or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › PowerDVD gives an error when I try to play my first Blu-ray title...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PowerDVD gives an error when I try to play my first Blu-ray title...

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
The error code is 80040265, it's an unspecified error and it's kinda pissing me off, I expected this would work right out of the box.

Anybody know why this is happening? I have AnyDVD disabled and it still pops up with this error.
post #2 of 12
Thread Starter 
Fixed it by re-installing PowerDVD.
post #3 of 12
Make sure you have the latest patch installed as well. Build 2911 is the best thus far.
post #4 of 12
Sorry for the noob question (I tried to google it with no luck).. Is there a BD for the PC already and if so where?
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post

Sorry for the noob question (I tried to google it with no luck).. Is there a BD for the PC already and if so where?

Sony and LiteOn sell BD burner drives, may be a few others as well. They are both pretty pricey, $500 or more. There is supposed to be a Pioneer BD-ROM drive out soon for around $300.
post #6 of 12
Thanks, I thought if there was one, that being just the drive it would be cheap like 200.. Why so expensive when you can get a PS3 for about the price?
post #7 of 12
Cos the PS3 is heavily subsidised by Sony, both to sell games and to promote Bluray.
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
What is the model name/number and brand for the HD-DVD internal drive? Kinda getting sick of my external 360.

And yes, I am hijacking my own thread
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post

What is the model name/number and brand for the HD-DVD internal drive? Kinda getting sick of my external 360.

And yes, I am hijacking my own thread

SD-H802A is the only one that is really able to be had. These are the drives that shipped out with all the HP media center PCs. I got mine new on ebay for $200. ALl the other ones like the NEC were protos, albeit working, hard to come by. I searched ebay for about 3 months before I got this guy. It was worth the wait though.
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Where did you get it?
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post

Thanks, I thought if there was one, that being just the drive it would be cheap like 200.. Why so expensive when you can get a PS3 for about the price?

Can PS3 burn blu-ray?
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
No. They can't burn anything as far as I know, just a plain reader.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › PowerDVD gives an error when I try to play my first Blu-ray title...