or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Outlaw Owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Outlaw Owners thread - Page 65

post #1921 of 7087
I've got two of the Outlaw LFM-1 EX's from the promotional sale that I'm now selling. Brand new, sitting unused since mid February, purchased beginning of February, with all packing materials. I'll let them go for $500 each, plus shipping. The warranties fully transfer too.

Ok, beyond that, I'd consider waiting for a good sale if you're not in a hurry. They're great subs and play plenty deep just like the other brands. However, even at $649, they're a good deal - much better than you'll find at a local retailer.
post #1922 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey r View Post

Unfortunately, I paid $699 shipped, but it is still worth it. At $649, it is worth it. At $599 or less, it is a steal. That $519 shipped price was almost too good to be true on the EX, but glad lots of people were able to take advantage of it. Bottom line, if you are antsy and want to jump in, then I say just do it now. You'll get way more joy out of having the sub in your hands soon, as opposed to waiting indefinitely to save $100 or so.

Thank you Jeffrey, for your comment. When and why did you paid $699 for it?
post #1923 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder1995 View Post

I've got two of the Outlaw LFM-1 EX's from the promotional sale that I'm now selling. Brand new, sitting unused since mid February, purchased beginning of February, with all packing materials. I'll let them go for $500 each, plus shipping. The warranties fully transfer too.

Ok, beyond that, I'd consider waiting for a good sale if you're not in a hurry. They're great subs and play plenty deep just like the other brands. However, even at $649, they're a good deal - much better than you'll find at a local retailer.

I pm you.
post #1924 of 7087
received my second EX today - that free ground shipping was insanely fast.

can't wait to go hook it up next to its twin brother tonight. now i'll really be able to test which "mode" i like better - i forget the two names but one of them is suggested fro use with the muffle insert and the other is not.
post #1925 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post

received my second EX today - that free ground shipping was insanely fast.

can't wait to go hook it up next to its twin brother tonight. now i'll really be able to test which "mode" i like better - i forget the two names but one of them is suggested fro use with the muffle insert and the other is not.


Is that from the Feb sale?
post #1926 of 7087
yep from the feb. sale. price was so good i had to get two.
post #1927 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldFagen View Post

Kenny, I strongly suggest you try what that last poster suggested. I have a feeling he knows a thing or two about subwoofers!

Thanks guys for the suggestion. I'll try over the weekend and let you all know the result.
post #1928 of 7087
From the Outlaw site:

"The most recent shipment of LFM-1 EX subwoofers that is expected to arrive later this week (4/1/09) will not fulfill all of our backorders. A second production run will arrive in approximately two weeks."
post #1929 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurax View Post

From the Outlaw site:

"The most recent shipment of LFM-1 EX subwoofers that is expected to arrive later this week (4/1/09) will not fulfill all of our backorders. A second production run will arrive in approximately two weeks."

Some of us will be happy, some of us will be sad. Now we wait to see what group we're in.
post #1930 of 7087
It looks like the plus is not on back order anymore, I'd sure like to see the email shipping confirmation sometime today or tomorrow.
post #1931 of 7087
Thank you for choosing Outlaw Audio for your A/V needs! We appreciate your business.

Your tracking number(s) appear on the attached invoice receipt under each corresponding product. You may wish to print this document for your records.

Please be aware that it may take up to 24 hours for tracking information to become available on-line after being picked up by the shipping carrier. Shipments over $100 will be sent with “Signature Confirmation” to ensure the safest possible delivery.

It is necessary to retain your original box and packing for all future shipment/transportation needs.

The Outlaw Saloon

Thank you Outlaw!


Edit: Looks like they ship from Carson Ca, which is a one day delivery. It's on the Fed Ex truck and I'm taking the day off to play with my new toy today.
post #1932 of 7087
Well I finally got my LFM-PLUS yesterday and was wondering if anyone had any setup recommendations. I'm a real newb at this stuff. I have a Denon 1909 that I ran audyssey a few months ago using my old 8" sub. So I know I need to re-run audyssey with my new Outlaw sub. I'm just trying to decide on a permanent location before I do so. I asume I need to bypass the crossover in the sub and let my Denon to that part? And on the volume, is this set by preference? Where should I set the volume when running audyssey? Any other recommendations are appreaciated.
post #1933 of 7087
Anyone??
post #1934 of 7087
Trying to decide if I want to send my LFM plus back, Is the EX that much better? Anyone ever had them both? I have till next friday to send it back.
post #1935 of 7087
Just got through setting up my plus, both ports open set it to 120Hz left the auto switch set to on, let my 03 set the crossover. MCACC complained the sw was to loud I had to crank it down to 9:00 then MCACC would finish. Put in Horton Hears a Who and all I can say is Holy Shnikies! Even with the thing toned down the lows are amazing can't complain for 439.00 buckaroos...

I can't crank her up tonight have to wait till tomorrow but so far compared to where I'm coming from it's a huge leap no doubt about that! As Penny would say (Bolt) "Thats a Keeper!" Will test Pulse, Bolt and all the good stuff tomorrow peace out!

Regards, Gary
post #1936 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey982 View Post

Well I finally got my LFM-PLUS yesterday and was wondering if anyone had any setup recommendations. I'm a real newb at this stuff. I have a Denon 1909 that I ran audyssey a few months ago using my old 8" sub. So I know I need to re-run audyssey with my new Outlaw sub. I'm just trying to decide on a permanent location before I do so. I asume I need to bypass the crossover in the sub and let my Denon to that part? And on the volume, is this set by preference? Where should I set the volume when running audyssey? Any other recommendations are appreaciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey982 View Post

Anyone??

Smokey, this thread is a good read for setting up your sub with Audyssey:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post14456895
post #1937 of 7087
Anyone getting EX shipment confirmations yet?
post #1938 of 7087
My LFM-1 Plus arrived...need to dial it in but I am as impressed as I was years ago with my LFM-1...very nice...the sounds seems fuller than it did with my Klipsch Sub-12 (which I had no real complaints with...just missed my LFM-1)...
Bill
post #1939 of 7087
Ok I got to play pulse at 0dB I set the gain at 10:00 switched over the O3 to Select 2 THX sat back in my Lazy Boy and proceeded to play the movie. Feeling the subsonic on the back of my chair going right through it felt like I had a driver mounted in the back of the chair the LFM is facing me. I never felt anything like this before, I mean compared to my system I installed in my 64 GTO few years back running dual 12" Earthquakes ported box. Laying on the trunk lid felt pretty awesome back then, but there is no comparison to my house system.

I'm running two Polk Monitor 60's towers along with the Monitor 30 bookshelf's in 7.1. Speaker placement is configured to the THX spec, angles and distance from the walls are all measured for complete accuracy. Heck MCACC even sees it this way when you see the LCR frequency's and distance measurements come out even it's well worth the extra effort. Aligning the speakers to me is important because I sit exactly in the rear/middle of my room.

Another thing is I'm glad I didn't get the EX because that would have been way to big. The Plus sits comfy next to my TV stand, one thing I can tell you is I had no idea I would feel the subsonic's coming from the back of my chair going right through you that was a pretty amazing experience for me. And I'm not in Ext mode either both ports are open and I think I'll leave it this way till I break in the driver.

Anyway I just want to say I'm more than happy with this purchase and no regrets like I said the EX would have been way to big the Plus barely fits where it is.

Regards, Gary
post #1940 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvn12345 View Post

I have been experiencing rattling noise come from inside of my LFM-Plus. Is it because of the placement? There are walls in the back and left side (3-5 inches), and the right side is the front speaker. So, when I pull it out (without walls surrounded), the rattling seems to be less. However, when I left it at about 45 degree angle, the sound seems to go away. Does anyone experience like this, any suggestion? Or do you think it might be defected. thanks,
Kenny

I have 2 EX's and last night I thought I heard a rattling noise coming from one of my EX's...Sure enough today I checked it out and I do have a rattle in one of my subs. I have my subs volume set to 3 and they are both 1.5 feet away from any walls. I guess a call to Outlaw is in order.
post #1941 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldFagen View Post

Kenny, I strongly suggest you try what that last poster suggested. I have a feeling he knows a thing or two about subwoofers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwv651 View Post

I have 2 EX's and last night I thought I heard a rattling noise coming from one of my EX's...Sure enough today I checked it out and I do have a rattle in one of my subs. I have my subs volume set to 3 and they are both 1.5 feet away from any walls. I guess a call to Outlaw is in order.

I opened the back of the sub and look inside. There is nothing loose. However, when I hold one of the port pipe and give it a little move, I can hear a little cracking sound. At first, I cannot hear anything because my kids were around. I then let my kids into there room so I can have a very quiet environment, the cracking sound is noticeable. I also notice the rattles come from the same location. I think I'll give Outlaw a call too.
post #1942 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvn12345 View Post

I opened the back of the sub and look inside. There is nothing loose. However, when I hold one of the port pipe and give it a little move, I can hear a little cracking sound. At first, I cannot hear anything because my kids were around. I then let my kids into there room so I can have a very quiet environment, the cracking sound is noticeable. I also notice the rattles come from the same location. I think I'll give Outlaw a call too.

I took mine apart and found everything in tact...it seems to be the driver. I will be calling Scott back on Monday, hopefully they can ship me a new one asap.
post #1943 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwv651 View Post

I took mine apart and found everything in tact...it seems to be the driver. I will be calling Scott back on Monday, hopefully they can ship me a new one asap.

Outlaw customer service is definitely top notch. If they can help you, I'm sure they will.
post #1944 of 7087
I'm sure Outlaw will take care of it for you, it sucks to have to break out your tools and start taking things apart on something new. Anyway yesterday I decided to crank the gain all the way while I was playing FM radio at around -20dB. I guess it was just to much the amp cut out on the plus at full volume a slight counter turn brings it back to life. I'm settled in at just below 10:00 and listing to radio jazz it handles music excellent not boomy at all.....
post #1945 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

Anyway yesterday I decided to crank the gain all the way while I was playing FM radio at around -20dB.

I'm thinking that would have been quite loud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

I guess it was just to much the amp cut out on the plus at full volume a slight counter turn brings it back to life.

The amp cutting out may have saved you some money on replacement windows.
post #1946 of 7087
so after receiving my second EX last week i've been doing a lot of bluray and music listening. adding the second EX *drastically* changes the whole game as far as my setup is concerned. I have a 7.1 setup using an Onkyo 805 (and a third subwoofer in the back of my theater room - an older atlantic technology thx ultra 2 sub). the bass is now effectively chest-thumping and intense WITHOUT ever seeming like it's too pumped up in the mix or too "boomy". the addition of these two subs has completely changed the HT experience in my home theater setup. all i can say is WOW. at first i thought i had made a mistake ordering a second EX at the end of the sale after hearing how much bass was produced in the room by just having one, but adding the second one seems to have smoothed out the uniformity and made the real low-end intense bass portions of some movies really become an entirely different experience.
post #1947 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwv651 View Post

I have 2 EX's and last night I thought I heard a rattling noise coming from one of my EX's...Sure enough today I checked it out and I do have a rattle in one of my subs. I have my subs volume set to 3 and they are both 1.5 feet away from any walls. I guess a call to Outlaw is in order.

Yikes! Is there a particular frequency (or source) that revealed the rattle, or does it occur whenever the sub is used period? Reading the last few posts has suddenly made me a bit paranoid.
post #1948 of 7087
Just a update on the rattle situation...it was the driver...Scott from Outlaw is sending a new replacement, should have it in 3 days. +1 for customer service.
post #1949 of 7087
Any information on when the EX's will be shipping?
post #1950 of 7087
I'm slowly shopping for a new subwoofer to replace my decade plus old JBL TLX 100 watt subwoofer i bought at Future Shop when it was around where i live at. I look at the HSU subs but were a bit too much then i found the Outlaw Audio subs LFM1 plus is what i found would work perfectly for me at 545 though the site says not in stock from what i last checked. I hate my sub right now since it hardly works well anymore. i'm getting a SC-05 friday and next is the sub to be replaced. Is the LFM 1 plus a rockin' sub?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Outlaw Owners thread