or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Outlaw Owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Outlaw Owners thread - Page 2

post #31 of 7087
Yeah, that is a good deal, if I had the cash I would by another one.
post #32 of 7087
Contacted the seller, he said hes got a container full of em, thats why hes selling them cheap.
post #33 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by types4 View Post

Contacted the seller, he said hes got a container full of em, thats why hes selling them cheap.

Why/how does he have a container full of them to sell cheap? Just curious.
post #34 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey r View Post

Why/how does he have a container full of them to sell cheap? Just curious.

I wonder if those subs "fell off the truck".

I mentioned I had a nasty vibration problem w/ the Outlaw LFM-1 Plus sub in the way its disc feet was vibrating w/ the ceramic tile floor, and how the sub tended to walk on its own during heavy bass. Yesterday, I stuck rubber pieces (that are double-sided taped on the top side) to the foam part of the feet. However, I was having a hard time balancing the sub on those smaller square rubber pads. (It did fix the vibration and walking issue.) So today, I took a car floor mat and put them directly under the sub's carpet spikes (w/o the discs). I assume the floor mats are protecting the tiles. I'll find out the next time I get a helping hand who can lift the sub so that I can evaluate how the floor mat and floor look w/ that heavy sub on spikes resting on it.

This sub's feet was very poorly designed for those with a hard floor surface. It's made for carpeted floors.
post #35 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by types4 View Post

Hey guys, just wanted to know if this is a good deal. ebay item# 290141198355 its a LFM1 for $300 new.


Did you get it? Thats a pretty good deal. Its a good sub, and the warranty id transferrable.
post #36 of 7087
I just ordered one and was told that he has a quite abit more and trying to test the subs before they go out. If you contact the seller he will post one on the page just for you. Make sure that when they notify you that you buy immediately because they go fast.
Good luck everyone.

The used ones go for 200.00 plus shipping.
post #37 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripg0810 View Post

I just ordered one and was told that he has a quite abit more and trying to test the subs before they go out. If you contact the seller he will post one on the page just for you. Make sure that when they notify you that you buy immediately because they go fast.
Good luck everyone.

The used ones go for 200.00 plus shipping.

I left 2 messages over the last 3 days with no response. Busted? lol
post #38 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repiv View Post

I left 2 messages over the last 3 days with no response. Busted? lol


I just received ups tracking and it will be here on wednesday, I'll give you an update.
post #39 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripg0810 View Post

I just received ups tracking and it will be here on wednesday, I'll give you an update.


Thats a good sign..
How do you contact? through e-bay correct?
post #40 of 7087
Yeah, they are a llittle slow about emailing you back but they will get to you. I'll contact them to see if I can release a phone # in your pm. They have sold quite a few locally and are getting quite a few emails.
post #41 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripg0810 View Post

Yeah, they are a llittle slow about emailing you back but they will get to you. I'll contact them to see if I can release a phone # in your pm. They have sold quite a few locally and are getting quite a few emails.

Cool...Thanks.
post #42 of 7087
The seller is going to post the subs on ebay under seller turboed45. He told me he has about 10-15 to sell. Good luck.
post #43 of 7087
I just received my sub in fantastic condition and performance is great too. Looks like new. There is one on ebay right now. Good luck.
post #44 of 7087
I got 2 LFM-1's on the way.
Ripg, how does yours sound?
post #45 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repiv View Post

I got 2 LFM-1's on the way.
Ripg, how does yours sound?


It sounds awesome. Watched 300 today with some teenagers and they were very scared when the bass kicked in. They thought we were going through a earthquake. Like you I have two and these, when placed correctly is one of the better home theater experiences I've had in a while. For music I only use one but movies I let them both tear my room apart. These things shake every wall in my house and sound good doing so. I went to BB today to buy more movies, went to the magnolia room and was recommended to some DefTech sub. The only sub that I heard that I was impressed with was a Velo 15(don't know the model) but it sold for 1000.00. "I'll take the dual Outlaw LFM-1 for 500.00 Alex." I know you'll be very happy. Good luck and welcome to the Outlaw Familia.
post #46 of 7087
I got an e-mail from Outlaw last week (as I'm sure some of you did as well) where they mentioned the new LFM-1 Compact sub that will sell. It's got a 10" woofer, 225 W amp, and sells for $400. That still seems a little expensive, but is still a considerable savings from the $550 LFM-1 Plus.

On the high end, the $650 LFM-1 EX sub seems pricey. It goes 2 Hz deeper (i.e. to 16 Hz) than LFM-1 Plus due to the bigger cabinet, but costs $100 more and has the same 350 W amp.
post #47 of 7087
My neighbor just had his delivered last week (LFM-EX). He has a party that I missed on Saturday night but when I got home at 10:00 PM the party was full on. He runs his HT in his living room and it points away from my house. I usually can't hear much bass (he already had 2 12" subs). But I'll tell you what; I could hear that Outlaw rattling my house. There was a point that I could tell he was showing it off and he jacked it up and I heard it quite well. Out houses are a good 15' apart and very well insulated (2 years old). It takes a lot to punch sound through it.

I'm gonna have to go buy me 2 of them now to pay him back
post #48 of 7087
Just picked up my own LFM-1-EX... it is sweet!
post #49 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanion View Post

Just picked up my own LFM-1-EX... it is sweet!

Cool, have you played a variety of material on it? How would does it sound now that you've broken it in a little?
post #50 of 7087
I think the title I have enjoyed my LFM-1 EX the most with thus far is The Descent... not a ton of bass, but when one of the climbers fell into a pool of water I could really feel it. Maybe it is because it is breaking in, or maybe it is the first decent movie I have watched all the way through since setting it up!

I will post more impressions after I calibrate it properly. For now I just put in in the corner (the only place it could go) and set the volume by ear. I have calibration hardware enroute so that should help out a lot.
post #51 of 7087
Sounds good, lanion. I haven't seen "The Descent" yet. How's the sub for musical applications? On paper, it looks like a very good sub. I just wish Outlaw gave it a better amp (say 400 W RMS) to justify the big price diff. bet. the LFM-1 EX and LFM-1 Plus.
post #52 of 7087
Just got my dual LFM-1+s up and running (left them in extended mode), will calibrate the system this weekend. Love the black plexiglass on top, gives it a nice look.
post #53 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post

Just got my dual LFM-1+s up and running (left them in extended mode), will calibrate the system this weekend. Love the black plexiglass on top, gives it a nice look.

Wow, 2 subs, I'm sure that will fill up your room nicely w/ bass. How much cubic feet coverage is there? I still have the piece of paper on top of the glossy black top of the sub. I'll remove it once I move the sub to its final location next to the TV. But I can't do that until I replace the small CRT TV w/ a large DLP TV.

BTW, I think I solved the buzzing/vibration issue of my LFM-1+ and tile floor. I put the sub on top of a carpet floor mat from my car (I have a rubber mat for the car, so the OEM carpet mat was not necessary). Then I put the Outlaw spike/disc combo. feet on top of the floor mat. No more sliding around by the sub and no more vibration, unless the sub is pushed really hard. At which point, it's other stuff in my house doing the vibrating, such as windows, dishes, fireplace screen, etc.
post #54 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post

Wow, 2 subs, I'm sure that will fill up your room nicely w/ bass. How much cubic feet coverage is there?

Correct me if I'm wrong but since these are basically the same as HSU VFT 3.2 subs, I think they were good for rooms up to 4500 cubic feet so I guess I'm good for 9k. Not that it matters since my main area is only 3k cubic feet although I have other rooms which are also connected which would inflate that to around 5k-6k or so. Since I had duals before, it's hard to go back to just one hence why I got two again (plus it helps aesthetics).
post #55 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but since these are basically the same as HSU VFT 3.2 subs, I think they were good for rooms up to 4500 cubic feet so I guess I'm good for 9k. Not that it matters since my main area is only 3k cubic feet although I have other rooms which are also connected which would inflate that to around 5k-6k or so. Since I had duals before, it's hard to go back to just one hence why I got two again (plus it helps aesthetics).

I actually meant how much volume of space your room had (3k cu. ft.). The 2 Outlaw subs must be plenty good.
post #56 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post

I actually meant how much volume of space your room had (3k cu. ft.). The 2 Outlaw subs must be plenty good.

I'm just glad my wife loves bass! One is actually plenty for my room even though it bleeds off into others, still hits with lots of authority but two makes it that much better.
post #57 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post

I'm just glad my wife loves bass! One is actually plenty for my room even though it bleeds off into others, still hits with lots of authority but two makes it that much better.

Sweet! And a wife who loves bass is a keeper!!
post #58 of 7087
I finally pulled the trigger on a 1 Outlaw LFM-1 EX. My plan is to buy another in a few months. Do you guys think I should stack the 2 or place them in different locations in my HT?

This bad boy will go nice with my 7 Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks
post #59 of 7087
Quote:
Originally Posted by tleavit View Post

I finally pulled the trigger on a 1 Outlaw LFM-1 EX. My plan is to buy another in a few months. Do you guys think I should stack the 2 or place them in different locations in my HT?

This bad boy will go nice with my 7 Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks

What are you wanting out of the two of them, the extra 4-6db of output or a bigger sweet spot (less localization) or both?

Personally I like placing them in different spots for a broader sweet spot which makes the bass hard to locate, more enveloping but still gives you extra output. Just play around with it and find out what you like best once you get the second one.
post #60 of 7087
I agree w/ reverse - I'd strongly recommend separating the 2 subs rather than collocate them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Outlaw Owners thread