Here are some more random observations on my AVP A1HD:
1) Fixed my router problem
and changed the AVP A1HD network connection to ethernet lan. Seems fractionally faster than the wlan connection.
2) I am using TwonkyMedia UPnP MediaServer (30 day free trial) to access media on my Maxtor NAS. This is pretty good as it allows the AVP A1HD to access the media on the NAS with the computer switched off (my NAS is on all the time). I was not able to do that with WMP11 (the computer needed to be on for the AVP A1HD to access the media on the NAS). I think I will buy a TwonkyMedia licence when my free trial is up using the Denon discount voucher included with the AVP A1HD.
3) Internet radio and music streaming starts up quickly and works well. Photo and video streaming sucks
- takes a very long time! Not sure what the problem is- whether I am doing something wrong or the problem is inherent in the technology.
4) HDMI video signals cannot be switched to other sources e.g. I cannot watch a hdmi video signal from my cable tuner when listening to Internet radio!
5) I changed from RCA out to XLR Out. I had to recalibrate the audyssey settings as the sound using the previous RCA out audyssey settings was terrible. After recalibration using the XLR Out, the audyssey settings once again produce great 5.1 sound. I do not know whether I am imagining things, but I get the sense that the sound using the XLR Out is more "neutral" than the sound using the RCA Out.
6) The remote is very counter intuitive and a big disappointment. It also appears a bit "sticky" i.e. sometimes I have to press a remote key more than once for the AVP A1HD to respond. I wonder what the problem is?