What I'd Love:
1) Universal goes neutral and begins day and date releases on both HD DVD and BD. Supports LPCM and Dolby TrueHD on BD's and Dolby TrueHD on HD DVD.
2) Weinstein does the same.
3) Best Buy announces the creation of the special Blu-ray aisles in their stores. They announce they will continue to sell the HD-A2 on their website while stocking more BD players. They begin a new awareness program to teach consumers the value of BD.
4) Circuit City announces a new partnership with the BDA to increase awareness and sales of Blu-ray in their stores. Quietly moves HD-A2 to online-only.
5) Toshiba announces the new HD-A3 and XA3 will be a combo player capable of playing both BD's and HD DVD's.
6) Sony announces the PS3 will have a pricecut of $200 to make the player $399.99. In unrelated news, a nanosecond later Microsoft announces a pricecut to the Elite to $379.99, the Pro to 299.99, and the Core down to 249.99.
7) Sony releases PS3 2.0 firmware update that adds DTS HD HR and DTS HD MA support along with full PiP BD Live (and 1.1) compatibility months ahead of schedule.
8) WB announces immediate availability of all the titles waiting for this java compatibility. V for Vendetta, Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc. all release with Dolby TrueHD tracks. Publically apologizes for favoritism and rewards BD fans with Tim Burton's Batman and Lethal Weapon's 3 and 4 exclusively on BD.
9) Paramount announces a trade in program to trade all current discs for new discs with 1080p AVC encodes and LPCM or TrueHD audio. Publically apologizes to all BD fans everywhere for substandard audio support. Promises to compensate for their incompetence by putting every Star Trek movie on BD exclusively. Millions of trekkers rejoice.
10) Sony announces immediate availability of Spiderman 1 and 2. Announces Spiderman 3 will release 2 months early on BD than it does on DVD. They have immediate releases of Gattaca, Starship Troopers.
11) Fox unleashes all the titles they had ready months ago. Dozens of titles flooding June with blue releases. Mr&Mrs Smith, Dodgeball, From Hell, etc all flood out like bats out of hell. An Alien boxset is announced with separate releases of Alien and Aliens also announced to coincide. Predator 1 and 2 are bundled in a box set. True Lies, The Abyss, and Titanic (in concert with Paramount) to be released in July exclusively on BD. All with AVC 1080p encodes, lossless audio in Dolby TrueHD or LPCM. A tradeup program for the previously released discs is announced.
12) MGM is unleashed as Fox returns to the fold. MGM publically apologizes for letting Fox stop Robocop and delivers a pristine 1080p, AVC high bitrate encoded disc with LPCM or TrueHD lossless audio. "Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply." Two Bond movies are to be released every month for the next few months. In order of original release.
13) Lionsgate publically apologizes for using DTS HD HR at all and creates a tradeup program. Trade up to a disc with TrueHD and LPCM and get money back. Re-releases Terminator 2 with the longer cut with the alternate ending with a super-high AVC encode.
14) The BDA officially kills support for DTS HD MA, swearing only Dolby TrueHD and LPCM support from here on in. This is due to "consumers' overwhelming love of LPCM and Dolby TrueHD!" Every studio announces it together. DTS immediately announces Chapter 11. The world rejoices. No more, "When is DTS HD MA support coming?" even though it already came back in one of the other listings. This is for spite now.
15) Microsoft announces its intention to release a BD add-on. The BDA laughs at them and designs one that will cost $399. The same as a new PS3. Microsoft weeps.
16) Toshiba apologizes for causing the format war.
17) Microsoft, while crying, apologizes for helping cause the format war.
18) Universal admits to a price fixing scheme set down by a payoff by Microsoft.
19) The government investigates Microsoft, finds they meddled in a market they shouldn't have, and splits them into three new companies. "Xbox, Inc," "Windows and Office, Inc," and "Zune, Inc." Zune, Inc and Xbox, Inc are swiftly bought out by Apple and Sony, respectively.
20) Newspapers resound by the 21st with the large-print, bold text, "BLU-RAY WINS THE FORMAT WAR!" Drastic pricecuts are applied to all current stock HD-A2's. Soon, Toshiba offers a trade-in program for all users with HD DVD players to get their new dual format player. On launch, it lacks certain features. Robert from VE will announce "unofficially" they're coming "soon." First, when sales are good, he'll say they're coming by next month. Eventually, as "next month" approaches, he'll admit, "Well, maybe in six months." Curiously, AVS forumgoers will believe him.
21) rdjam's head will explode.
22) plazman will be nearby and will promptly be killed by bits of exploded rdjam's head.
23) beatboy and thebland will disappear. Project Hydra is complete. They will cash in their checks and move over to the PS3 forums where they will create new handles: beambob and thevague. Project Worms will begin.
Now what I think will really happen:
1) Fox and MGM may get back in the game with announcement dates for a few titles they should have released months and months ago.
2) Spiderman 1 & 2 will be announced for falltime release with Spiderman 3.
3) Harry Potter series will be coming to BD (and HD DVD) in late Fall 2007.
4) Paramount will announce lossless audio tracks for Top Gun and The Jack Ryan Collection.
5) Disney will announce a new release date for Cars and a release date for at least one classic cartoon from their "vault." Along with the inevitable POTC3 release late this year on BD.
6) BD will announce unprecedented sales across the board. Disc sales are above expectations at this stage and they are "thrilled by the results." They predict the sales lead over HD DVD will continue to increase as titles increase.
7) Lionsgate announces more titles.
8) Perhaps a pricecut on one or more of the players.
9) Perhaps a promise of some feature on PS3, though I can't imagine any others except DTS HD MA or HR unless it's BD 1.1 and Live compatibility.