or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread - Page 471

post #14101 of 15021
Considering the JBL ES30BK as my front mains as opposed the Cambridge S30s or Wharfdale 10.2s due to the larger driver. I've searched this thread and the general thoughts on these are positive. I already have JBL Leviton surrounds mounted and they're okay, so if I could have matching branded fronts, aesthetically, that'd be cool.

I found a great deal on them direct from JBL for $100 each. Should I pull the trigger?
post #14102 of 15021
The JBL ES30 speakers are tremendous performers - go for it!
Of all in the ES series I own, I was most impressed witht he ES30.,
I mean I expected the ES100s to sound 'big & great', but the ES30s were a VERY nice surprise!
(I have another pair I bought for a basement 2 channel system as the mains).
I might pick up another pair to have in reserve they're THAT good.

Deals abound right now because JBL is phasing out the ES series after 6 years in production...so grab them while you can.
post #14103 of 15021
Thats some high praise.

I'm a fan of using an identical bookshelf as the center as well. Does anyone know where I could buy a single ES30?

Wish I had room for the ES100s, those look sick!
post #14104 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIMonster View Post

Thats some high praise.

I'm a fan of using an identical bookshelf as the center as well. Does anyone know where I could buy a single ES30?

Wish I had room for the ES100s, those look sick!

Buy an extra PAIR of ES30s, and use an RCA splitter and external amp and drive two center speakers , one on each side of your screen.
Or use the extra in a 6.1 system set up. There's a few ways to do it.
post #14105 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Norseman View Post

Buy an extra PAIR of ES30s, and use an RCA splitter and external amp and drive two center speakers , one on each side of your screen.
Or use the extra in a 6.1 system set up. There's a few ways to do it.

I'd keep the extra as a parts mule or the rear in a 6.1. You can run into some trouble trying to run two in-phase centers, especially at the same height, as they'll cancel and reinforce each other at certain points and frequencies.
post #14106 of 15021
I have a question for all you JBL fans. Is it worth it to upgrade from a ES to a Studio L? My dream was always to get hold of a L890 for front, LC2 center and L820 rear, but im doubting more and more because of my experiences with my LC2.

My setup as it is now:

Yamaha Aventage A1010
Front: JBL ES80
Center: JBL EC35 or JBL LC2 (I have both to compare)
Surround: 2x JBL ES20
Sub: Klipsch RW-12D

I guess everybody assumes that the Studio L should sound better because of the better parts and higher price. I agree mostly, as I've opened up my LC2 and it has nice cast drivers, an elaborate crossover, and looks and feels more expensive than the ES-line, with better parts and all.

But im not fully satisfied with the LC2 and feel that the EC35 sounds better? How is that possible for a much cheaper Northridge speaker, or is the EC35 that good?

I found the sensitivity to be very low on the LC2, it needs much more volume to understand the dialogue. Like +6 db versus the EC35, my ES20 are 86db and are almost onpar with the LC2 while its rated for 92db! Disappointing.

The LC2 has a full titanium tweeter and should be superior vs the EC35/ES but I find it too harsh and lacking "airy-ness". Especially with female vocals, the "S" is very harsh. The EC35/ES doesnt have this problem and even sounds more airy than the LC2 with a far inferior tweeter setup. Also the midrange, EC35 has a 3" mid which somehow sounds "fuller" than the 4" in LC2. Didnt expect that.

Of all my speakers, I like the ES80 best. I really like it alot, it is very airy in the high-end and not harsh at all. Midrange is exceptional, a bit too much but I can live with that as it creates a very lively speaker. Bass is also impressive, but 2*8'' would be better tho for my large room.

So i was wondering if the L890 is really an upgrade from the ES80, or should i go for an ES90. I've never heard the L890 and they are not sold nearby so cannot listen to them; i have to buy them blind. Because of my experience with the LC2, im doubting to upgrade to a L890. Is the L890 similair in harshness and sensitity as the LC2? I hope some JBL fans here upgraded from a ES to a Studio L and can tell me their experiences.
Edited by InfinityG35 - 6/9/13 at 6:15am
post #14107 of 15021
Hello !!!

I am the pride owner of a JBL Synthesis Project Array (1400 - 880 - 800 and 1500)

I use as a pre the Onkyo PR SC5508 and Hypex DIY amplifiers (5*240 W)

I am thinking about biamping-triampling the front and central speakers.

I wanted to use the DBX Drive Rack PA+ to do the crossover and eq. Does anyone Know if this product at this Price range is the ideal one??. My idea was to use 2 of them and equalize the SW too.

Any suggestions regarding biamping-triamping (I do not know how it is done in these speakers without removing a lot of screws....).

My following step would be to buy new amplifiers but to be honest I have had Parasound, Adcom and Emotiva and this Hypex DIY are very very good.

Thanks in advance
post #14108 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityG35 View Post

I have a question for all you JBL fans. Is it worth it to upgrade from a ES to a Studio L? My dream was always to get hold of a L890 for front, LC2 center and L820 rear, but im doubting more and more because of my experiences with my LC2.

My setup as it is now:

Yamaha Aventage A1010
Front: JBL ES80
Center: JBL EC35 or JBL LC2 (I have both to compare)
Surround: 2x JBL ES20
Sub: Klipsch RW-12D

I guess everybody assumes that the Studio L should sound better because of the better parts and higher price. I agree mostly, as I've opened up my LC2 and it has nice cast drivers, an elaborate crossover, and looks and feels more expensive than the ES-line, with better parts and all.

But im not fully satisfied with the LC2 and feel that the EC35 sounds better? How is that possible for a much cheaper Northridge speaker, or is the EC35 that good?

I found the sensitivity to be very low on the LC2, it needs much more volume to understand the dialogue. Like +6 db versus the EC35, my ES20 are 86db and are almost onpar with the LC2 while its rated for 92db! Disappointing.

The LC2 has a full titanium tweeter and should be superior vs the EC35/ES but I find it too harsh and lacking "airy-ness". Especially with female vocals, the "S" is very harsh. The EC35/ES doesnt have this problem and even sounds more airy than the LC2 with a far inferior tweeter setup. Also the midrange, EC35 has a 3" mid which somehow sounds "fuller" than the 4" in LC2. Didnt expect that.

Of all my speakers, I like the ES80 best. I really like it alot, it is very airy in the high-end and not harsh at all. Midrange is exceptional, a bit too much but I can live with that as it creates a very lively speaker. Bass is also impressive, but 2*8'' would be better tho for my large room.

So i was wondering if the L890 is really an upgrade from the ES80, or should i go for an ES90. I've never heard the L890 and they are not sold nearby so cannot listen to them; i have to buy them blind. Because of my experience with the LC2, im doubting to upgrade to a L890. Is the L890 similair in harshness and sensitity as the LC2? I hope some JBL fans here upgraded from a ES to a Studio L and can tell me their experiences.

My speaker system is all ES series JBLs (check out my HT & Equipment link), except for my center speaker - formerly an ES25C, now replaced with the LC2. I think it was a big upgrade from the ES25C, and I was always disappointed that JBL didn't include a 'ES35C' in their newest series (perhaps the older EC35 didn't sell well?).
Anyway, I really like the LC2 as my new center, and I think the highs are very nice, and the low end extension is much further and more solid that my old ES25C.
But I agree with you that the 92db sensitivity rating of the LC2 is a myth - because this center is a real power hog!
I have an Emotiva XPR-5 external amp driving my HT system - rated at 400 watts x 5, and by far, the LC2 shows the most power usage going by the LED readouts on this amp. I also had to boost the center volume by +5db for the CBL/Sat source.
But with these adjustments it sounds great, and is a decent timbre match with my ES100 fronts.

But for your set up with the RX-A1010 (which is a nice AVR by the way), the EC35 might be a better match in regards of amplifier demand.
Also, since the A1010 has a full set of pre-outs, you might consider driving your system with an external amplifier like the Emotiva XPA-5, at 200w x 5 (on sale right now for $810!), http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/xpa5
and then stick with the LC2...that extra power will let you drive any speakers you might switch to in the future also.
(The extra power will really bring your ES80s & ES20s alive too!)
post #14109 of 15021
Does any one know of a JBL center channel that would work nicely with a L/R JBL Pro 3677 set?

Due to space I can only go in wall or horizontal, that's the problem.

Or -- what about turning the 3677 180 degrees so the tweeter is on the bottom?
Edited by pdxrealtor - 6/10/13 at 7:12pm
post #14110 of 15021
+1....amp them. Btw take the speaker out of the cabinet, they are quite large magnets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Norseman View Post

My speaker system is all ES series JBLs (check out my HT & Equipment link), except for my center speaker - formerly an ES25C, now replaced with the LC2. I think it was a big upgrade from the ES25C, and I was always disappointed that JBL didn't include a 'ES35C' in their newest series (perhaps the older EC35 didn't sell well?).
Anyway, I really like the LC2 as my new center, and I think the highs are very nice, and the low end extension is much further and more solid that my old ES25C.
But I agree with you that the 92db sensitivity rating of the LC2 is a myth - because this center is a real power hog!
I have an Emotiva XPR-5 external amp driving my HT system - rated at 400 watts x 5, and by far, the LC2 shows the most power usage going by the LED readouts on this amp. I also had to boost the center volume by +5db for the CBL/Sat source.
But with these adjustments it sounds great, and is a decent timbre match with my ES100 fronts.

But for your set up with the RX-A1010 (which is a nice AVR by the way), the EC35 might be a better match in regards of amplifier demand.
Also, since the A1010 has a full set of pre-outs, you might consider driving your system with an external amplifier like the Emotiva XPA-5, at 200w x 5 (on sale right now for $810!), http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/xpa5
and then stick with the LC2...that extra power will let you drive any speakers you might switch to in the future also.
(The extra power will really bring your ES80s & ES20s alive too!)
post #14111 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by javierschmidt View Post

Hello !!!

I am the pride owner of a JBL Synthesis Project Array (1400 - 880 - 800 and 1500)

I use as a pre the Onkyo PR SC5508 and Hypex DIY amplifiers (5*240 W)

I am thinking about biamping-triampling the front and central speakers.

I wanted to use the DBX Drive Rack PA+ to do the crossover and eq. Does anyone Know if this product at this Price range is the ideal one??. My idea was to use 2 of them and equalize the SW too.

Any suggestions regarding biamping-triamping (I do not know how it is done in these speakers without removing a lot of screws....).

My following step would be to buy new amplifiers but to be honest I have had Parasound, Adcom and Emotiva and this Hypex DIY are very very good.

Thanks in advance


Great stuff -- others can opine on the multi-amping, but not sure it will improve on what is already an amazing system. Enjoy!smile.gif
post #14112 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by javierschmidt View Post

Hello !!!

I am the pride owner of a JBL Synthesis Project Array (1400 - 880 - 800 and 1500)



I am thinking about biamping-triampling the front and central speakers.

I wanted to use the DBX Drive Rack PA+ to do the crossover and eq. Does anyone Know if this product at this Price range is the ideal one??. My idea was to use 2 of them and equalize the SW too.

Any suggestions regarding biamping-triamping (I do not know how it is done in these speakers without removing a lot of screws....).

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by howaboutthat41 View Post

Great stuff -- others can opine on the multi-amping, but not sure it will improve on what is already an amazing system. Enjoy!smile.gif

Congratulations on your Project Array Series system. smile.gif

Everything (and the only thing) you need to know about bi-amping them is contained in two diagrams here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?23763-Bi-amping-the-JBL-Model-1400-Array

Be sure to read the notes at the bottom left of each chart.

Don't waste any time trying the tri-amp route. It's a waste of time and a big bag of hurt. Bi-amping is a challenge but can result in an improvement if done right, or a mess if done wrong. The charts referenced in the link are provided by the system's designer, Greg Timbers, and represent the best effort for improvement. You can probably accomplish the correct voltage drive curve with the DBX; I don't know it well enough to say for certain. A BSS FDS366T Ultradrive will do it if you've got a few grand to invest, and you take the time to master the software.

The most effective and easiest improvement for a 1400 Array is to leave the current networks alone and increase the quality of the amplification. By quality, I'm not referencing a particular brand or topology; rather, a level of design and build quality, including a beefy toroidal transformer, differential drive, common mode rejection, lower noise and distortion, fast slew rate, stable to at least 2 Ohms... 200W continuous should be plenty, 300W even better with both channels driven from 20Hz to 20kHz simultaneously (in a two-channel amp, obviously).

The next most effective improvement would be calibrated integration with those 1500 Arrays so the LE14H-3 woofers in the 1400s can shine within a narrower frequency range. I'm sure the DBX will assist you with this, but so will the sub's built-in controls and your pre or receiver's bass management.

(This all assumes you've placed the loudspeakers in the right place and done at least basic room treatments. Otherwise, that's the place to start.)
post #14113 of 15021
Hi All,

I lurk over at LH but thought I'd add my humble collection to the list here as well. I have a set of L5s, L3s, and L1s with an S2S sub (passive). My preamps are an Audio Research LS3 (2-channel) and a Yamaha RX-V667 (HT). The LS3 feeds an Ashly XR1001 crossover (set to about 45Hz). The high frequency output of the Ashly feeds a Yamaha PC2002M amp which in turn feeds the L5s. The low frequency output from the Ashly is mono-summed and feeds a bridged Yamaha P2500S amp for the S2S sub.

However, what I am most excited about is that I will shortly be taking delivery of a brand new set of Array 800 stand mounted speakers. I am getting ready to move into a new house and my two systems will be separated. The 800s will be the mains in the 2-channel system (along with the S2S sub for now) and the L5s will stay the mains in the HT system. I will see how well I can integrate the S2S with the 800s. Ultimately I would like to pick up an Array 1500 (or two, in a perfect world) to replace the S2S. Just wanted to give a wave and say "Hello". Cheers!
Edited by slackusr - 6/14/13 at 6:06pm
post #14114 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityG35 View Post

I have a question for all you JBL fans. Is it worth it to upgrade from a ES to a Studio L? My dream was always to get hold of a L890 for front, LC2 center and L820 rear, but im doubting more and more because of my experiences with my LC2.

Did some more elaborate testing this week, comparing the EC35 and LC2 back and forth and my opinion has changed a bit.

First, I felt the EC35 was superior to the LC2. This is no longer the case. Differences I can clearly spot now are the more detailed male voices compared to the EC35, that is the biggest improvement of the LC2. Male voices are better sounding, more extension on the low end and therefore clearer. The LC2 is somewhat more retreat than the EC35, therefore showing less details, but it has a wider soundstage and is less boxy sounding. The midrange driver is great, probably the best unit of the LC2. Only dissapointment still is the Titanium tweet, it sounds a bit harsh and not so airy; a shame the Mylar UHF is crossed over at 20khz, in the ES series it is used from 12khz onwards, which sounds really airy. Also the bass is a bit blobby (for music) and weak with my Aventage A1010, so probably need more power for that (and i probably need to wall mount).

Anyways, still looking for a L890. I am interested in the inside of the L890 before I buy. Im always curious to the quality of the parts used inside wink.gif I have found a french website showing the inside of the L890 with parts and all and i'm still a bit curious, as it looks not so impressive, especially the Crossover which looks a bit niffy compared to my ES80, drivers are great tho.

http://vintage-jbl.forumpro.fr/t767-jbl-l890-studio-series

The older unit shown has no magnetic shielding it seems, I guess new units have this? My 2009 ES80 surely has, but i know older ES dont have this. Not a big deal but im curious. Also do the L890 still use the blue Hingtat caps? My 2009 LC2 has them. My ES80 uses Sounder Sound caps, which is more commonly used by other manufacturers it seems. The new studio 1xx and 5xx also use Sounder Sound, no more Hingtat.

Finally, how is the bracing of the inside of the L890? Because I heard some rumours that the L890 has a "lively" box?

Maybe someone here has opened up his L880/L890? Would be great so see them biggrin.gif
Edited by InfinityG35 - 6/16/13 at 1:29pm
post #14115 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityG35 View Post

Did some more elaborate testing this week, comparing the EC35 and LC2 back and forth and my opinion has changed a bit.

First, I felt the EC35 was superior to the LC2. This is no longer the case. Differences I can clearly spot now are the more detailed male voices compared to the EC35, that is the biggest improvement of the LC2. Male voices are better sounding, more extension on the low end and therefore clearer. The LC2 is somewhat more retreat than the EC35, therefore showing less details, but it has a wider soundstage and is less boxy sounding.

Any comparison of 5" vs 6" woofers will always come out in favor of the 6". Add the somewhat cavernous cabinet of the LC2 and you have a winner.
post #14116 of 15021
I am currently running L&R 890s , LC2 Center and 820 L&R surrounds.

I am constantly impressed with the soundstage that is created by this L Series speaker combination.

I can highly recommend , all of them.

Just my 2 cents.
post #14117 of 15021
Quote:
Anyways, still looking for a L890. I am interested in the inside of the L890 before I buy. Im always curious to the quality of the parts used inside I have found a french website showing the inside of the L890 with parts and all and i'm still a bit curious, as it looks not so impressive, especially the Crossover which looks a bit niffy compared to my ES80, drivers are great tho.

JBL has never been known to spend much on XOs. The exception being the Charged-Coupled™ Networks used in the K2 and Everest models. Which I can say ARE improvements, as I built Biased XOs for my custom212s.
post #14118 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by filecat13 View Post


Congratulations on your Project Array Series system. smile.gif

Everything (and the only thing) you need to know about bi-amping them is contained in two diagrams here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?23763-Bi-amping-the-JBL-Model-1400-Array

Be sure to read the notes at the bottom left of each chart.

Don't waste any time trying the tri-amp route. It's a waste of time and a big bag of hurt. Bi-amping is a challenge but can result in an improvement if done right, or a mess if done wrong. The charts referenced in the link are provided by the system's designer, Greg Timbers, and represent the best effort for improvement. You can probably accomplish the correct voltage drive curve with the DBX; I don't know it well enough to say for certain. A BSS FDS366T Ultradrive will do it if you've got a few grand to invest, and you take the time to master the software.

The most effective and easiest improvement for a 1400 Array is to leave the current networks alone and increase the quality of the amplification. By quality, I'm not referencing a particular brand or topology; rather, a level of design and build quality, including a beefy toroidal transformer, differential drive, common mode rejection, lower noise and distortion, fast slew rate, stable to at least 2 Ohms... 200W continuous should be plenty, 300W even better with both channels driven from 20Hz to 20kHz simultaneously (in a two-channel amp, obviously).

The next most effective improvement would be calibrated integration with those 1500 Arrays so the LE14H-3 woofers in the 1400s can shine within a narrower frequency range. I'm sure the DBX will assist you with this, but so will the sub's built-in controls and your pre or receiver's bass management.

(This all assumes you've placed the loudspeakers in the right place and done at least basic room treatments. Otherwise, that's the place to start.)

First of all, thanks to both of you for taking the time to answer.

My intention is to use 2 DBX Drive Rack PA+ ( 1 for the fronts and 1 for the center and SW) to match the woofers in the 1400 to the 1500. I have already made some test with analogic JBL filters and to my ear and short knowledge there was a clear improvement but I had no stereo eq. I really see no difference in HT but in stereo the difference was huge.

I have already tried Emotiva, Parasound and Adcom amps but I did not see any improvement compared to the Hypex. Most likely, if I were to use better amps I would sense a new improvement, but the Price tag is off limits unless I win the lottery (and first I have to buy a ticket....)

Regarding the use of BSS... that is off limits too. But I appreciate the input, other suggestions will be appreciated

Using the DBX is a cheap and effective way to be closer to what I want

Thanks in advance
post #14119 of 15021
Thinking about buying myself a Father's Day gift (a bit late). Currently have a NCenterII and S312's up front and N24II for rears.

Father's Day gift for myself would be a LC2 to replace my center for just under $290 shipped.

I'm should not even worry about the little bit of mismatch for that price, right?
post #14120 of 15021
That's a reasonable move, IMO, as long as you can accept the fact that once you do that you'll be tempted to go for new surrounds and new fronts, too. Sure, you'll resist for a while, but slowly the idea works its way so deep inside that... eek.gif
post #14121 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by filecat13 View Post

That's a reasonable move, IMO, as long as you can accept the fact that once you do that you'll be tempted to go for new surrounds and new fronts, too. Sure, you'll resist for a while, but slowly the idea works its way so deep inside that... eek.gif

It happens to the best of us. biggrin.gif
post #14122 of 15021
Aaah, you guys caught on to my master plan! LC2 for center, then L820 for surrounds. Then finally new fronts!
Thanks.
post #14123 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestang View Post

Thinking about buying myself a Father's Day gift (a bit late). Currently have a NCenterII and S312's up front and N24II for rears.

Father's Day gift for myself would be a LC2 to replace my center for just under $290 shipped.

I'm should not even worry about the little bit of mismatch for that price, right?

I bought the LC2 to replace my ES25C center channel and its been a very nice upgrade.
It seems to be a decently close match to my ES100 front speakers, though be fore warned - the LC2 (despite its published sensitivity rating of 92db) is a real power pig!
I'd say its much closer to 85db or 86db...

(The LC2 at $290 is a great price BTW...).
post #14124 of 15021
Long time reader first time, er, poster?

Let me first say that I hold all AVSForum members responsible for convincing me to ditch my initial idea of getting a nice energy classic 5.1 system and instead get a L/R tower front soundstage. Also, despite my countless hours reading these forum threads the past couple months, I'm about as green as you can get in the hifi world and am graduating from a 2.1 Sony soundbar setup to my current purchase.

That being said, I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of JBL ES80s that were on sale through Frys and are scheduled to arrive at my place tomorrow and I have a couple questions regarding the receiver and passive bi-amping. Everything I read on the two pairs of towers I had researched (the JBL ES80s and the Boston Acoustics A 360s) suggested they're both power hungry monsters that need to be fed and fed well in order to get the best sound possible. Based on that I've narrowed my receiver decision and am looking for any input/advice/receiver endorsements you guys think is appropiate.

Harman Kardon AVR1710
Denon AVR-1913 (refurb)
Onkyo TX-NR709 (refurb)

The Harman is a company discount I can get for just over $400 and that's literally the most I'm willing to pay for a receiver at the moment. I understand the Pioneer d-class amp 1222K is the bees' knees but I'm REALLY stretching my budget as it is to get to the $400 price point and would much prefer to not even go that high up if possible.

Which is why I bring up the passive bi-amp point. Not trying to start another conversation on the subject. I know some people swear by it and some people say it's just a bunch of voodoo corporate magic. All I am asking in regards to this subject is the realistic expectation of getting a little more juice from the receiver to the front towers. I've read that if you have assignable amps you can re-direct the side or back two channels to passively bi-amp the front towers. I know it won't double the amp output but would it increase the output by 10-15 watts? For instance, if I had a 7.2 channel receiver that had 100w to the LR speakers, would passive bi-amping bump that up to 110-115w or is that voodoo as well?

Any info and/or critiques of my thought process are welcome. Honestly not trying to beat a dead horse about the bi-amping issue and just want to get the most hp for the dollar when powering these new speakers. Thanks in advance!
post #14125 of 15021
Since receiver amps are always rated at only '2 channels driven', and because all channels come off of a single power supply anyways - bi-amping is of limited value.
I used to have a Yamaha RX-V1900 (130w x 2) which is a very nice AVR, but I could tell no difference when bi-amped, or just with a single feed to each L/R speaker.
Get some decent quality 12GA speaker cables (like from Blue Jeans Cable), and don't worry about it.

You can always do it anyway, won't hurt anything...
post #14126 of 15021
Also have an RX-V1900 and so does a very good mate. Great amp and still fine if you aren't into 3D (which I'm not). Better than the STR-DA5200 that I made Sony take back due to an obnoxiously high noise floor when decoding surround sound. Anyways - biamping. I tend to agree with everything in this link...

http://www.chuckhawks.com/bi-wire_bi-amp.htm
post #14127 of 15021
The ES80 is built for bi-wire, but not for a true bi-amp, so nothing to be gained there.
post #14128 of 15021
i hate to quote posts from months ago, but i'm seeing alot of positive comments on ES30s. I am considering a zone2 upgrade from Infinity Primus 153s, but i'm seeing some such good comments, i wonder if the ES30s would replace my Infinity 363s? I have Onkyo 818 and a SVS SB12-NSD sub. any opinions on that, or should i start a new thread perhaps?
post #14129 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMasta View Post

i hate to quote posts from months ago, but i'm seeing alot of positive comments on ES30s. I am considering a zone2 upgrade from Infinity Primus 153s, but i'm seeing some such good comments, i wonder if the ES30s would replace my Infinity 363s? I have Onkyo 818 and a SVS SB12-NSD sub. any opinions on that, or should i start a new thread perhaps?

Virtually any of the 6.5" 2/3-way models are excellent speakers. S26, ES30, L830, etc.

But if I'm not mistaken your Infinity 363 is a 3-way tower with dual 6" woofers, so this is not a fair comparison. Now the Primus 153 is a 2-way 5" model that won't hold a candle to the above JBLs.
post #14130 of 15021
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Virtually any of the 6.5" 2/3-way models are excellent speakers. S26, ES30, L830, etc.

But if I'm not mistaken your Infinity 363 is a 3-way tower with dual 6" woofers, so this is not a fair comparison. Now the Primus 153 is a 2-way 5" model that won't hold a candle to the above JBLs.

yes, they would be to replace the 153s. What i meant to say was that all the boosting up of the ES30s make me wanna try them as mains with my more than capable sub in 2.1 and not only reserved for zone2.

ty for the input
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread