Originally Posted by roaringLION
For all those with component setup's.
1. Does the PS3 up-convert DVD's to 720p or 1080i (For non-copy protected DVD's)?
2. Does the PS3 up-convert PS/PS2 games to 720p or 1080i via component?
3. Does RGB or Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr relate to component at all? (The Playstation FAQ states these options are just for HDMI)
4. Which is better (by opinion) 720p or 1080i for Blu-ray?
1. up to 1080p through HDMI, no upscaling over analog inputs.
2. PSX/PS2 games will scale up to 1080p through ANY HD input.
3. I have no idea
4. I think it would depend on the film, heavy action/fast moving flicks like Crank would benefit from being progressive, but slower films like The Queen the higher resolution would probably look better.
BTW, when I state "up to" that means 720p/1080i/1080p, hope this helps