Now I had to do all of my construction and test assembly in the garage so here is where I am at at this point.
From the start if you remember. Wood pile. Oh, those of you with eagle eyes you can look for/spot the high tech parking device AKA the tennis ball.
2 x 10 construction with two layers of 23/32nds (3/4ths) OSB. The dimensions of the riser 6.5 feet deep and 11.5 feet wide, and 11 inches tall. One inch overhang all around except for the side that butts up against the wall. I was going to build a step, but after many "step tests" by the family, I was dissuaded from building one. All involved stated that building a step was completely unnecessary. Soooooo.......who am I to go out of my way to complicate things? No step.
Now it all fits together and looks good. Now to disassemble and lug it all downstairs to reassemble it,
White not pink fluffy stuff. R30 unfaced in the cavities two rolls worth
So this is where I am at this point, I am just lucky with everything that has gone on this week I have gotten this far. I do have one issue that will need to be addressed, the outlets are too low now that I have put a riser in. I will need to move them up several inches to have them "look right". I guess that is why you follow the 6 P's (Prior planning prevents p&^% poor performance). I guess if I had known from the start that I was absolutely going to go with a riser I would have thought about it, but I guess it is the little detail things that escapes us sometimes. Hopefully in the next day or two I can get some time to finish it up as putting on the OSB should be pretty straight forward as it has all been measured and cut. I just plain ole ran out of steam (or at least I did not have enough steam in reserve to complete the job tonight). What I have posted here took me the better part of two days to get done. Just that much "other stuff" going on.