or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic 42pz700, 50pz700u, 50pz750u, 58pz700u and 58pz750u Owners Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic 42pz700, 50pz700u, 50pz750u, 58pz700u and 58pz750u Owners Thread! - Page 317

post #9481 of 10937
Anyone know who to call in Las Vegas Nevada for calibration of my TH-50PE700U?

Thanks!
AVS
or Connect
syntax error at end of input

There Seems to be a Problem

We're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us, using our feedback system. Thanks!

post #9482 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by citman View Post

Only difference is front inputs and a couple more modes from 700 to 750?

The 750 has white balance, gamma, and other picture controls that you have in your 8UK. The 700 does not.
post #9483 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmiller714 View Post

Anyone know who to call in Las Vegas Nevada for calibration of my TH-50PE700U?

Thanks!

Your first choice would be to use the Search This Thread feature on ISF calibration where you can find several guys that come highly recommended and that travel around the country during various times of the year, perhaps even coming to Las Vegas.

An alternative would be to use one of the dozen or so ISF certified vendors in Las Vegas which you can find here, although as others have found, I would suggest staying away from Best Buy as a calibration source unless they are recommended by someone local.
post #9484 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by citman View Post

members-
I am a happy th50 8uk pro model owner and now I'm going for sceen #2 for the living room. It's a fairly large room with cathedral ceilings and a large wall with fireplace (the best wall for this i think in the room) I want a 58 the w.i.f.e. just wants to get another 50 I think the room is too big for the 50. She also wants one of those frames that looks like a mirror, then turns into a TV around it to mount over the fireplace. I'm now looking into the pz700/750u series as the new sets are coming out and these are getting better in price

Only difference is front inputs and a couple more modes from 700 to 750?

Off hand I think her suggestion is a combination of all the worst things possible done together, but that's just my opinion (as a function over form type person).

Do a thread search (kinda upper-right) on "fireplace", that should give you lots of comments by many on the subject.

I'd be concerned about even further constraining any rising hot air from the fireplace and concentrating that heat on the plasma TV (which already makes a fair bit of heat of it's own) by putting a sheet of glass (mirror) in front of it. Be like a chimney structure. If put very close to screen, it would keep the screen from giving off any heat by insulating it with a small airspace and layer of glass. So if the fireplace is always off when the TV is on, and the mirror leaves a decent airgap -- then it might nto be a problem insofar as heat goes.

Those kind of "mirrors", if it's what I think it is, also work by cutting down the brightness of the screen when in "transmissive" mode. Are you looking for something old fashioned and passive (just a sheet of partially transmissive glass that's reflective when the rear is darker than the front (like TV police interrogation rooms) or are you looking at something new-tech and active (powered, with switch)? I know the passive version is supposed to be in designer-vogue, but is a terror for the videophile -- from what I've read.

As to the screen size, IMO if a larger screen can be made to fit and you can afford it, buy it. My wife had similar concerns until we installed the 58" one, and she's now in heaven about it. There is a downside -- more TV is watched the more it's theater-like.
post #9485 of 10937
Got mine in the mail today....actually thought it would take longer.
post #9486 of 10937
thanks Seem

check this site out-
http://www.framemytv.com

a frame with a mirror AND speaker mesh (I think these sets have lower horizontal speakers??? not sure.) is almost what the damn TV will cost in a 50 and not much lower in price than a 58

it IS slick though and with the speaker mesh and the fact that it doesn't go all the way to the wall would leave room for airflow methinks. not to mention cosmetically the looks would be killer. without the mirror option (doubles the pricing) it would look nice as well.

I'll do a search for fireplace and read more and also posts some pics of the room. I did a couple cardboard mockups quickly and the 58 looks better to me, but not to the w.i.f.e. of course.

will post more after some research.
post #9487 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

Got mine in the mail today....actually thought it would take longer.

so how long did it take. I have been waiting a month now.
post #9488 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by seemenewd View Post

As to the screen size, IMO if a larger screen can be made to fit and you can afford it, buy it. My wife had similar concerns until we installed the 58" one, and she's now in heaven about it. There is a downside -- more TV is watched the more it's theater-like.

Aint that the truth I find myself watching something, anything on TV now that I have my (first) 58 incher whereas when I just had a 24 incher I didn't feel as inclined to watch just anything
post #9489 of 10937
Check out American Idol. It is on now. They sure play to the HD/big screen audience with their elaborate sets and lighting. Sound is very good too. David A. will probably win this year.
post #9490 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbeef View Post

so how long did it take. I have been waiting a month now.

I got my $200 Panasonic installation/delivery rebate this past Monday...it was sent in mid-December.

It did say something about 8-14 weeks, I believe. You can go online and check if it was processed...I did, then figured it was a waiting game...the wait is over.
post #9491 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by citman View Post

thanks Seem

check this site out-
http://www.framemytv.com

a frame with a mirror AND speaker mesh (I think these sets have lower horizontal speakers??? not sure.) is almost what the damn TV will cost in a 50 and not much lower in price than a 58

it IS slick though and with the speaker mesh and the fact that it doesn't go all the way to the wall would leave room for airflow methinks. not to mention cosmetically the looks would be killer. without the mirror option (doubles the pricing) it would look nice as well.

I'll do a search for fireplace and read more and also posts some pics of the room. I did a couple cardboard mockups quickly and the 58 looks better to me, but not to the w.i.f.e. of course.

will post more after some research.

The coated glass to improve the transmission looks like a good improvement over traditional mirrors. However looking at that site didn't reduce my worry about heat inducing problems (even if there weren't a fireplace just below it).

In any case, a comment on that site had me in a quandary.

If you read this thread you'll see quite a bit of comments about anti-reflective coatings on the TV's, in particular the anti-glare coating on the 77 line of sets vs the anti-reflective on the 700/750 line. Some folk have taken their sets back and swapped them for the other version -- because of the surface treatment. That mirror blows those arguments out of the water. The mirror is built to be the worst possible TV surface -- it's optimized to maximize reflections rather than having specially made coatings trying to get rid of them. :-)
post #9492 of 10937
I have owned my 50pz700u for about 4 months now and I love it. I use it almost exclusively for gaming on my PS3 and Xbox360 and have had no issues with any sort of image retention or burn in, or any gaming lag at all. I picked this TV after much reading on AVS forum and am still very happy with my choice.
post #9493 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbeef View Post

so how long did it take. I have been waiting a month now.


7 weeks.
post #9494 of 10937
I just got a 42PZ700U. I love it so far. I was looking at the calibration thread and noticed that some of you are able to change the pull down and the HD level (my HD level is currently at 1). Those are grayed out on my set. Any way I should turn them on?
Again, I am quite amazed with this set, the sound is quite good too.
post #9495 of 10937
Actually if you go to Panasonic's site, they sell framed TVs directly as well. I think only the 42 and 50s though and only certain models.
post #9496 of 10937
well, after much debate with the w.i.f.e. we decided to get a 6ft long A/V type table and put the new set on that as opposed to going over the fireplace. Some of the seating might not have the best viewing angle, but the middle of the set will be at the appropriate level.

Can anybody reccomend any good high end A/V furniture? I found some we liked at Bell'O and Salamander. any others to consider? she is off to stores today to go look around.

Good news also is that with it on the table as opposed to the fireplace is that now I have been cleared to spend the extra $ on the 58 since we won't need a frame now.

So, my plan is to get the furniture piece ASAP, then buy the set and start jockying the living room around for the best place. There are 2 areas to put a 6ft long A/V table in that will work we think.

So, where's the best place to buy a TH58PZ750U? I've been reading allot again here and it seems most folks like to go through Amazon as the shipping and customer service is good. I have to buy online as we live out in the sticks and the nearest BB or CC is like 1hr and 20 min away Would be easier to order online for me, but there is something to be said for buying local and carting it home yourself I suppose. My 508UK model was shipped with no problems, but I've read about some bad things. opinions? thanks all
post #9497 of 10937
post #9498 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by citman View Post

well, after much debate with the w.i.f.e. we decided to get a 6ft long A/V type table and put the new set on that as opposed to going over the fireplace. Some of the seating might not have the best viewing angle, but the middle of the set will be at the appropriate level.

Congratulations! :-)

Note that the image looks about the same from most any angle -- meaning looking evenly bright (and being bright) from any angle almost to looking it on-edge. So other than for mechanical "keystoning" effects of being off to the side it'll look great.


Quote:

Can anybody reccomend any good high end A/V furniture? I found some we liked at Bell'O and Salamander. any others to consider? she is off to stores today to go look around.

Good news also is that with it on the table as opposed to the fireplace is that now I have been cleared to spend the extra $ on the 58 since we won't need a frame now.

Congratulations again. You will *NOT* regret getting the 58" one (unless you could fit the 65" or 103", etc ones).


Quote:
So, my plan is to get the furniture piece ASAP, then buy the set and start jockying the living room around for the best place. There are 2 areas to put a 6ft long A/V table in that will work we think.

So, where's the best place to buy a TH58PZ750U? I've been reading allot again here and it seems most folks like to go through Amazon as the shipping and customer service is good. I have to buy online as we live out in the sticks and the nearest BB or CC is like 1hr and 20 min away

Well, CC wouldn't have that set (it's the same one I have). It falls into the high-end category. Personally I got it from a (stand-alone) Magnolia store (a "high end" store). Some BB's that have a (different, but related) Magnolia within BB's might have them -- but stock may be even more limited now. There also is Vann's and Crutchfield's that I think I've read good things about (middle-left and right coast respectively). If the Amazon one is subject to their "Prime" deal, that would work out especially well.


Quote:
Would be easier to order online for me, but there is something to be said for buying local and carting it home yourself I suppose. My 508UK model was shipped with no problems, but I've read about some bad things. opinions? thanks all

Another thing to consider is an articulating wall mount, particularly if you've seats at many angles (that may not all be used simultaneously) that I infer from your posting. I started my quest with a table (which I actually bought -- then returned) but the Sanus VMDD26 Mount that Maverickster2 had put me on to was perfect. With it, the TV can be pulled as far as 26" from the wall (or not) and the 58" set can be turned either way to nearly perpendicular to the wall. It's about $400 at Amazon and is subject to free 2-day shipping with "Prime" (which is what I did, btw). May not be good for you, but Maverickster2 convinced me and I'm incredibly delighted -- I needed the "pointing" ability because mine is in a corner (next to a fireplace).
post #9499 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by citman View Post

well, after much debate with the w.i.f.e. we decided to get a 6ft long A/V type table and put the new set on that as opposed to going over the fireplace. Some of the seating might not have the best viewing angle, but the middle of the set will be at the appropriate level.

Can anybody reccomend any good high end A/V furniture? I found some we liked at Bell'O and Salamander. any others to consider? she is off to stores today to go look around.

Good news also is that with it on the table as opposed to the fireplace is that now I have been cleared to spend the extra $ on the 58 since we won't need a frame now.

So, my plan is to get the furniture piece ASAP, then buy the set and start jockying the living room around for the best place. There are 2 areas to put a 6ft long A/V table in that will work we think.

So, where's the best place to buy a TH58PZ750U? I've been reading allot again here and it seems most folks like to go through Amazon as the shipping and customer service is good. I have to buy online as we live out in the sticks and the nearest BB or CC is like 1hr and 20 min away Would be easier to order online for me, but there is something to be said for buying local and carting it home yourself I suppose. My 508UK model was shipped with no problems, but I've read about some bad things. opinions? thanks all

Regarding the AV table: I'd say you are off to a good start by looking at products from Bell'O and Salamander. Both offer some good looking (and functional) choices. What is the decor of the room the set will be in? My 58PZ700U sits on one of these in matte black finish with casters. The stand is attractive, solid as a rock and easy to roll with the casters. But, they're not for everyone. As for where to buy, I'm in the "buy from the local big box store" camp. I'm sure there are many who have had no problems with online orders but I'm not one who is comfortable making a purchase of this type online. And, for $50, BB will deliver it, carry it to wherever you want it placed, unpackage it, install it on the pedestal and place it on your stand.
Oh, before I forget, IMHO, you made the right choice by NOT locating the set over the fireplace for so many reasons - not the least of which would be the crook in the neck you'd get from watching a set mounted that high.
post #9500 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansemerick View Post

check out this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=416358


my apologies for not searching properly, good thread. I added a post with some links that I gathered.
post #9501 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDNLUVINIT View Post

Regarding the AV table: I'd say you are off to a good start by looking at products from Bell'O and Salamander. Both offer some good looking (and functional) choices. What is the decor of the room the set will be in?

Hardwood floors in a red oak type color, big wall with fireplace that is all oak paneled, dark brown (espresso) leather furniture. Really need to take some pics of the room I guess and post huh?

the w.i.f.e. wants a "real" piece of furniture for the room, no Bush prefab crap (although I like my old bush desk) and she prefers wood as opposed to metal/glass contemporary looks.

I got a TON of links from that other thread. Off to surf.
post #9502 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by citman View Post

Hardwood floors in a red oak type color, big wall with fireplace that is all oak paneled, dark brown (espresso) leather furniture. Really need to take some pics of the room I guess and post huh?

the w.i.f.e. wants a "real" piece of furniture for the room, no Bush prefab crap (although I like my old bush desk) and she prefers wood as opposed to metal/glass contemporary looks.

I got a TON of links from that other thread. Off to surf.

My wife also wanted a pice of nice furniture and we did buy one but my componets did not fit in it well and it was not very well ventilated. I like the BDI furniture it is available at Best Buy's Magnolia Stores. I got the Icon see attached photo, I also have the 58PZ750. I needed a space for my very large center channel speaker and this worked great.

www.bdiusa.com
LL
post #9503 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

Good to hear, do you use an ati Card to? Basically was researching this thread and it seemed some people had trouble with 1:1 mapping with ati cards at 1920X1080.

Also you say you connect it into hdmi 2, is it because its like my samsung where the hdmi input from a pc only works on one of the inputs. IN the case with my samsung HDMI to DVI from my ati into the display needs to be on hdmi input 1, hdmi input 2 wont accept pc signals.


I have no idea which model video card is in it - it's a Dell OEM card, about 4 years old, pretty generic. Has an Nvidia chipset though.

I use HDMI 2 simply because HDMI 1 is already in use with my AVR, which switches all the other HDMI devices, and I assume HDMI 1 would work fine as well.
post #9504 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

Got mine in the mail today....actually thought it would take longer.

Well, did you send in your paperwork last week, last month - a year ago? Adding some perspective would help the "thought it would take longer" part quite a bit.

I sent mine in about 3 weeks ago, still waiting but I assumed it would take at least a month to process.

Got my 5 free Blu-ray movies yesterday, exactly two months after I sent in the PS3 paperwork.
post #9505 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasgar View Post

I have owned my 50pz700u for about 4 months now and I love it. I use it almost exclusively for gaming on my PS3 and Xbox360

Really? Go buy, rent or borrow a well-mastered (check highdefdigest.com for reviews) Blu-ray movie and pop it into your PS3; you're skipping a lot of what this TV can do.

That being said, Burnout Paradise vis PS3 is a hell of a lot of fun on my 58/750U.
post #9506 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInPT View Post

Well, did you send in your paperwork last week, last month - a year ago? Adding some perspective would help the "thought it would take longer" part quite a bit.

He actually did say if you read his answer - 7 weeks.
post #9507 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

He actually did say if you read his answer - 7 weeks.

What does all of this have to do with Panasonic plasma TV?
post #9508 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

What does all of this have to do with Panasonic plasma TV?

It refers to the $200 rebate Panasonic offered when you had your new TV professionally installed/mounted.
post #9509 of 10937
Does Circuit City delivering, hooking up and and setting on the mount count?
post #9510 of 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by citman View Post

Hardwood floors in a red oak type color, big wall with fireplace that is all oak paneled, dark brown (espresso) leather furniture. Really need to take some pics of the room I guess and post huh?

the w.i.f.e. wants a "real" piece of furniture for the room, no Bush prefab crap (although I like my old bush desk) and she prefers wood as opposed to metal/glass contemporary looks.

I got a TON of links from that other thread. Off to surf.

I bought a nice piece that may compliment your room. It's Riverside Harmony 60" oak credenza

http://www.riverside-furniture.com/s...00583066300033
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS
or Connect
syntax error at end of input

There Seems to be a Problem

We're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us, using our feedback system. Thanks!

AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic 42pz700, 50pz700u, 50pz750u, 58pz700u and 58pz750u Owners Thread!