or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2007 Samsung HL-Txx76 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2007 Samsung HL-Txx76 Owner's Thread - Page 9

post #241 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhino View Post

I recently had my HLS-5687 replaced (due to color wheel noise) with a HL-T5676. The HLS-5687 had a far superior picture. It was amazing. I now regret exchanging it for the 5676. Sure it might have a failed color wheel$$$ in a couple of years or so, but the picture was tuned perfectly.

My HLT-5676 had numerous issues that the tech tried to sort out yesterday. 1. picture is very grainy...even at very low contrast settings. It doesn't look sharp at all. The tech slightly adjusted the 'index' setting in the service menu which didn't really help much. I guess the index setting phases the 3 colors together.
2. there's a grayish blob of about 2" diameter in the lower right corner that is only really visible with a black background. Tech tried to clean it from the inside with no success.
3. bowing from left to right at the bottom of the screen. Left is about 0.5" higher on the left. Tech didn't bother trying to fix it, since he's going to suggest that Samsung replace the unit.

On a happy note, a couple things to greatly improved the PQ.
In the service menu the gamma setting was changed from [4] OEM to [0]. I then reset the user menu contrast and brightness using the INHD channel tune-up. The PQ now looks almost 3D, though the picture is still grainy.

what source are you using which has grain?
post #242 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by OniMirage View Post

what source are you using which has grain?

HDMI.

I've tried both HDMI1 and 2
post #243 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhino View Post

HDMI.

I've tried both HDMI1 and 2

That's your connection. What exact source are you watching when you see grain?
post #244 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

That's your connection. What exact source are you watching when you see grain?

thats a better way of putting it. What you may be seeing IS a sharp image and you may have not noticed it before
post #245 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhino View Post

On a happy note, a couple things to greatly improved the PQ.
In the service menu the gamma setting was changed from [4] OEM to [0]. I then reset the user menu contrast and brightness using the INHD channel tune-up. The PQ now looks almost 3D, though the picture is still grainy.

What is an INHD Channel tune-up? Where in the service menu is the gamma setting. Isn't there a gamma setting in the User menu?

thanks
post #246 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by OniMirage View Post

thats a better way of putting it. What you may be seeing IS a sharp image and you may have not noticed it before

When viewing HD content, even on Discovery HD, the picture looks grainy. If there's an image of a blue sky, a person's face or anything, there's a slight, soft, uniform graininess to the picture. The tech played around with the index setting in the service menu and the level of graininess changes...though it didn't go away.

My PQ comparison is the HL-S5687 that I exchanged. No graininess at all using HD content.
post #247 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffdiever View Post

What is an INHD Channel tune-up? Where in the service menu is the gamma setting. Isn't there a gamma setting in the User menu?

thanks

INHD is a cable channel. Every once in a while, they run a 20 minute program with test patterns and instructions to calibrate/ tune up your HDTV.

In the service menu, within the DPxxx sub-menu ( I forget the exact name, but it's the same on the HL-S5687) there's the gamma setting. The user menu gamma doesn't do much. I wouldn't recommend going into the service menu unless you know what your getting into it.
post #248 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhino View Post

When viewing HD content, even on Discovery HD, the picture looks grainy. If there's an image of a blue sky, a person's face or anything, there's a slight, soft, uniform graininess to the picture. The tech played around with the index setting in the service menu and the level of graininess changes...though it didn't go away.

My PQ comparison is the HL-S5687 that I exchanged. No graininess at all using HD content.

you sure it's grain and not compression artifacts? try using a blu ray movie instead so you get a higher bit image. In my experience with those channels because of the detail of the images if your bandwidth isn't up to par your going to get compression artifacts which look like grain when viewed at an hd resolution.
post #249 of 1965
Well i am getting my 6176 TV on Friday ( Had a HLN that took a dive ) and I was wondering what the PQ differnce would be, and also what exactly is 3D HD?

I mean can i just go out and buy Meet the Robison's in 3D with the glasses and get the same theather quality? What is out there now in the way of 3DHD?

I am also still alittle confused as to the whole HDMI 1.3, But Im willing to to guess it really wont matter if all is tuned right.

Was this a good replacemnt model for my old 61 DLP HLN? I had a 5 year warrenty from our local store here in town, and was wondering if I could of pushed them into something better, paid 4k for the HLN.

Really upset at the moment with the whole ordeal of buying a TV that is defective, took 6 months ( and 7 tech visit's ) just to get the old model replaced. Hope I'm not going to be going down the same road.

EQRoxxx
post #250 of 1965
I have the exact one you got (hl-t6176s) and have been real happy with it. Great PQ and even the SD is pretty good. I have Dish HD and an up-converting samsung DVD player for sources. I have no bowing or any other issues what so ever, so far (knock on wood). I replaced a Hitachi 57" rear projection and really like the small design of the sammy.
post #251 of 1965
well i just recevied my replacement 5076 due to the problems i was having with the hls5087...and I have a big problem...like many of your the geometry on my set is terrible...the screen is just so incredibly flimsy on this set...i am having samsung come take a look at it...hopefully i can get this resolved..i will keep you all up to date
post #252 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev4123 View Post

well i just recevied my replacement 5076 due to the problems i was having with the hls5087...and I have a big problem...like many of your the geometry on my set is terrible...the screen is just so incredibly flimsy on this set...i am having samsung come take a look at it...hopefully i can get this resolved..i will keep you all up to date

sorry to hear that bro, I was kinda nervous when I went I picked mine up, but I guess I lucked out. Let us know how samsung does for ya
post #253 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev4123 View Post

well i just recevied my replacement 5076 due to the problems i was having with the hls5087...and I have a big problem...like many of your the geometry on my set is terrible...the screen is just so incredibly flimsy on this set...i am having samsung come take a look at it...hopefully i can get this resolved..i will keep you all up to date


Make sure you read the above posts about the geometry fix, so you can them come out there prepared.
post #254 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffdiever View Post

Make sure you read the above posts about the geometry fix, so you can them come out there prepared.

Has anyone had this extra screw geometry fix actually done? Like probably most, my bowing/smiley face is fairly minor and I could live with continuing to play with shims to help, especially since I love everything else about the set, but if there's an actual, confirmed fix I'll deal with Samsung to get it done. Is the screw placed in an existing hole or is this a technician-dependent band-aid?
post #255 of 1965
yea i have read about the screw fix...if the guy is stumped tomorrow when he comes out i will bring it up...i will let you all know what happens
post #256 of 1965
I've been waiting a week for tech to get back to me on screw fix, no call yet.I'll be interested,cuz if they dont fix it I'm working on getting a 46lcd from them
post #257 of 1965
post #258 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrc2112 View Post

Picts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9453293@N04/?saved=1

nice seating does it have a bass shaker on it as well?
post #259 of 1965
well the samsung service guy just came out to check out my bowing problem...the bowing is still evident but much better than before so i am satisfied for the most part....he fixed the bowing by adjusting the mirrors...i asked him about the screw fix and he said he hasnt heard anything but if a complete fix does come available he said he would call me....has anyone gotten the screw fix done yet?
post #260 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted the Penguin View Post

nice seating does it have a bass shaker on it as well?


LOL

My son refuses to wear his glasses so he puts a rattan chair in front of our seats.
post #261 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev4123 View Post

well the samsung service guy just came out to check out my bowing problem...the bowing is still evident but much better than before so i am satisfied for the most part....he fixed the bowing by adjusting the mirrors...i asked him about the screw fix and he said he hasnt heard anything but if a complete fix does come available he said he would call me....has anyone gotten the screw fix done yet?

I told you guys to tell the tech to call samsung tier 2 so they can let them know about. A partial fix, is no fix.
post #262 of 1965
Well, I got the HL-T6176S in yesterdy morning as the replacement. Was a Slight bow effect, 1/2 inch from center on bottom left handside. Had a tech that was able to come out the same day "SamSung" atherized. As much as he had good intentions, the TV is now alittle worse, and I now have a trapazoid efftect /__\\ .

Also i am noticing I have some bleed off from text on the screen with a black background and white text.

I can tell tho, that this TV ( once fixxed ) will look 10X better then my old HLN 61. If and when I get this one working right. I'm just glad I didn't get told "Alittle Bowing is to be expected" I would of thrown a fit. The Samsung help desk and support are very friendly, and at least acted as if they really do care, refreshing in this day and age.

EQRoxxx
post #263 of 1965
and if they dont fix it?so far been waiting 2 weeks to confirm this bowing fix,and yes have spoken to tier 2 guys ,still no confirmation.
post #264 of 1965
We received our HL-T5076S on Wednesday. All I can say is WOW! After adjusting the set to recommended start setting read in this forum we obtained an "like looking out the window" HD picture.
We do, however, have that bow problem that some are talking about & I'm not sure which would be better; replace or fix. This bow is mostly in the center-left side of the screen & isn't noticeable until TV guide or other straight line graphs are on the screen. We bought the set from BB & have 30 days to decide.
Another thing is the set appears to have red push. Got to have a tweak in the service menu for that one someplace.
post #265 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilklown View Post

and if they dont fix it?so far been waiting 2 weeks to confirm this bowing fix,and yes have spoken to tier 2 guys ,still no confirmation.

I wish all these tech guys would get on the same page. I called again to tier 2 and the guy had no clue what I'm talking about regarding the bow fix with the extra screw. I then hung up and called again, this time someone knew what I was talking about. This is ********. Spread the damn news for godsakes! I'm glad I haven't purchased it again yet. I hope someone tells us they got a tech to come out and fix the bowing. If you get a tech come out and he doesn't know, then call Tier 2 as many times as it takes to get the tech and the tier 2 tech on the phone together.
post #266 of 1965
hmm perhaps I should test the tv before I take it home usb jump drive to the rescue, just glad at least one store carries this model.
post #267 of 1965
Does anyone know where I can get a guide to the HL-Txx76S service menu or known tweaks? After pressing Mute-1-8-2 Power I do get into the service menu but I would feel more confortable knowing what's on each page. The service menu for the HL-Txx76S series is quit different than the one that's used in my old Samsung 3079 CRTs service menu.
All help is appreciated.
post #268 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by DERG View Post

Does anyone know where I can get a guide to the HL-Txx76S service menu or known tweaks? After pressing Mute-1-8-2 Power I do get into the service menu but I would feel more confortable knowing what's on each page. The service menu for the HL-Txx76S series is quit different than the one that's used in my old Samsung 3079 CRTs service menu.
All help is appreciated.

I second this request cus im going to be jumping into that menu first thing most likely.
post #269 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by EQRoxxx View Post

Well, I got the HL-T6176S in yesterdy morning as the replacement. Was a Slight bow effect, 1/2 inch from center on bottom left handside. Had a tech that was able to come out the same day "SamSung" atherized. As much as he had good intentions, the TV is now alittle worse, and I now have a trapazoid efftect /__\\ .

Also i am noticing I have some bleed off from text on the screen with a black background and white text.

I can tell tho, that this TV ( once fixxed ) will look 10X better then my old HLN 61. If and when I get this one working right. I'm just glad I didn't get told "Alittle Bowing is to be expected" I would of thrown a fit. The Samsung help desk and support are very friendly, and at least acted as if they really do care, refreshing in this day and age.

EQRoxxx

Please keep us updated.
post #270 of 1965
I have a HL-T4675. Problems with HDMI 1 and 2.
(yes I know its 75 series and not 76 series; but if I can fix it before another tech comes out and destroys another TV that would be good)


Question 1:
HDMI Black Level - Page 32

On HDMI 2 I can adjust HDMI Black Level and it works great!

On HDMI 1 The HDMI Black Level is grayed out - non adjustable. I called Samsung support and they have no answer, so they are sending a tech out.

Since the last 6 Samsung techs set to my house have destroyed the set(s), I am of course concerned!

Does anyone know how to make it work?



Question 2: (this is using a Sony HDD500 HD Recorder)
1080i input on HDMI (both ports) the video shakes and vibrates real fast on anything horizontal in the picture. Feeding it 720p the picture is smooth as silk.

Connections on the components with either 1080i or 720p are smooth as silk.

Anyone else have that problem?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2007 Samsung HL-Txx76 Owner's Thread