Originally Posted by Cathan
It's always amazing what you can accomplish when you have a block of 3-4 days in a row. I'll be happy if I get 3-4 hours this weekend to get some more trim work done. I may plan to take a week off in June to bust out a bunch of stuff. We'll see. Weather is just tooooo nice to spend it inside right now.
I hear you about the weather. I too a "break" yesterday from the basement to mow the lawn just to get out into the sunshine.
On to the updates.
Yesterday and today I got several things accomplished.
- Cleaned up, rearranged, removed miscellaneous unneeded building supplies, and hauled out junk, trash and other items. I realized in this process my circular saw is MIA. Now I have tool separation anxiety. I have no idea where it went, who I lent it too, or if someone "helped" them self to it. I have put out an APB, and fliers all over the neighborhood. If anyone is interested there is a reward for finding my saw. (One free movie night in the completed theater of course!)
- Finalized the location of my side surrounds and ran speaker wire to the locations.
- Ran speaker wire to the back of the kitchenette where the pub table will be located.
- Had the "Cabinet Guy" come by for a final measurement just to double check everything.
- Replaced three 2 x 4's that had twisted severely in the past months.
- Double checked (ok quintuple checked) all my electrical runs (again) and still found two wires needing wire staples.
- Finished the rough framing for the three basement doors reinforcing the framing around each of the door locations.
For the remainder of the weekend to do list.
Finalize the location of the future projector and noodle out a mount.
Run power and video to the projector location.
Reinforce the location in the kids area where the plasma will be.
Finalize the measurements so I can order my Delta flooring.
Measure for subwoofer cable.
Move the kitchenette HVAC return from horizontal to the vertical.
In the next several weeks to do list.
Run coax for OTA HD and Dish to the appropriate locations.
Run one additional phone line to the kids area.
Run IR repeater cable from the front of the theater to the equipment cabinet.
Install Delta flooring.
Purchase OTA antenna from my buddy and install.
Tape all of the joints of existing HVAC ducts.
I'm sure that the list will grow exponentially as time goes by.
Here is hoping the next two days is as productive as the last two.