or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Need help with a good 2.1 bedroom setup for around $600
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help with a good 2.1 bedroom setup for around $600

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Hey everyone -

I'm moving into a new apartment and I want to equip my bedroom with a fairly nice setup. I am looking for a 2.1 setup that will complement my wall mounted Panasonic TH-42PH9UK. I am not an audio freak, so I don't need something made for audiophiles. I currently have an Onkyo HT760 and I am very happy with the sound, but it is too big of a system for my room.

So what I am looking for is a nice 2.1 system that also looks fairly nice or sleek. I am open to mountable speakers, floor-standing speakers, or speakers I can sit on top of the dresser that will be located right under my plasma. I also plan to use these speakers for music.

The room dimensions are 12' L x 15' W x 10' H. And like I said in the title, I am looking to spend about $600.

Thanks

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2 of 9
No one has heard these yet. But from the reviews and posts about the x-series bookshelfs. I would have to take the chance that they will sound very good.

If I was going a 2.1 system for $600. I would be looking at something like this.

http://www.**********/products_produc...&product=105.1

http://www.**********/products_produc...s&product=12.1



post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.

However, I should mention that I also wanted to purchase a receiver with that $600 in addition to a sub and front speakers.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag6hd View Post

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.

However, I should mention that I also wanted to purchase a receiver with that $600 in addition to a sub and front speakers.

post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag6hd View Post

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.

However, I should mention that I also wanted to purchase a receiver with that $600 in addition to a sub and front speakers.

http://www.accessories4less.com/cgi-...em/ONKTXSR504B

http://www.**********/products_produc...s&product=94.1

http://www.**********/products_catego...ofers&brand=57
post #6 of 9
Nice setup, though the new (not refurb) 504 has been $170 at Amazon the last week or so, when Amazon has it in stock - link - more when only J&R does.

From a post in another thread, you'd want to check what the real availability is on the xls speakers if you need this anytime in the near future.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_ View Post

Nice setup, though the new (not refurb) 504 has been $170 at Amazon the last week or so, when Amazon has it in stock - link - more when only J&R does.

From a post in another thread, you'd want to check what the real availability is on the xls speakers if you need this anytime in the near future.

X-ls is seriously backordered. This thing is way too popular. Hopefully its worth the wait. I ordered them last week and my ETA is mid may at the earliest. One of the colors is gonna be available sooner...

BOL
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocrapman View Post

X-ls is seriously backordered. This thing is way too popular. Hopefully its worth the wait. I ordered them last week and my ETA is mid may at the earliest. One of the colors is gonna be available sooner...

BOL

I would be happy waiting to a good speaker to arrive, then settle for an OK speaker.
post #9 of 9
Also here is a picture of the x-sls Tower Loudspeaker

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Need help with a good 2.1 bedroom setup for around $600