Originally Posted by Tex-amp
Craig- Are Dave and Mike going to sign off on that?
Mike is quite comfortable with these situations. I don't want a lot of fuss or angst about this, and am pretty sure no on else does, either. As you named the Sierras, why not make you the "point man" on this ?
Check with David, and if he is ok with the idea, please let us know. If he isn't, drop me a PM, and it won't be mentioned again.
The Basic set up is this:
1. Speakers will be set up in an ABAB fashion
2. They will be level matched using white noise, Gold Line Microphones and calibrators, M-Audio external pre-amp as a sound card, and True RTA's latest software.
3. Switching is done via remote, and is instantaneous.
4. The differences in various qualities are noted by the listeners, such as Jason. Their notes will include things like omaging, soudstage width and depth ... etc ...
5. It is not a preference test - though most people do seem to inherently pick a "winner", regardless how many times they are told not to.