Bought mine in Feb 2007, served well under fairly heavy use, appears to have also suffered an inverter board issue. I removed the back of the unit, took a quick look at the slave, saw no obvious sign of damage. As this appears to be a known issue, I was able to find a new replacement set for just under $100., placed an order today.Update 1
Shop Jimmy did not have my inverter boards in stock (6632L-0470A and 6632L-0471A), I thought it would be best to buy new (rather than system pulls on eBay), found a combo kit from United Electronic Distributors http://www.ued.net/ued/viewItemActio...AP996510007721
. Boards shipped quickly, but were not as advertised - 6632L-0371D and -0372D. I spoke with both UED, Shop Jimmy, who claim that they are indeed considered equivalents. The good news is that the display lights up 1. again, although we now notice a hazy / dark horizontal stripe toward the bottom of the display - not quite sure why. As the display still runs the original firmware, I am going to perform an update, tweek calibration again.Update 2
1. Inverter boards went bad at 7152 hours
2. Uploaded image of horizontal stripe toward bottom of display.
3. Attempted to update firmware (for first time) from 64.014.011 to 64.014.018, display could not find file on USB drive. Attempted reformatting from FAT to FAT32, still no love.Update 3
1. Nevermind - all is well; was FINALLY able to update firmware, tried several different USB drives, STILL not quite sure why.
2. Also not quite sure why, but the image seems to have returned to normal - firmware update, burn-in of the new inverter boards, ... ?