or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › 2007 Onkyo AVR (TX-NR905, TX-SR875,805,705,605,575,505) Anticipation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2007 Onkyo AVR (TX-NR905, TX-SR875,805,705,605,575,505) Anticipation Thread - Page 3

post #61 of 7304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by egcarter View Post

I'm just downloading the New Product Announcements from the Onkyo dealer site posted today for the 605 and 805...ooohhh, image for the 605 has the display showing "DTS-HD MSTR" ...how nice!

Eric

Yeah!! So it's official THD & HD MA on the 605. I am Soooooo there. Now to wait for posted pics since the pdf I have was void of JUST that model
post #62 of 7304
Onkyo availability update:

TX-SR505 Ships next week
TX-SR575 IN STOCK
TX-SR605 Ships mid-May

Eric
post #63 of 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by egcarter View Post

I'm just downloading the New Product Announcements from the Onkyo dealer site posted today for the 605 and 805...ooohhh, image for the 605 has the display showing "DTS-HD MSTR" ...how nice!

Eric

Eric- can you please point me to your download site. I also wanted to have copy. Thanks.
post #64 of 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohgami View Post

Yeah!! So it's official THD & HD MA on the 605. I am Soooooo there. Now to wait for posted pics since the pdf I have was void of JUST that model


Yep, it's HDMI 1.3a (2 in/1 out)... DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD Decoding... has Faroudja DCDI Edge (Directional Correlational Deinterlacing Technology) (always wondered what DCDI stood for...)

Component Video (3 in/1 out)
S-Video (5 in/2 out)
Composite Video (5 in/2 out)

HDMI and Component Video Upconversion
XM and Sirius ports. XM HD Surround Sound through Neural Surround


Nice Package...available in Black or Silver

Eric
post #65 of 7304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by egcarter View Post

Onkyo availability update:

TX-SR505 Ships next week
TX-SR575 IN STOCK
TX-SR605 Ships mid-May

Eric

Thankies I'll update the 1st post. Any specific day for the 505? I'll pencil in week of 16-20 for now.
post #66 of 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by priesteria View Post

Eric- can you please point me to your download site. I also wanted to have copy. Thanks.


Sorry, it's a dealer-only site.
post #67 of 7304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by egcarter View Post

Yep, it's HDMI 1.3a (2 in/1 out)... DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD Decoding... has Faroudja DCDI Edge (Directional Correlational Deinterlacing Technology) (always wondered what DCDI stood for...)

Component Video (3 in/1 out)
S-Video (5 in/2 out)
Composite Video (5 in/2 out)

HDMI and Component Video Upconversion
XM and Sirius ports. XM HD Surround Sound through Neural Surround


Nice Package...available in Black or Silver

Eric

Thanks for the Info I'll add it now. is there any other info I should throw up there?
Oh and does the front look like the 575 or the 705?
post #68 of 7304
Onkyo TX-SR605

post #69 of 7304
Thread Starter 
You rock!! Thanks
It's pretty much Identical to the 705 Pic minus the THX logo where the HDMI logo is on the 605. I think there's no XM/Sirius Logos on the 705 either.
post #70 of 7304
I'm sure there are others out there that are juggling between the 605 and the 705. Does the THX certification on the 705 imply that it is going to sound better than the 605? And is the video conversion better on the 705?

My first receiver was an Onkyo, but I'm using an H/K now...hopefully the Onkyo sounds just as warm and smooth.
post #71 of 7304
Arrgh. I just pulled the trigger on a $300 component-upconverting receiver (Yamaha 659) two weeks ago, after a month of waffling and finally deciding that HDMI-upconverting receivers (particularly 1.3 w/ DTS-HD decoding) wouldn't come anywhere near my price range for a couple years. Now the 605 does all that for $400 at J&R? That kind of future-proofing for $100 more is a steal. *Sigh* Just when I thought I was done receiver shopping...
post #72 of 7304
You kidding? Now I'm really kicking myself I just spent over $300 for a 604 last week and I can't return it, and damnit. I've been having that kind of luck lately.

This stuff just does not get posted fast enough on this forum. I always seem to miss it by a day or two. While the 604 is a nice enough receiver (which I just happened to get and hook-up today), I still feel like I wasted $300 somehow.
post #73 of 7304
Thread Starter 
Onkyo was really tight-lipped But I just did some snooping when I saw the 505 and 575 posted. I found nothing but I was persistant and the info on the German site was posted on the 31st of Mar with his pdf following a couple of days later.
post #74 of 7304
Doesn' help me any. Oh well. I guess I'll just use the 604 for a year until the refurb warranty runs out and then purchase the 606 or a refurb 605 next year.
post #75 of 7304
TX-SR875 seems to be my receiver of choice. I want to see reviews when they are up.

I have a general question. I have a Pioneer plasma 5045 that has a media receiver connected to a monitor. There is only one HDMI cable between the two. Can I have a SR875 connected to the montor with a HDMI cable bypassing the media receiver for a better quality video performance utlizing the ability of Reon chip included in the receiver? I don't think the video processing power of whatever chip which is inside the media receiver is anywhere close to a Reon chip. Any opinion?

Michaelmorio
post #76 of 7304
Im not saying the 605 will up scale anything, I'm saying it will convert 480I to 480P. Thats what i think anyways
post #77 of 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohgami View Post

Assuming the 605 is a direct replacement of the 604. The 604 would output all Non-HDMI Video signals to Component out and of course HDMI IN would output HDMI. The 705 (assuming once again it's a Replacement of the 674) had all Video inputs sent out via HDMI. For an extra $300 to the 705 you get the one HDMI connection for all Video output, an extra HDMI Input, THX Cert, Upgraded Room Acoustics Correction and an extra 5-10watts/CH. It'll probably Street for about $699 (MSRP is $799) maybe less It'll take about a couple months of it being out in the wild for it to have a more compatative price. You could pick up a 674 Now for about $500-550 (Which is much like the 705) if you don't want to wait.

Thanks for the information! Depending on how much extra cash I have in July/August when I am looking to buy my home theater stuff, I will probably either be picking up the 605 or the 705. Moving to a place of my own in May so not sure how much money I will have left over from that.
post #78 of 7304
FIRST TIME POSTER......BEWARE!!!

If the Toshbia A2 HDDVD player is HDMI 1.1 is it nessessary for the 1.3 ver? ALSO If I don't need more than 2 HDMI inputs or more than a zone 2, is there any other reasons, besides the 25 wpc, to step up to the 805 vs 804? I was about 5 mins from clicking on an 804 for $654 shipped but stumbled across this site and now got the "bug". Its hard to keep up with all the changes since I bought my 747 almost 10 years ago. Ill get my sig filled out soon.

Thanks, Jody
post #79 of 7304
Wow, this is a surprise; looks like Onkyo appeared out of nowhere to beat everyone else to market with the 1st HDMI 1.3 receivers.

"For those who aren't aware, the ReonVX in the TX-SR875 and TX-NR905 is superior to the video processing found in 99% of consumer displays. When properly implemented, it offers comparable performance to the ~$2000 video processors you see discussed over in the Video Processors forum."

But they rarely are. The latest example is the JVC RS1 pj with excellent Gennum chip, but underachieves.

It's not just putting the chip in your box; it takes a lot of resources$ to do all the software programming necessary to implement the features.
post #80 of 7304
Any way to tell if the 605 will be able to do 7.1 LPCM or is that just a wait and see thing? Sounds like a pretty good match for the PS3 if it does.
post #81 of 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgannon View Post

FIRST TIME POSTER......BEWARE!!!

If the Toshbia A2 HDDVD player is HDMI 1.1 is it nessessary for the 1.3 ver? ALSO If I don't need more than 2 HDMI inputs or more than a zone 2, is there any other reasons, besides the 25 wpc, to step up to the 805 vs 804? I was about 5 mins from clicking on an 804 for $654 shipped but stumbled across this site and now got the "bug". Its hard to keep up with all the changes since I bought my 747 almost 10 years ago. Ill get my sig filled out soon.

Thanks, Jody

Your A2 will be fine with HDMI 1.1 as it mixes the TrueHD and sends PCM to the reciever. In the future players may send native TrueHD or DTS Master but right now I don't expct it to happen. If you haven't bought the AVR you might want to check out the features and see what's important to you. I generally like to buy the new stuff since there are likely to be less niggling things in the newest stuff. Either way you'll enjoy great sound and great video.
post #82 of 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmyrunon View Post

Any way to tell if the 605 will be able to do 7.1 LPCM or is that just a wait and see thing? Sounds like a pretty good match for the PS3 if it does.

Yes. It has "color-coded 7.1-Multichannel inputs" on the back.

Eric
post #83 of 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by egcarter View Post

Yes. It has "color-coded 7.1-Multichannel inputs" on the back.

Eric

Hmmm, I think he's referring to decoding of Multichannel PCM over HDMI into 7.1, as the PS3 doesn't have multichannel analog outputs. Something alot of receivers, including mine, are only capable into 5.1.

I would venture a guess that it being a 7.1 receiver with HDMI 1.3 and all the decoders that go with it, that decoding those signals or matrixing the surrounds into 7.1 would be a given. At least, I'd like to think so.
post #84 of 7304
Wow, I was thinking on the SR 804, good thing I diidn't rush things. The 805 has my ....well if not my name but definitelly my initials on it.


Don't care for THX but I do care for the TI chip and BB Dacs.
post #85 of 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalconXBR View Post

Hmmm, I think he's referring to decoding of Multichannel PCM over HDMI into 7.1, as the PS3 doesn't have multichannel analog outputs. Something alot of receivers, including mine, are only capable into 5.1.

I would venture a guess that it being a 7.1 receiver with HDMI 1.3 and all the decoders that go with it, that decoding those signals or matrixing the surrounds into 7.1 would be a given. At least, I'd like to think so.


Ahhh...I would assume it does.

Processing 1080p Video and Multichannel Audio via
High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI v. 1.3a)


"With the latest HDMI version and advanced A/V processing
capabilities, the TX-SR605 is a powerful control center for highdefinition
media, particularly Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD. With two
HDMI inputs, you can receive and switch compatible sources for a pure
digital connection to an HDTV.Also, all multichannel audioincluding
high-resolution formats such as DTS, Dolby Digital and DVD Audio
can be digitally transported via HDMI for processing by the TX-SR605.
HDMI version 1.3a gives you greater bandwidth to deal with higher
resolutions, 36-bit Deep Color and high frame rates."

Onboard DTS-HD® Master Audio and Dolby®TrueHD
Codecs for Next-Generation Audio


"The TX-SR605 handles the leading audio codecs for the new
multichannel formats for Blu-ray Disc and HD DVDDolby TrueHD
and DTS-HD Master Audio. Both technologies enable a lossless, bit-forbit
reproduction that is identical to that of the studio master. In other
words, the same audio quality as in the studio engineer's final mix. All
high-resolution channels can be received from compatible Blu-ray,
PlayStation® 3, HD DVD and Xbox 360 components."




Eric
post #86 of 7304
Ok, what kind of DACs are inside the 605?

Wolfson?
post #87 of 7304
The 605 sounds like one heck of a deal with what it's packing . I can't say that I now regret my sub $500 Denon 887 purchase but had the 605 been available I would have given it a very serious audition . The DTS-HD decoding would be my biggest motivation for buying a 605 since nobody seems to be adding this feature into the current crop of source components . I am still not convinced on the whole HDMI 1.3 thing but I do hope that it will at least do something right by bringing fewer handshake issues to the table (maybe not if the PS3 is already telling the tale) .

--- Jason
post #88 of 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post

Ok, what kind of DACs are inside the 605?

Wolfson?

Dunno yet. All it says is "192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels"

Eric
post #89 of 7304
605 sounds good to me. Hopefully it is on schedule or early.
post #90 of 7304
Hello,

From the specs I see these main differences:

605 vs 705:
-Audyssey 2EQ vs MultEQ XT
-Xirius vs THX Select2
Price difference is $300. Is Audyssey MultEQ XT worth it?

705 vs 805:
-50 Mhz vs 100 Mhz
-Burr-Brown 192/24-bit DAC on all Channels (TI Architecture (PCM1796))
-More inputs
-More power
-3rd zone
-THX Ultra2
Price difference $200. What advantage has 100 Mhz vs 50 Mhz? What is Burr-Brown?

805 vs 875:
-Faroudja DCDi vs HQV Reon-VX Video Processing and NSV Precision Video
-Dual Push-Pull Amp with 3 stage inverted
-More inputs
-More power?
Price difference $600. What is the dual push-pull amp? How does it improve quality? Is the HQV Reon-VX far superior than Faroudja? Any comparison?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › 2007 Onkyo AVR (TX-NR905, TX-SR875,805,705,605,575,505) Anticipation Thread