or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Denon Preamp model AVP-A1HDCI Pictures & Info-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon Preamp model AVP-A1HDCI Pictures & Info- - Page 39

post #1141 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Maniac View Post


this week I sold my Lex and ordered the Denon..


I sold my MC12B for the Krell S1000, which in turn is getting traded in for the big Denon AVP.
post #1142 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I sold my MC12B for the Krell S1000, which in turn is getting traded in for the big Denon AVP.

That's wild!
post #1143 of 1467
I had an Anthem D1 which I sold and got the S1000. I thought the S1000 was terrible and sent it back and have been using a 3808 as a stop-gap until the AVP A1HD comes in. Bring it on!!!
post #1144 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by nethomas View Post

Bring it on!!!

Amen brotha.
post #1145 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonFo View Post

I have one IB woofer (center front) , but will be adding a center rear sub (Velodyne ULD-18 I happen to have 'lying around') to do exactly the same as you propose.

Looking at page 29 of the owners manual, it looks like configs options do NOT include a front set vs rear set of crossovers. The closest you could get is the 2SP MIX, which give two (I'm guessing equal) outputs to feed the subs. But that's a global sum of the woofer info.
The other way is using free assignment of pre-outs, to assign SW1 to both SW1 and SW2 pre-outs.
What this does not get you, is delay management between two widely spaced subs. Matter of fact, even for L/R/LFE modes, I didn't see how to set delays (distance) for each sub out from looking at the manual.

To correctly handle a sub in front, sub in rear, I would think delay and phase controls per sub would be required to correctly align.

It's these types of gaps even super-configurable units like this AVP that made me go a full roll-your-own bass management and active crossover route years ago. I'm still hoping this Denon can help me simplify the system, but challenges like this are not looking good.

Thanks for your thoughts JonFo
I have individual 360 phase functions on each sub amp
Pity if the rear explosion idea cannot be configured
post #1146 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Maniac View Post

...I really doubt you would be able to hear a difference and I wouldn't let XLR be a deal breaker at 3 feet...

Correct most of the time except when the amplifier is also a balanced configuration like the Classe CA-M400 or the Denon POA-A1HD (in bridged mode) - then the XLR connectors are much more important.
post #1147 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Just curious, who here is going to use a different amp than the Denon POA with their AVP? And will it be connected via XLR?

My Lexicon LX-7 will be connected using XLR.
post #1148 of 1467
I'm driving an Anthem P5 and A5 with my Denon A1HDCI...if it ever gets here
post #1149 of 1467
DenonJeff just posted that they are now shipping!!

Quote:


Folks,

Just wanted to alert all of you that the AVP and POA-A1HDCIs are shipping to dealers today!!

This means that we should be receiving ours this coming week sometime!!!

Very cool news!! Just wanted to share.



Seth
post #1150 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

DenonJeff just posted that they are now shipping!!

Folks,

Just wanted to alert all of you that the AVP and POA-A1HDCIs are shipping to dealers today!!

This means that we should be receiving ours this coming week sometime!!!

Very cool news!! Just wanted to share.



Seth

Just gott a mail from my dealer my unite is confirmed and astimated to arrive march 7th

PerS
post #1151 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by pers1 View Post

Just gott a mail from my dealer my unite is confirmed and astimated to arrive march 7th

PerS

Very cool!!
post #1152 of 1467
I ordered one as well and it has been confirmed delivery next week! BTW, answering my own question - the AVP does NOT offer any rack ears. But you can buy a rackshelf for it from Milddle Atlantic - they already make the custom faceplate for it - not cheap though.

Also, I have a Rhapsody online account, and, per the owners manual, the AVP interfaces with it...how cool!!!
post #1153 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by pers1 View Post

Just gott a mail from my dealer my unite is confirmed and astimated to arrive march 7th

PerS

Very cool. Congrats. I would be head to toe green with envy, but I understand my SC09-TX is coming in with a couple weeks of that
post #1154 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

DenonJeff just posted that they are now shipping!!


Very cool news!! Just wanted to share.



Seth

As Monty Burns says, "excellent."
post #1155 of 1467
Just talked to my dealer, and sadly I'm not in the 1st allocation of AVPs. Sigh.
post #1156 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Just talked to my dealer, and sadly I'm not in the 1st allocation of AVPs. Sigh.

Bummer! So when is yours expected to arrive? Maybe mid March? I'm hoping I will get mine next week, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
post #1157 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Bummer! So when is yours expected to arrive? Maybe mid March? I'm hoping I will get mine next week, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Realistically I probably won't get mine until the end of March or even early April. It would be way cool if you received yours next week. I look forward to reading your experiences with the AVP. And how it rocks the Logans!
post #1158 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Realistically I probably won't get mine until the end of March or even early April. It would be way cool if you received yours next week. I look forward to reading your experiences with the AVP. And how it rocks the Logans!

Yes, if I do get mine this coming week, I will definitely let you know what I think of its sound through my Logans.

Curious, why the longer wait for yours?


Seth
post #1159 of 1467
I just unloaded a bit of unhappy feelings about not giving me an exact ETA of my AVP / POA gear. With now adding a RS2 projector with 120" screen and all the other insanity I've invested I told my dealer that I want to know exactly when these two pieces will be ready to ship TO ME.

He will be calling and getting this information Monday, seeing as how today is the last day in Feb and they were due out in Feb there is either a delay or they are shipping to dealers. I will update everyone on Monday after I hear from him.

Seth I saw that post you made about what DenonJeff said, which is very good news. So Monday I expect to have this confirmed and another call next week sometime that they are sitting there waiting for the screen, PJ and speakers. All being shipped from CA to FL on private truck.
post #1160 of 1467
Pentium7, you will love your RS2. I have one projecting onto a Dalite 110" high Power screen and it is phenominal. Better picture than my Panny 65" plasma.
post #1161 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentium7 View Post

Seth I saw that post you made about what DenonJeff said, which is very good news. So Monday I expect to have this confirmed and another call next week sometime that they are sitting there waiting for the screen, PJ and speakers. All being shipped from CA to FL on private truck.

Yeah I think we're all more than a little anxious to get our AVP's. Please share what you find out from your dealer if you are getting your AVP this coming week. I am also going to call my dealer on Monday to find out if my AVP will be one of the first ones.


Seth
post #1162 of 1467
My dealer says he will get them March 6th.
post #1163 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by nethomas View Post

My dealer says he will get them March 6th.

Hope that holds true for mine as well.
post #1164 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Yes, if I do get mine this coming week, I will definitely let you know what I think of its sound through my Logans.

Curious, why the longer wait for yours?


Seth

Long story short, I'm leaving on vacation. When I get back I have about 2 days before he leaves on vacation. So, if the planets align just right, and he happens to have my AVP in stock, then I will snag it. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it's not gonna happen until later in the month.
post #1165 of 1467
Ok, I'm going to start something here. I've been reading all about the pro/amp combo and have been working with my dealer on the possible purchase of both pieces. I went to pull the trigger yesterday and was told the reason for the holdup on release to dealers is because Denon(we believe) is requiring ALL purchasers (ie:us) to be THX Ultra2 certified and go through their certification program. We think this might be because of the WIFI capability of the processor but not sure. So, this means that we have to buy these units thru a cert. installer, not directly from the dealer which ads a middle man unless we are able to go through the cert. process ourselves which I'm not sure of. Still awaiting conformation on all of this. Maybe DenonJeff will chime in on this. If this info is correct it's not good!
post #1166 of 1467
Sounds like someone is handing out a big line of BS to me.
There should be no reason for needing to be a "THX Ultra2 certified installer" to buy one, not for the dealers or the end user.
post #1167 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectricman View Post

Ok, I'm going to start something here. I've been reading all about the pro/amp combo and have been working with my dealer on the possible purchase of both pieces. I went to pull the trigger yesterday and was told the reason for the holdup on release to dealers is because Denon(we believe) is requiring ALL purchasers (ie:us) to be THX Ultra2 certified and go through their certification program. We think this might be because of the WIFI capability of the processor but not sure. So, this means that we have to buy these units thru a cert. installer, not directly from the dealer which ads a middle man unless we are able to go through the cert. process ourselves which I'm not sure of. Still awaiting conformation on all of this. Maybe DenonJeff will chime in on this. If this info is correct it's not good!

That definetly does not sound right.Correct if im wrong but don't they pay for the thx license which then they can use the THX dsp and have all the units stamped? I know you you don't have to buy them from a THX cert. dealer as the store im getting it from as reputable as they are there not thx certified!
post #1168 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

That definetly does not sound right.Correct if im wrong but don't they pay for the thx license which then they can use the THX dsp and have all the units stamped? I know you you don't have to buy them from a THX cert. dealer as the store im getting it from as reputable as they are there not thx certified!

Franin, do you have any idea when you will be getting your AVP? I hope that I will be getting mine within the next week or so.
post #1169 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB View Post

Franin, do you have any idea when you will be getting your AVP? I hope that I will be getting mine within the next week or so.

April hope I get a suprise call earlier!
post #1170 of 1467
I still cant believe me you and seth don't have one yet, especially you two!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Denon Preamp model AVP-A1HDCI Pictures & Info-