or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › SVS MTS Family
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SVS MTS Family - Page 7

post #181 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

You both realize that pics are REQUIRED upon arrival...


I thought that was unwritten but universally understood rule.lol

But I'm kinda bumped no coverage of SVS so fair at CES.
post #182 of 635
Folks -

I can confirm that SVS most certainly did have a strong and loud presence at CES - at least loud to all the folks on the 12th floor of the LV Hilton Let's just say that a full 7.2 setup (MTS+2 Ultra-13s) in a 600sqft hotel suite can really create quite a stir...

Ron and team had the new MTS line on display, along with both PB and PC Ultra 13s, and some other fun toys including the Audyssey unit. I'm not an audio expert, but I can say that I was *very* impressed by the new line, and it's safe to say that they blew away the other demos I heard at the show - yes, including the DTS-MA booth...

I've got some pics on the camera - I'll try and get at least a few posted tonight if I can. The MTS speakers have started shipping tho, so some more qualified folks than I should be posting some more formal reviews in the next few days. Most of the CES crew is just getting home now from the show, so perhaps other folks got up to the suite this week as well, but just haven't made it onto the forums to update the thread.

Hope this helps reassure folks on the MTS line - I don't think there'll be many folks disappointed by the new speakers...in fact, I'd bet they create quite a stir once they get out in the open.

Hope this helps!
yonex737
post #183 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonex737 View Post

Folks -

I can confirm that SVS most certainly did have a strong and loud presence at CES - at least loud to all the folks on the 12th floor of the LV Hilton Let's just say that a full 7.2 setup (MTS+2 Ultra-13s) in a 600sqft hotel suite can really create quite a stir...

Ron and team had the new MTS line on display, along with both PB and PC Ultra 13s, and some other fun toys including the Audyssey unit. I'm not an audio expert, but I can say that I was *very* impressed by the new line, and it's safe to say that they blew away the other demos I heard at the show - yes, including the DTS-MA booth...

I've got some pics on the camera - I'll try and get at least a few posted tonight if I can. The MTS speakers have started shipping tho, so some more qualified folks than I should be posting some more formal reviews in the next few days. Most of the CES crew is just getting home now from the show, so perhaps other folks got up to the suite this week as well, but just haven't made it onto the forums to update the thread.

Hope this helps reassure folks on the MTS line - I don't think there'll be many folks disappointed by the new speakers...in fact, I'd bet they create quite a stir once they get out in the open.

Hope this helps!
yonex737


Yonex thank you very much its good to know that it was an impressive demo if only I could have been there.

hmmm thats very interesting I hope we here more thoughts and opinions as many have questions the there Frequency response.
post #184 of 635







enjoy
post #185 of 635
Alright, fantastic pictures!!
post #186 of 635

one more with the sbs01
post #187 of 635
Looks great!
post #188 of 635
Looks like onpaws got here first, but I'll throw these up so folks can see a glimpse of the MTS speakers at CES:







Enjoy!
yonex737
post #189 of 635
I do love the look of those things. Kinda squatty.. kinda nice..

Being SVS, I know they'll cut it for HT.. but what about nice softer 2-channel stuff?

Can anyone describe the top end? And, what have you also owned? How do the SVS's compare? What other speakers do you think of when you hear them?

Inquiring minds want to know without shelling out for eval. shipping.
post #190 of 635
Got my shipping notice today! too bad it's ground, should be here on the 16th.
post #191 of 635
wow, great components at great prices...and the cabinetry looks excellent as well...
post #192 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

I do love the look of those things. Kinda squatty.. kinda nice..

Being SVS, I know they'll cut it for HT.. but what about nice softer 2-channel stuff?

Can anyone describe the top end? And, what have you also owned? How do the SVS's compare? What other speakers do you think of when you hear them?

Inquiring minds want to know without shelling out for eval. shipping.


I agree but I will throw out a guess that they are also good at music SVS has been giving music even more focus thats evident in the SB12plus and PB13Ultra.

Oh and yup they look very nice. I'm betting they sound just as nice oh and congrats to everyone who got them on pre order.lol

The more I seem the more I like the flat black around the drivers and front baffle it keeps the speaker from like well saying hey look at me and more like hey listen to me.lol
post #193 of 635
So how do they sound?
post #194 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcjago View Post

So how do they sound?

I second that. Come on folks lets hear some feed back.
post #195 of 635
Again, folks, I'm no audio expert, but the demo that the SVS team did at CES was really impressive. I thought the MTSes sounded comparable - perhaps a bit better - than a similar 7.1 demo of an Aerial Acoustics Model 9/CC5 setup I saw recently - which represented an entirely different price point. Interestingly, while the Aerial demo had, oh, $14K of electronics/amplification around it, I think Ron was driving his demo with a simple Denon 38xx series AV receiver? For the price, I think SVS has something special here.

Again, although I'm quite impressed, I am looking forward to hearing the reviews of folks like Craigsub and others who have better ears and more points of comparison. If those other reviews all come back with similar impressions and glowing reviews, then I think we may be watching something very special in the industry...

yonex737
post #196 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonex737 View Post

Again, folks, I'm no audio expert, but the demo that the SVS team did at CES was really impressive. I thought the MTSes sounded comparable - perhaps a bit better - than a similar 7.1 demo of an Aerial Acoustics Model 9/CC5 setup I saw recently - which represented an entirely different price point. Interestingly, while the Aerial demo had, oh, $14K of electronics/amplification around it, I think Ron was driving his demo with a simple Denon 38xx series AV receiver? For the price, I think SVS has something special here.

Again, although I'm quite impressed, I am looking forward to hearing the reviews of folks like Craigsub and others who have better ears and more points of comparison. If those other reviews all come back with similar impressions and glowing reviews, then I think we may be watching something very special in the industry...

yonex737

It's post like this that really get the juices flowing

dc
post #197 of 635
$1500 speaker being better than a $8800 AA model 9? That's really impressive. This speaker will really stir the market of speakers once reviews like this gets posts
post #198 of 635
Well... that is quite the statement, as I was just suggesting some Aerials to someone, although I haven't had the chance to hear them.. or my MTS system on the way..

I'm thinkin that might be a little bit of a stretch.. but I hope its true...


vs
post #199 of 635
Seriously? Aerial 9's??

C'mon......

post #200 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

Seriously? Aerial 9's??

C'mon......


That's what many were saying when early reports compared the PB13 Ultra to the JLAudio f113

dc
post #201 of 635
My IQ is seriously deficient. What are you guys trying to see?
post #202 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengbin View Post

My IQ is seriously deficient. What are you guys implying?

I'm not implying anything.... just wishful thinking
I should have a better idea what these new SVS MTS speakers are capable of early next week!
dc
post #203 of 635
You are so lucky. The Canadian distributor didn't even start the preorder.
post #204 of 635
Well.. I've owned 7B's. And if they're seriously comparable to Aerials... I'll be on the phone to SVS Monday morning for a set. But I'm doubtful. And that's not a jab at SVS, because I think they make fine stuff. But we're talking in terms of David vs. Golliath. (Yes... I realize who won that one)
post #205 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengbin View Post

You are so lucky. The Canadian distributor didn't even start the preorder.

Nor has he put up prices.
post #206 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

Well.. I've owned 7B's. And if they're seriously comparable to Aerials... I'll be on the phone to SVS Monday morning for a set. But I'm doubtful. And that's not a jab at SVS, because I think they make fine stuff. But we're talking in terms of David vs. Golliath. (Yes... I realize who won that one)

Maybe you might be in with a pleasant surprise...
post #207 of 635
The MBS-1 may sound great, but the SBS-1 looks alittle nicer to me. Maybe it's because the MBS looks like my mailbox from the front!
post #208 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

That's what many were saying when early reports compared the PB13 Ultra to the JLAudio f113

dc


Isn't that interesting... and then when the measurements came out, how true they really were...
post #209 of 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post

Isn't that interesting... and then when the measurements came out, how true they really were...

Yup I wouldn't be surprised if these speakers are extremely completive.

I wondering if anyone can answer a question for me how is the high end on these speakers bright , natural, laid back or otherwise.
post #210 of 635
Scan speak is known for a smoother, sometimes laidback sound. Although the 6600 apparently was not quite as laidback as past tweeters. Regardless Scanspeak has never made a bright or harsh tweeter that I've ever heard about.

Interesting comparison to the Aerials. Those Aerial woofers kind of look like the Peerless HDS poly woofers, in the same family as the HDS Nomex woofers used on these SVS's. Those poly's were laminated to which makes me think those really are Peerless HDS Poly's in the Aerial.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › SVS MTS Family