or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Software › Bubble, The Lost City, and District B13 now shipping from amazon.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bubble, The Lost City, and District B13 now shipping from amazon.com

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Looks like Magnolia recently started shipping some more HD DVD titles:

http://www.amazon.com/Bubble-HD-DVD-...dp/B000GFRIHW/

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-City-HD-DVD/dp/B000PKG8U6/

http://www.amazon.com/District-B13-D...dp/B000PC1QO2/

For some reason, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, The War Within, Shuttle Discovery and One Last Thing are still missing, but looks like Magnolia is going to slowly catch up their HD DVD releases with their Blu-ray.
post #2 of 21
I've never seen District B-13, but I am interested in the quality of the HD since I read good things about it in movie reviews. I remember seeing a trailer for it a while back...looked cool.
post #3 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom Divine View Post

I've never seen District B-13, but I am interested in the quality of the HD since I read good things about it in movie reviews. I remember seeing a trailer for it a while back...looked cool.

I blind-bought this the other day from amazon. I'll post my impressions Monday, when it arrives.
post #4 of 21
Aww man, for a moment, I thought I was going to see Children of the Lost City in HD
post #5 of 21
wow! I didn't even know district B13 was coming to HD DVD, score!
post #6 of 21
my District B13 came on Monday. Haven't watched it yet though.
post #7 of 21
BAH!!!! If I had know B13 would be available on HD DVD, I never would have bought the BD.

Self <---- kick kick kick

On the other hand I enjoyed the movie. Pretty good action flick. Not something you'll see from Hollywood.
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom Divine View Post

I've never seen District B-13, but I am interested in the quality of the HD since I read good things about it in movie reviews. I remember seeing a trailer for it a while back...looked cool.

It's been a while since I have seen it. But stylistically, it is cool. The story is set in the future, and the action is a bit over the top, but, that's what makes it so much fun to watch. There are some scenes that really stuck out in my mind, scenes I want to see again. There's some nice martial arts in it as well. If you like action movies, I think you will enjoy it. The audio should be really nice, lots of typical action effects, like things blowing up, blows being landed, cool music, stuff like that. This is coming from someone who loves die hard and didn't care much for smokin' aces.
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post

I blind-bought this the other day from amazon. I'll post my impressions Monday, when it arrives.

Please do!
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by eapleitez View Post

Aww man, for a moment, I thought I was going to see Children of the Lost City in HD

I think you mean The City of Lost Children.

Does anyone know if the new B-13 HD discs have English subs that aren't SDH? I can't tell you how disappointed I was when the SD DVD came out and they only had English SDH. I mean, how hard is it to have both? Subs are the tiniest part of the bit budget! I can't tell you how many DVDs I've seen with this problem. I know it's an action film, but I can't stand dubs.
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu_1 View Post

BAH!!!! If I had know B13 would be available on HD DVD, I never would have bought the BD.

Self <---- kick kick kick

On the other hand I enjoyed the movie. Pretty good action flick. Not something you'll see from Hollywood.

Yeah, thank god I (unknowingly) waited or I'd be doing the same thing to myself. I came soooo close to buying it on BD. Now I consider myself the luckiest man alive. (okay, maybe a slight exagerration but, I mean, yeah!)
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolver View Post

Does anyone know if the new B-13 HD discs have English subs that aren't SDH? I can't tell you how disappointed I was when the SD DVD came out and they only had English SDH. I mean, how hard is it to have both? Subs are the tiniest part of the bit budget! I can't tell you how many DVDs I've seen with this problem. I know it's an action film, but I can't stand dubs.

People in highdefdigest forums have confirmed that it is English SDH subs only. However, one person said that the SDH parts are few and far between and hardly a distraction. He said he had to rewatch it to notice them.
post #13 of 21
Now thers a silent launch eh... wow....
post #14 of 21
according the the amazon stats it has release dates of April 17 and May 1st for the titles
post #15 of 21
B13 is better than most of the garbage movies people talk about buying on here. I brought my Dad over to watch it and he hates everything but he loved this movie. The lead actors ARE the stuntmen and it's filled with great action sequences and French humor.
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post

People in highdefdigest forums have confirmed that it is English SDH subs only.

Aw jeez, not this sh*t again.

Isn't there like supposed to be someone responsible for quality control on these things?
post #17 of 21
I've had those 3 movies for a while and I'll give you a quick rundown.

All of Magnolia's HD DVDs are encoded w/VC1 vs. MPEGf2 for Blu-ray.
All of Magnolia's HD DVDs (w/the exception of Bubble) include a TrueHD track.
District B13 has some of the sickest action scenes I've ever seen.
District B13 only has English SDH subtitles.
The TrueHD track for District B13 is for the English dub (dammit)!

Any other questions, just ask and I'll let you know.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkny75 View Post

The TrueHD track for District B13 is for the English dub (dammit)!

Double dammit! Come on Magnolia, what are you thinking?!

Will there be a French release with English subs? If so, guess what?
post #19 of 21
Wha..? Banlieue 13 in HD? SOLD!!
post #20 of 21
The SDH in B13 isn't so bad except for the frequent "Sound of helicopter flying overhead" subtitle.
post #21 of 21
Still have yet to watch the regular DVD that I have of District B13, but just placed my order for the HD DVD nevertheless.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HD DVD Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Software › Bubble, The Lost City, and District B13 now shipping from amazon.com