or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › *Official* Denon 5308 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Denon 5308 Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikk View Post

You don't need any dumbed down version of software; you can do it directly from the receiver.

Just to clarify, this is what you get with Audyssey MultEQ XT. A "professional installation" is only needed if you want to use the Audyssey MultEQ Pro capability.

Basically, there are two types of calibration on the Denon 3808ci and above. There is the standard Audyssey MultEQ XT, which you do through a menu on the receiver. And then there is Audyssey MultEQ Pro, a superior form of calibration that requires a PC with specialized software, a $$$$ microphone, and a separate license. Audyssey sells that software and microphone as a kit for several thousand dollars to professional installers.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #212 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv View Post

Audyssey sells that software and microphone as a kit for several thousand dollars to professional installers.

The cost of buying the installers kit itself is not "several thousand dollars", it is closer to $350. But, there is also whatever the associated costs are for attending the required training course as well.


http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messag...ase-381629.pdf
post #213 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

The cost of buying the installers kit itself is not "several thousand dollars", it is closer to $350. But, there is also whatever the associated costs are for attending the required training course as well.


http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messag...ase-381629.pdf

Thanks for that clarification. I'm not sure where I got the idea that the software and microphone cost a few thousand dollars.

Is the training required to purchase the kit? Or can anyone order a $325 kit + $150 license ?
post #214 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv View Post

Thanks for that clarification. I'm not sure where I got the idea that the software and microphone cost a few thousand dollars.

Is the training required to purchase the kit? Or can anyone order a $325 kit + $150 license ?

According to them, they require you to also take a training course/class. So I'd take that as them saying you can't just buy it outright without taking any training.
post #215 of 4955
http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/20...enon/index.htm

Its getting closer. The AVC-A1HD is the AVR-5308 sans onboard Tuner.
post #216 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post

http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/20...enon/index.htm

Its getting closer. The AVC-A1HD is the AVR-5308 sans onboard Tuner.

Very nice........ I sure wish Denon would offer the Silver finish in the US
As a 5805MKII owner, a very satisfied owner, this 5308 has me wondering if it would be a step down from my 5805, or a step up?

dc
post #217 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

As a 5805MKII owner, a very satisfied owner, this 5308 has me wondering if it would be a step down from my 5805, or a step up?

dc


Depending upon your needs, it's probably more like it might possibly be a lateral move. You would gain some things with the 5308, and you would also lose some that the 5805 has, that may or may not be important to you. So you would have to weigh in on, if giving up those things the 5805 has are worth losing for the things that you do gain with the 5308.

Personally, I'm kinda upset that I did not grab a 5805MKII from Costo.com, when they were dumping them for just under $3500 a few months ago. I waited about two weeks, and went back and forth about it, even putting it in my cart and taking it out a few times. And by the time I finally decided to grab one, they were all gone and they never got any more in after that.
post #218 of 4955
Yes
I have been building a new theater system complete with curtins projector chairs ect..
The Brains of the system will be the 5308ci... The pre order date was in early sept 07.
Everything is in place except the BRAINS... Silent HD Movies Stink Gasp I have heard the lines for dates late NOV Early DEC now Late Dec early Jan.. any more delays Jan to what ever BS I will change my order By a 5808 along with a seperate Realta Scaler
post #219 of 4955
Yes, I have been waiting AVR5308CI but delay and delay and delay,,,,,,

I could not wait any longer,,,,,,,,

I finally got AVR4308CI last month and hooked with my main system.

AVR4308CI, Pio Elite Pro-150FD, BDP-95FD, Toshiba A-35, Denon DVD2900 (SACD & DVD Audio), Comcast HD/DVR, Monster HTPS7000, AVS2000, Klipsch Ref. 7 Series with Velodyn SW

PQ and AQ are amazing!!!!

Now, I am wondering, do I need AVR5308CI or not...........
I have ordered last September through my local dealer but I will audition before I decide. Because, I am very pleased this AVR4308CI with half a price.

Prior to this AVR4308CI, I tested Onkyo AVR875. Surprisingly this receiver was very good about AQ and PQ (I just tested a couple of weeks) but returned due to heat problems and cheap structure. Although, I should not say this,,, Since Onkyo 875 is about a half price of AVR4308CI.

This AQ and PQ quality of Onkyo receiver made me decide to purchase AVR4308CI and I am very happy now.
I will wait and see how much AVR5308CI is better than AVR4308CI good about

I was pretty happy with my AVR5803 but advance technology moved quickly as I hoped.

Now, AVR5803 moved to my second HT system with Sumsang BD-P1000, Toshiba HD-XA1, Denon DVD3800 (DVD Audio only), Comcast HD, JVC HM-DH30000U (D/VHS), Monster HTPS7000, AVS2000. Bose Acoustimass 16
post #220 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScurvyDog View Post

Yes
I have been building a new theater system complete with curtins projector chairs ect..
The Brains of the system will be the 5308ci... The pre order date was in early sept 07.
Everything is in place except the BRAINS... Silent HD Movies Stink Gasp I have heard the lines for dates late NOV Early DEC now Late Dec early Jan.. any more delays Jan to what ever BS I will change my order By a 5808 along with a seperate Realta Scaler

When I spoke to my contact last week, the reply I got was that it will ship in January.
post #221 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

When I spoke to my contact last week, the reply I got was that it will ship in January.

Interesting.......

Crutchfield should have info up on their site anyday now

dc
post #222 of 4955
One of my companies sells Denon and we were told (by Denon) that the "estimated shipping is mid-to-late January." We were given this info last Thursday.

Jim
post #223 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by JlgLaw View Post

One of my companies sells Denon and we were told (by Denon) that the "estimated shipping is mid-to-late January." We were given this info last Thursday.

Jim

My information came directly from Denon too.
post #224 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

My information came directly from Denon too.

Sounds like we have the same info (January). If you have "early January," then I prefer your source.

Jim
post #225 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by JlgLaw View Post

Sounds like we have the same info (January). If you have "early January," then I prefer your source.

Jim

It was specifically stated it wasn't "due out until January.."
post #226 of 4955
28.5kg
would have liked something like 35kg but anyway... a fine AV amp for sure it will be
too bad those remotes stink. the Onkyo is easier to use. imho.
still i'm of those guys who prefer to turn on the whole pro rack and adjust things (input, sound decoder) before the movie and then enjoy the movie and that's it.
premium silver as on the hifi products is very nice looking indeed.
if black was available in Europe , i would have loved to see a brushed back aluminium such as on the Toshiba X1 hd dvd player.

regarding power: imho it has enough with high sensitive speakers in a dedicated absorbant htheater (klipsch, gkf, jblpro)
but there's NO replacement for power amp such as NAD MASTER M25 for instance or the 955 or 975. or an ADA PTM 6150 THX
even with high sensitive speakers.


http://www.ada.net/products/ht/ptm_6150.php
http://nadelectronics.com/products/m...nel-Amplifier/
my AVCA1HD will be combinend with these already awaiting it
post #227 of 4955
My local dealer sent me this spec sheet on the AVR-5308 CI.

Sorry,I had to split this pdf in to two pages because of the forum file size limitations.

 

Denon AVR5308CI specsheet page 1.pdf 153.3076171875k . file

 

Denon AVR5308CI specsheet page 2.pdf 316.767578125k . file
post #228 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro67 View Post

Actually, HQV stated early October. The AVP-A1HD and AVC-A1HD will incorporate the high performance 10-bit deinterlacer Realta HQV® processor featured in Denon's flagship DVD player, the DVD-A1XVA. In addition to its superior video scaling capabilities supporting HDMI 1080p output, the Realta HQV® processor also realizes high precision deinterlacing on a per-pixel beais.
Available in October 2007.

I personally heard late October, November, December, and early January. At least, I have my order in since October. So I can't wait till it is released.

I was speaking only in reference to what I was told on Wednesday when I inquired with Denon about when a 5308 would be available for me to order from them, not what they, or one of their suppliers, said in the past.
post #229 of 4955
62.8lbs!!!
not bad........ though it's 30lbs lighter than the 5805.
Still, can't wait to get my hands on one of these!

dc
post #230 of 4955
Also notice the 9.3 analog output, very cool.....

dc
post #231 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

Interesting.......

Crutchfield should have info up on their site anyday now

dc

they have it now, go there and go into chat, those guys can order them for you now. they are claiming a 12/28 ship date BTW. i'm thinking about ordering one from them as well since j&r is so clueless.

sigh...
post #232 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

My information came directly from Denon too.

Denon told me the same thing
post #233 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadmanDigital4U View Post

My local dealer sent me this spec sheet on the AVR-5308 CI.

Sorry,I had to split this pdf in to two pages because of the forum file size limitations.

Great to finally see a cut sheet -- thanks for posting...
post #234 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

As a 5805MKII owner, a very satisfied owner, this 5308 has me wondering if it would be a step down from my 5805, or a step up?

dc

I for one would love the updated decoding and connections of the 5308, but would not want to lose the bi-amping of the 5805, which makes a world of difference for my speakers. Wonder if the design changes make an appreciable difference in the sound. Wonder very much whether the video processing options on the 5308 are more sophisticated than the pitiful settings options on the 5805 (anyone know?)
post #235 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorO View Post

Wonder very much whether the video processing options on the 5308 are more sophisticated than the pitiful settings options on the 5805 (anyone know?)

This, the Video Processing, is were the 5308ci will have to shine (big time) if it's going to be the must have unit.
Nothing else about it is particularly earth shaking compared to something like the Onkyo 905, etc.... except of course the price

dc
post #236 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

This, the Video Processing, is were the 5308ci will have to shine (big time) if it's going to be the must have unit.
Nothing else about it is particularly earth shaking compared to something like the Onkyo 905, etc.... except of course the price

dc

QFT

Amen brother. This unit better be able to replace a stand-alone video processor. It's the only way I can justify spending the extra money (ok that's a lie I'll find some other way but I won't feel as good about lying to myself if I do).
post #237 of 4955
Is it not true that the Denons are the only AVRs/processors that support a second set of L/R surrounds? By support, I mean not only amplification, but calibration and EQ. In a large room with this need, is seems that Denon is about the only choice.
post #238 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorO View Post

I for one would love the updated decoding and connections of the 5308, but would not want to lose the bi-amping of the 5805, which makes a world of difference for my speakers. Wonder if the design changes make an appreciable difference in the sound. Wonder very much whether the video processing options on the 5308 are more sophisticated than the pitiful settings options on the 5805 (anyone know?)

You can do as I plan to do. I'm using the 5308 to drive the tweeters of my 7.1 setup and I'm using An Earthquake Sound Cinenova Seven (300 wpc) to power the woofers. I'm adding a pair of JL audio Gothams for my subs.

If you are interested in finding a good price on the Cinenova Seven, contact Earthquake Sound's Tech support from the email address at their website and ask if they know of a dealer that will competitively price the unit (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

I just took over a certified check to my hifi guy today.

The gear placed on order today:

(1) Mitsubishi WD-73833

Klipsch speakers:
(4) RF-83 main speakers
(1) RC-64 center channel
(2) RS-62 side surround


(1) Denon AVR-5308 CI

(1) Earthquake Sound Cinenova Seven

(2) JL Audio Gotham 213

This weekend I'm going to pick up a PS3 and Xbox 360 Elite to round things out.

I designed my own stand using some extrusions I designed for the company I work for, for the supports. The shelves will be made of ash veneered MDF with a black satin finish to match the speakers. Take a look at the rendering I created using Autodesk Inventor.
LL
post #239 of 4955
It's on the Denon USA website now

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3755.asp
post #240 of 4955
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm_etue View Post

It's on the Denon USA website now

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3755.asp

Let there be light! AMEN!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › *Official* Denon 5308 Thread