or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › 5 Free Blu Rays With Receipt
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

5 Free Blu Rays With Receipt - Page 6

post #151 of 225
I can find no wording on the rebate form that states the BD player must be purchased in your home state. It says "receipt from your eligible Blu-ray player purchase imprinted with store name and dated between 7/1/07 through 9/30/07 with purchase price circled"

I've gone to Bluraysavings.com to try and find additional info, but just see the rebate form. There is nothing stating the state clause in the fine print either.

Am I missing something? Can someone direct me to where this is stated?

I want to purchase a BD player, and will most likely purchase online.

Thanks

Upon further review, there are two different forms for the rebate. the one that is in color, found here www.bluraysavings.com , has the state clause. While the black and white, found here http://www.bluraysavings.com/Summer_...Order_Form.pdf , does not.

So, if we use the form that does not state that you must buy at a store within your state, do you think we'll still get the free movies?
post #152 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by show View Post

So, if we use the form that does not state that you must buy at a store within your state, do you think we'll still get the free movies?


I don't see how they can not send you the discs, provided you met all the conditions listed on the form. Part of the confusion over this is that the first ad had the state limitation/purchase restriction, and now another form doesn't. Should be interesting. Just be sure to make copies of everything you send in.
post #153 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by show View Post

I can find no wording on the rebate form that states the BD player must be purchased in your home state. It says "receipt from your eligible Blu-ray player purchase imprinted with store name and dated between 7/1/07 through 9/30/07 with purchase price circled"

I've gone to Bluraysavings.com to try and find additional info, but just see the rebate form. There is nothing stating the state clause in the fine print either.

Am I missing something? Can someone direct me to where this is stated?

I want to purchase a BD player, and will most likely purchase online.

Thanks

Upon further review, there are two different forms for the rebate. the one that is in color, found here www.bluraysavings.com , has the state clause. While the black and white, found here http://www.bluraysavings.com/Summer_...Order_Form.pdf , does not.

So, if we use the form that does not state that you must buy at a store within your state, do you think we'll still get the free movies?

VERY INTERESTING!!! Check this out...If you go to the first site you listed, the one that has the big color picture of the movies and players and click at the bottom where it says "to print form click here", it brings up the same page as the one you listed second !!
post #154 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclem View Post

VERY INTERESTING!!! Check this out...If you go to the first site you listed, the one that has the big color picture of the movies and players and click at the bottom where it says "to print form click here", it brings up the same page as the one you listed second !!

remember rebates are designed in the companies benifit. the chance you could not read something completly or not send in the correct form is all factored into it. KEEP COPIES OF ALL THE REBATE MATERIALS UNTIL YOU GET YOUR DVDS
post #155 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by axmode View Post

For the record, I contacted BB and told the manager the situation (I am one of the lucky few who is still within a 30 day return policy). The manager simply asked me to come in with my receipt and the promo rebate from after July 1st and whilst within my 30 days return. He did not think that brining in the BD player was necessary, but that may end up to be the worst case.

In any case, he was very helpful and told me that they (that BB) would not have a problem to do something like return /repurchase of the same item to reflect the new purchase date. I guess as long as it was not a BB rebate on these BD movies, they do not care.

...

Well BB CS stepped up to the plate (as I had previously stated-look above) and changed the receipt for me to reflect today's date as the sale date (new receipt), without having to take the actual BD player back for an exchange/repurchase. Of course, I was recharged on my credit card for the "new" purchase and the "return" will take about 48 hours to be re-credit the original charge back to my Visa card.

It took a while at BB to do this as the CS staff just stood around and acted completely dumb, whilst the manager came by to ask me as to, "who did I talked to" routine. I then told him that it was either this clean way or the tedious way of returning the unit (under the 30 days) for a fresh unit. He chose the clean way
post #156 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by axmode View Post

Well BB CS stepped up to the plate (as I had previously stated-look above) and changed the receipt for me to reflect today's date as the sale date (new receipt), without having to take the actual BD player back for an exchange/repurchase. Of course, I was recharged on my credit card for the "new" purchase and the "return" will take about 48 hours to be re-credit the original charge back to my Visa card.

It took a while at BB to do this as the CS staff just stood around and acted completely dumb, whilst the manager came by to ask me as to, "who did I talked to" routine. I then told him that it was either this clean way or the tedious way of returning the unit (under the 30 days) for a fresh unit. He chose the clean way

My local BB changed the receipt for me today too, but only took a minute or so. Excellent!
post #157 of 225
I was under my 30 day return to BB, so after explaining 10 times what was going on the cashier gave me an exchange receipt thats dated today. It shows I returned my PS3 and then bought the same PS3.
Do you guys think this will work OK?
post #158 of 225
I think that it will work perfectly. Good luck.
post #159 of 225
Please post your movie selection. Here's my tentative list:

Invincible
Corpse Bride
Resident Evil 2
The Italian Job
The Transporter 2
post #160 of 225
Invincible
Blazing Saddles
Stealth
Babel
The Last Waltz
post #161 of 225
If i keep it:

pearl harbor
blazzing saddles
resident evil 2
devils rejects
transporter 2
post #162 of 225
I went with:

The Guardian
Corpse Bride
Underworld 2
Babel
The Transporter 2

I already owned a few of the titles, so that limited things.
post #163 of 225
I will be picking:

Invincible
Blazing Saddles
Stealth
Babel
Hart's War
post #164 of 225
Most likely be:

The Guardian
Blazing Saddles
Resident Evil 2
Babel
The Last Waltz
post #165 of 225
So if you buy a BD player online do you just send them a copy of the invoice?
post #166 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound12 View Post

So if you buy a BD player online do you just send them a copy of the invoice?

simply print a copy of the reciept from the online site you purchased from and this should work. i don't know if an invoice would work as it is technically not a reciept.

my best recomendations is "Follow all of the rebates details to the specifics and most important Make copies of everything"
post #167 of 225
I'm still trying to decide between Babel and The Italian Job. One is an Oscar nominated film and the other isn't

Also, which PS3 barcode do they want? There seems to be 2 barcodes on the PS3 packaging.
post #168 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truespeed View Post

I'm still trying to decide between Babel and The Italian Job. One is an Oscar nominated film and the other isn't

Also, which PS3 barcode do they want? There seems to be 2 barcodes on the PS3 packaging.

which one has the better audio?
post #169 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truespeed View Post

Also, which PS3 barcode do they want? There seems to be 2 barcodes on the PS3 packaging.


DITTO! I cut one out and through away the box. I didn't even think of looking for another?!

Can someone post which bar code they used or the UPS numbers on it?
post #170 of 225
Here's a tip to create a legit receipt. Order a PS3 from circuitcity.com and choose store pickup. After you get online pickup receipt simply cancel the order and voila you got a receipt from CC for PS3. Note that your credit card will be charged and refunded. I guess this will only work if you have a PS3 already since you still need the UPC code.
post #171 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyxavs View Post

which one has the better audio?


Babel
Quote:


'Babel' is presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround at 640kbps, though unfortunately, that's only about half of the 1.5mbps that its HD DVD counterpart receives. Why Paramount continues to offer such diminished audio on its Blu-ray releases remains a mystery. However, in the case of 'Babel,' I can't say it makes much of a difference. The film's sound design is restrained, and even after a fresh comparison between the two soundtracks given their disparate bitrates, I can't promise you'll get much in the way of blockbuster audio here. (Still, I'm knocking the Blu-ray audio rating down a half-a-star versus the HD DVD, just on principal, Paramount!)

The Italian Job
Quote:


Paramount gifts 'The Italian Job' with a Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track encoded at 640kbps, though unfortunately the film suffers from surprisingly average sound design. I'd say that this track on par with its Dolby Digital-Plus cousin on the HD DVD version, but that's not a huge compliment as the mix is rather lacking in excitement. (Note: Though the back of the Blu-ray box says there is a DTS 5.1 surround track included, it doesn't seem to be on the disc, at least that I could find.)

Looks like they're equal in the sound department.


BTW, The Italian Job (the updated one) scored 73% on RT while Babel only scored 68%
post #172 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiburonTurbo View Post

DITTO! I cut one out and through away the box. I didn't even think of looking for another?!

Can someone post which bar code they used or the UPS numbers on it?

I'm guessing it's the barcode that's printed on the box. The other barcode (containing the PS3 serial #) seems to be just a sticker. I'm guessing the printed barcode (large one) is the one they want. Can anyone confirm this?
post #173 of 225
Can you make a copy of the upc code on the box? If not, how would a return for a defective unit work once you cut it from the box?

Just curious what is going to happen to the people that send all the materials in and then have a problem with their player.

My 5 movies I will be choosing are.
Chicken Little
Corpse Bride
Babel
Transporter 2
Underworld Evolution

I have no interest in owning Bable, but out of that group it seems to have the highest asking price, so I figure I can use it to trade for another good movie.

Going with Chicken Little because of the tier rating on it. Just to have it I guess. Category 5 is pretty bad. Transporter 2 is about the only thing I think I would want to own.
post #174 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by micah323 View Post

Can you make a copy of the upc code on the box? If not, how would a return for a defective unit work once you cut it from the box?

Just curious what is going to happen to the people that send all the materials in and then have a problem with their player.

My 5 movies I will be choosing are.
Chicken Little
Corpse Bride
Babel
Transporter 2
Underworld Evolution

I have no interest in owning Bable, but out of that group it seems to have the highest asking price, so I figure I can use it to trade for another good movie.

Going with Chicken Little because of the tier rating on it. Just to have it I guess. Category 5 is pretty bad. Transporter 2 is about the only thing I think I would want to own.

They want the original UPC.
post #175 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by micah323 View Post

Can you make a copy of the upc code on the box? If not, how would a return for a defective unit work once you cut it from the box?


Most stores only allow for a 30 day return on items. Just wait until your 30 days are up and then cut out the bar code and submit the rebate. When I bought my A2 I waited until I was certain I was going to keep it and the 30 days was up before I cut up the box and submitted.
post #176 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by micah323 View Post

Can you make a copy of the upc code on the box? If not, how would a return for a defective unit work once you cut it from the box?

Buy it from Costco, you don't even need the box to return it!
post #177 of 225
I cut the cardboard for the UPC and threw away the box afterward. So the second UPC he was referring to is a sticker and isn't what is needed, right?

I was really hoping I didn't cut the wrong one out and threw out the correct one. Gahh.
post #178 of 225
Anyone else have a UPC that's in Spanish? I just picked up a PS3 yesterday from Costco.

My UPC on the box was covered with white paper sticker. When I removed it, on top it says "POS BAR CODE" and underneath the upc number is "POUR UTILISATEUR".

Next to this label there's a sticker with a "UC2" number and serial number. Do they need this too? I might send them both.
post #179 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truespeed View Post

Babel


The Italian Job


Looks like they're equal in the sound department.


BTW, The Italian Job (the updated one) scored 73% on RT while Babel only scored 68%

most of these movies are lame i am choosing "devils rejects" from this group at least i'll get some high def eye candy from sheri moon zombi
post #180 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton. View Post

Anyone else have a UPC that's in Spanish? I just picked up a PS3 yesterday from Costco.

My UPC on the box was covered with white paper sticker. When I removed it, on top it says "POS BAR CODE" and underneath the upc number is "POUR UTILISATEUR".

Next to this label there's a sticker with a "UC2" number and serial number. Do they need this too? I might send them both.

You're joking, right? POS = Point of Sale. POUR UTILISATEUR is French for Point of Sale.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › 5 Free Blu Rays With Receipt