd though. I have to wonder if the Sony folks are thinking about these emails?

- Rich
post #292 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd2012 View Post

Ok. I just called and what they are doing is taking down your name, address, and phone number and they will be getting in contact with you regarding the exchange closer to the release date. So I suggest anyone sending in their info via email do the same.

It became clear after I released the contact information that I jumped the gun because the discs are not set to be shipped until July. This was my oversight, not SPE's so please be patient as the arrangements for shipment are completed.

Thanks
post #293 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post


Now, let's hint to the powers that be that a Bram Stoker's Dracula BD with all the old criterion laserdisc supplements, Coppola commentary, docs... etc. would be fab!


from what I heard, it's going to be all new stuff. Doubtful that they're going to license the commentary. Not worth the money to them.
post #294 of 555
ah well, I do already have it thanks to a wonderful member here!

post #295 of 555
Excellent news. Thank you!
post #296 of 555
Thanks paidgeek!
post #297 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post

Sorry, I disagree. it was clearly superior to the BD version, and was taken from a CBand broadcast originally at 1080i and converted to 1080p. I've watched them side by side on 1080p monitors and it's readily apparent which one is better.

You can disagree if you want but if you add EE to the BRD you basically get the broadcast version. IMO EE isn't detail and doesn't equal better.
post #298 of 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post

Sorry, I disagree. it was clearly superior to the BD version, and was taken from a CBand broadcast originally at 1080i and converted to 1080p. I've watched them side by side on 1080p monitors and it's readily apparent which one is better.

This is my recollection as well, though I was not watching both at the same time. Part of last summer's Blu-ray "surprise" (and an unhappy one at that).
post #299 of 555
Thanks paidgeek!
post #300 of 555
I dont own this disk, but this is a pretty good policy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Fifth Element re-release info!