or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 8G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Pioneer 8G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread - Page 354

post #10591 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by p59teitel View Post

For the service menu Red Green Blue values, "+3" means increasing the factory value by 3, e.g. from a factory value of 243 to 246 by adding 3.

For the user menu controls like Brightness, Color, Contrast etc., the listed values are the actual ones the display should be set to.

Follow-up to this... How do you distinguish between inputs? For example, how do I set the white balance different for HDMI-4 than HDMI-7 ??

A_C
post #10592 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus738 View Post

hdmi : limited? is their an auto option? joke here : try to see what does a better upscale the kuro or the ps3, if you cant tell the diffrence either the scaler on the ps3 is good or you cant notice 1080p

In the PS3 display settings, the RGB limited or full setting has HDMI in parentheses so I knew what he was referring to. Yes you can set the PS3 res settings to auto and it will output the source res.
post #10593 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_C View Post

Follow-up to this... How do you distinguish between inputs? For example, how do I set the white balance different for HDMI-4 than HDMI-7 ??

A_C

If I remember correctly, you can't set them up per input, only by mode.
post #10594 of 12870
I ask the following with full appreciation of the old adage; A Little Knowledge Is Dangerous.

That being said… While looking through the service manual for the Pioneer PDP-5010FD, I notice there are 3 additional RGB settings (see enclosure). In addition to R-High, G-High, B-High, R-Low, G-Low and B-Low, there’s the following:

R-Level
G-Level
B-Level

What are these for? Aggregates of their high/low counterparts?

A_C
LL
post #10595 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_C View Post

I ask the following with full appreciation of the old adage; A Little Knowledge Is Dangerous.

That being said While looking through the service manual for the Pioneer PDP-5010FD, I notice there are 3 additional RGB settings (see enclosure). In addition to R-High, G-High, B-High, R-Low, G-Low and B-Low, there's the following:

R-Level
G-Level
B-Level

What are these for? Aggregates of their high/low counterparts?

A_C

.. maybe the service manual would help; check post#10542:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...l#post14033194
post #10596 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son View Post

.. maybe the service manual would help; check post#10542:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...l#post14033194

"While looking through the service manual for the Pioneer PDP-5010FD..."
post #10597 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansemerick View Post

"While looking through the service manual for the Pioneer PDP-5010FD..."

.. oops!! completely shot-over that, thanks.
post #10598 of 12870
no worries
post #10599 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son View Post

.. maybe the service manual would help; check post#10542:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...l#post14033194


1) It doesn't explain what the settings are for. (That's why I posted the question)

2) You pointed me to my own post.

Thanks, your response was very helpful!

A_C
post #10600 of 12870
D-Nice,
I went to the very first post in the thread and tried to downloan it to a dvd-r, cd-r, etc. and I can't get it to work. Excuse me for my ignorance but how can I get this to work? Would love to get my 5010 "burnt in". Thanks
RG
post #10601 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_C View Post

1) It doesn't explain what the settings are for. (That's why I posted the question)

2) You pointed me to my own post.

Thanks, your response was very helpful!

A_C


.. you're welcome.
post #10602 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbob View Post

D-Nice,
I went to the very first post in the thread and tried to downloan it to a dvd-r, cd-r, etc. and I can't get it to work. Excuse me for my ignorance but how can I get this to work? Would love to get my 5010 "burnt in". Thanks
RG

.. what burn software are you using; is the burn successful or error out.
post #10603 of 12870
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_C View Post

I ask the following with full appreciation of the old adage; A Little Knowledge Is Dangerous.

That being said While looking through the service manual for the Pioneer PDP-5010FD, I notice there are 3 additional RGB settings (see enclosure). In addition to R-High, G-High, B-High, R-Low, G-Low and B-Low, there's the following:

R-Level
G-Level
B-Level

What are these for? Aggregates of their high/low counterparts?

A_C

They are settings that only the engineers should touch....in other words, leave them alone.
post #10604 of 12870
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINN360 View Post

If I remember correctly, you can't set them up per input, only by mode.

And one should only change the RGB controls of 60VS....no other mode.
post #10605 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_C View Post

1) It doesn't explain what the settings are for. (That's why I posted the question)

2) You pointed me to my own post.

Thanks, your response was very helpful!

A_C

+1
BTW, does anyone know where I can download the service manual PDF for the 1150HD ?
Thanks
post #10606 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs2avs View Post

+1
BTW, does anyone know where I can download the service manual PDF for the 1150HD ?
Thanks

Type "pioneer pro 1150 hd service manual" into google and several sources will appear. Haven't found one for free yet unfortunately.
post #10607 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

And one should only change the RGB controls of 60VS....no other mode.

I may have misunderstood his question. I thought he was referring to the AV selection modes (Movie, User, Game, etc.) in the user menu.
post #10608 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbob View Post

D-Nice,
I went to the very first post in the thread and tried to downloan it to a dvd-r, cd-r, etc. and I can't get it to work. Excuse me for my ignorance but how can I get this to work? Would love to get my 5010 "burnt in". Thanks
RG

First, when it comes to a plasma, "burn in" is bad, "break in" is good. You definitely don't want to get your 5010 "burnt in"

To burn the image to a dvd, you will need DVD burning software. If you don't already have it, you can find many free burning apps and instructions with a quick google search. Try typing "burn iso to dvd" into google and go from there.
post #10609 of 12870
Hi Todd, do you mind posting your calibration charts. I've got an 1150 also i'm thinking about calibrating. Would love to see the before and after charts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1010 View Post

I'd be interested in seeing this?

But since I came here to post about my recent ISF C3 calibration and give some impressions. I just had it done a 2 days ago and I think it looks really good, especially when I compare it to the settings using D-nice's 1150 Kuro PURE mode settings. I thought those Dnice settings were looking very good until I swap between my PURE mode and my now ISF-Night mode. The PURE mode settings when compared to the ISF Night makes the PURE settings look greyish and washed out, which is kinda hard to believe until you've actually seen the two switched back and forth.

Overall I think it looks very good and I'm happy but I on some HD programming on my Comcast HD cable box I think the skin color of some people look a little red. Now I don't know if its just been some of the programming I've seen but it did appear that way to me. I'll continue to monitor that so I get see if it was just the program I was viewing.
post #10610 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

And one should only change the RGB controls of 60VS....no other mode.

I've had no problem with changing them in 50VS (24fps/72Hz) mode, too. You have to change both if you want to adjust the RGB settings for Blu-ray @1080p/24 input as well as "normal" 60Hz sources.
post #10611 of 12870
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan424 View Post

You have to change both if you want to adjust the RGB settings for Blu-ray @1080p/24 input as well as "normal" 60Hz sources.

No you don't. You should not touch any RGB controls other than the ones listed with 60VS.
post #10612 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

No you don't. You should not touch any RGB controls other than the ones listed with 60VS.

Well, I do with my 5080. When I change 60VS, the changes do not affect my 1080p/24 signal. I have to change it separately for the latter (50VS). The factory settings were slightly different between the two as well.

Maybe my set is a deviant, but I've verified this several times.
post #10613 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1010 View Post

I'd be interested in seeing this?

But since I came here to post about my recent ISF C3 calibration and give some impressions. I just had it done a 2 days ago and I think it looks really good, especially when I compare it to the settings using D-nice's 1150 Kuro PURE mode settings. I thought those Dnice settings were looking very good until I swap between my PURE mode and my now ISF-Night mode. The PURE mode settings when compared to the ISF Night makes the PURE settings look greyish and washed out, which is kinda hard to believe until you've actually seen the two switched back and forth.

Overall I think it looks very good and I'm happy but I on some HD programming on my Comcast HD cable box I think the skin color of some people look a little red. Now I don't know if its just been some of the programming I've seen but it did appear that way to me. I'll continue to monitor that so I get see if it was just the program I was viewing.

Did the calibrator go into the Service Menue or were all the adjustments done in the "Picture" , "Pro Adjust" etc.?
post #10614 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan424 View Post

Well, I do with my 5080. When I change 60VS, the changes do not affect my 1080p/24 signal. I have to change it separately for the latter (50VS). The factory settings were slightly different between the two as well.

Maybe my set is a deviant, but I've verified this several times.

Same for me, and I believe ikeb as well.
post #10615 of 12870
i hate to say it - but i think dnice is wrong in this case.

i modified 60 and 50 separately

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzpgsr View Post

Same for me, and I believe ikeb as well.
post #10616 of 12870
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeb View Post

i hate to say it - but i think dnice is wrong in this case.

i modified 60 and 50 separately

You can modify it....but that doesn't mean it's correct
post #10617 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

You can modify it....but that doesn't mean it's correct


D-Nice, can you explain this in a little more detail for us? I also noticed when playing Blu-Ray movies at 1080p24 via PS3 that the settings I applied for 60VS where not showing the improvements in color and depth when playing a blu-ray. When pausing the blu-ray at 1080p24 and going into the SM I noticed the table said 50vs and the default settings were slightly different than 60VS and not the same as I changed for 60VS. So I copied down the 50VS default settings and also changed them per your settings. The color and depth improved on blu-rays like it previously had for hd cable when I changed the 60VS offsets. Can you explain why changing the settings in 50VS is not correct?
post #10618 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

You can modify it....but that doesn't mean it's correct

If I am reading it correctly, the service manual for the 5010 seems to agree with D-Nice: the service manual says that drive sequence Video60 and Video72 use TBL1 and that Video50 uses TBL2.

The service manual also says:

Quote:


The ABL/WB adjustment values are grouped into up to four tables, depending on the drive sequences. The adjustment value for the
actually driven table is displayed.

In practice, at least on the 5080HD, it doesn't seem to work that way for some of us. I interpret the sentence in italics (emphasis mine) to mean that the drive table being used by the display is the one that will show up when you enter the service menu. Those of us with sending 24 Hz signals into the 5080HD are seeing TBL2 in the service menu, which, according to the service manual, is intended for 50 Hz signals.
post #10619 of 12870
me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzpgsr View Post

If I am reading it correctly, the service manual for the 5010 seems to agree with D-Nice: the service manual says that drive sequence Video60 and Video72 use TBL1 and that Video50 uses TBL2.

The service manual also says:



In practice, at least on the 5080HD, it doesn't seem to work that way for some of us. I interpret the sentence in italics (emphasis mine) to mean that the drive table being used by the display is the one that will show up when you enter the service menu. Those of us with sending 24 Hz signals into the 5080HD are seeing TBL2 in the service menu, which, according to the service manual, is intended for 50 Hz signals.
post #10620 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Recommended (which means it's OPTIONAL!!!!) 150 Hour Break-In settings for Pioneer 4280/5080/5010FD/6010FD/Elite 950/1150/110FD/150FD (ONLY to be used with Evangelo2's Break-in DVD and a DVD player!!! DO NOT USE THESE SETTINGS WITH ANY OTHER DVD, CABLE BOX, SAT BOX, ETC!!!!!!!!!!)

Main Menu:
AV Selection: Standard
Contrast: 50
Brightness: -2
Color: +15
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0


Pro Adjust

Pure Cinema

Film Mode: Off


Picture Detail:

DRE Picture: High
Black Level: Off
ACL: Off
Enhancer Mode: 2
Gamma: 3


Color Detail:

Color Temp: High

CTI: Off


Noise Reduction:

DNR: Off
Field NR: Off


Power Save Mode: Off

Orbiter: On

Hi there guys!

My name is Alexander and I live in Brazil at the moment and I have recently decided to buy a PDP5010FD after reading and seeing some of the posts at the forum pages.

The problem is that here in Brazil, things are more complicated to get than it is at the US. As an example, I have bought this Pioneer plasma almost 3 months ago and only today I have received it here in my home.

As you can imagine, that just makes things not as easy for repairs of exchanges as it would be if I were in the US.

That being said, can I get some help with setting up my PDP5010FD? Which of D-Nice's settings is the most updated one for the Break-in settings and also is there anything that any of you might find that would be important for the first hours of use?

From what I have seen, everything looks fine with the display. No dead pixels or any other factory defect. I have watched 2 or 3 minutes of a Blue Ray disc and from what I have seen, everything seems ok. That is very good for me: It means I won't have to go over the tremendous trouble of sending it back to the US for warranty or service. I bought it at Invision Displays and imported it myself.

Best regards,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 8G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread