Originally Posted by jcyp79
I just called Amazon to check this out. The rep told me that you can't return the item for a refund if the UPC has been removed, but you can return it for an exchange if it is defective after removing the UPC. Any idea where on their website it says this? My 30 days ends after the deadline for the nflshop form submission. I'd have to give up about 2 weeks of my exchange period, that doesn't seem right?
The Lowdown on Online Rebates
At Amazon.com, we use rebates to provide you with the best possible price when purchasing a new item. If you purchased an item with an Amazon.com-sponsored online rebate, go to www.rebateshq.com/amazon-rebates
and follow the simple steps to redeem your rebate. In order to qualify for a rebate, you may be asked to provide information from your Amazon.com sales receipt, the item's UPC code, and, in the case of cell phones, information from your first month's service plan invoice as proof of service activation.
Here is what you need to know about online rebate redemption:
1. To apply for your rebate online, you will need your Amazon.com Packing Slip. All rebates have two deadlines associated with them that are clearly indicated on the Amazon.com detail page: a purchase deadline and a postmark deadline. To qualify for the rebate, you must complete your order on Amazon.com before the purchase deadline. If you don't receive your item until after the purchase deadline, you will still qualify for the rebate as long as you placed your order before the deadline. Then, once you receive your item, you must go to www.rebateshq.com/amazon-rebates
and complete the online rebate form before the postmark deadline. If you don't receive your item until after the postmark deadline, please contact Amazon.com's Help department. The item cannot be returned once the rebate fulfillment form has been submitted.
2. To apply for your rebate, simply go to www.rebateshq.com/amazon-rebates
and complete the online rebate form. Here you will enter transaction information from your Amazon.com Packing Slip. After completing the online rebate form, you can return to www.rebateshq.com/amazon-rebates
in 24 hours to check your rebate status.
3. Rebate qualifications may vary by promotion, so please carefully read the rebate qualification information on Amazon.com. For example, in the case of cell phone purchases some rebates are only available for certain rate plans.
4. In addition to rebates, you will sometimes find other offers at Amazon.com from our partners, such as service plan credits, when you purchase a new phone with a new service agreement. Unless otherwise instructed, these offers do not require you to print or mail in any forms to qualify.
5. In all cases, rebates will be a transaction between you and the company initiating the rebate. It is up to you to claim the rebate.
6. We carefully check the validity of all rebates listed on the site and, for your convenience, display both the price you'll pay for the item and your final net price after you claim your rebate. If you believe some of our rebate information is inaccurate, please contact us with as many details as possible so that we may correct the error. We can offer compensation for a discrepancy only if the rebate comes from Amazon.com.
7. If you have any questions not covered here, please visit Amazon.com's Help department.