Recent Images In This Thread
- productBehringer EUROPOWER EP4000 Professional Amplifiertagged by HopefulFred, 12/6/13
- productOnkyo TX - NR609 7.2 Channel Network THX Certified A/V Receivertagged by HopefulFred, 12/6/13
- productPanasonic PTAE8000U HD Projectortagged by HopefulFred, 12/6/13
- productPSB IMAGE T6 Tower Floorstanding Speakertagged by HopefulFred, 12/6/13
- productSamsung BD-D6500/ZA D6500 Serivce/blue-ray Disc Player/3d Stereotagged by HopefulFred, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sanyo PLV-Z4 still going, not sure what I would upgrade to? Last post on 12/12/13 at 11:24am in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- ep2500 vs ep400 bridged mono switch settings Last post on 12/11/13 at 9:53pm in DIY Speakers and Subs
- The best way to connect Oppo 95 to Panasonic AE8000U, please help. Last post on 12/11/13 at 12:24pm in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- Projector setup vs. high-end TV for a small room? Last post on 12/12/13 at 6:38pm in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- Screen help for first time PJ owner Last post on 12/17/13 at 7:12pm in Dedicated Theater Design & Construction
The CopperFields Cinema - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks. I plan on posting some new pics tomorrow night. I just tore into our master bath I'm gutting all of the crap builder grade fixtures and building it the way it should have been in the first place. once thats done I can finish up the basement build.
Here is a photo of the bathroom when we first moved in 11/1/2004. Everything was brand new. It didnt take long for the shower to turn to crap with those cheap doors
Is that a flat screen tv in there? Ritzy!
I am in the same boat so don't feel too bad. Mrs. Danforth and I have completely destroyed our living room this weekend (and last week) redoing the ceilings, walls, trim, and a new stack of crown molding. :-p
All I've gotten done in the theatre this week is patching two drywall holes!
Already sold. I have a pair of lilmike designed Cinema F20s that need a dedicated theater or AT screen that want to find a home though!!!
Working on DIY subs again.
Anyways, Scott need to see your basement when totally finished...
Scott, you haven't seen the finished ht? We can certainly remedy that...
I have to keep mama happy and the bathroom needs to be done before I can finish the basement as I have plumbing to move.
It is and we will probably upgrade as that is a 19" 720P I thought about putting one in the shower
when the Bleeding is finished. I mite think of upgrading my sub. First purchase is going to be big TV for the basement
Are you talking about your HT as I have not seen it finished.
Here are a few photo's of where I'm at
The toilet will be relocated to where my shop vac is sitting and the room that it is being moved from will become one large shower bigger then my new basement shower this project has to be done first before I can finish up the basement build as I'm having plumbing moved around so thats whats holding up finishing the drywall in the basement.
I had a pretty easy time at getting the tile and backerboard up. I ran my skill saw down the grout line with a concrete blade. I used my shop vac to suck the dust as I cut worked pretty slick.
This weekend I'm going to install all my electrical can lights and new bath fan possibly the new double hung window. Tile came in yesterday. Once the plumbers are finished my floor guy can get in to pour the shower pan. I decided to hire out some of this to get it done quickly.
Side by Side
Nice! We did 3 heads in ours and to this day have no idea why we didn't do a rain head! We never use then together though. Once in a while I'll use 2. My basement steam shower is getting I pt a railhead and handheld this time.
Very cool though. Good much finishing up!
U in yard mode yet due to the early warm weather?
So far we have about 11k into this bath and probably another $1600 when all is said and done. I also went with a all in one quartz urethane grout as its pre mixed and real easy to use. Its allot more expensive then the grout you have to mix but the time saved is worth the extra cost. no sealing required.
Here is the link if anyone has never heard of this type of grout.
Tsk tsk... I can't believe you added it all up! I'm too nervous to calculate how much my room has cost. The most committal I'll get about my theatre is "Idunno, a hundred here, a couple hundred there..."
But it was worth it. That room is nice!
I have not spent all my time in the bathroom I got quite a bit done in the basement also. Before drywall I ran HDMI cables to all TV locations in the basement. I wanted to be able to split off my component rack and watch movies or TV on all TVs in the basement at the same time. Fall Football is going to ROCK
Hallway leading to the Theater. I installed 4" can lights close along the wall for movie posters.
In this corner we are going to have a restaurant booth note the electrical box's mid way up the wall a small TV will mount above the table.
Next to the Booth kitchen cabinets with a sink and dishwasher will be installed up to the fridge and a few upper cabinets right of the window.
in the far corner a 60" 3D TV will live.
On this wall a 55" TV will be mounted for a Arcade game pedestal
Edited by W00lly - 1/14/13 at 8:07am
The theater space is looking good too. Like the down wash from the new cans and really like the layout of your space. Really like the wall color as well. Very nice.
I bought these Subs from DesertDome right before our theater meet and greet in October and have to say I'm pretty happy with them. They are DIY Dual Opposed with MFW-15 drivers for a total of eight 15" drivers
Edited by W00lly - 1/14/13 at 8:35am
- The CopperFields Cinema
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Official Xbox One thread... 14 seconds ago
- › Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Headphones : MINT condition in box 59 seconds ago
- › Wii U - Hyrule Warriors Teaser Trailer 1 minute ago
- › vizio m550vse HELP 2 minutes ago
- › Sony VPL HW50ES or VPL HW55ES 2 minutes ago
- › The Pinball Arcade - the ultimate pinball simulator! (PSV / PS3 / PS4) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Power Sound Audio Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony VPL-vw1000 3 minutes ago
- › ADA Cinema Rapture Vs. Others 4 minutes ago
- › ZVOX 580 Low-Profile Single-Cabinet Surround Sound System with... by adam1991
- › Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black) by salfirebird92
- › Pioneer SP-SB23W Andrew Jones Soundbar System by drfreeman60
- › White Christmas [Blu-ray] by cristina7
- › Sony HTST7 HD Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer by smail.nathan
- › Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120) by S-curvy
- › 2 6.5" 175-Watt Lcr Spkr. by Urmomdotcom
- › Polk Audio RTI A3 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair, Cherry) by wtxgringo
- › Polk Audio RTI A5 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by wtxgringo
- › VIZIO M471i-A2 47-inch Smart LED HDTV by JNavas
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars of... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Projectors from 2013 by skehoe
- › Top Blu-rays for 2013 by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 7 Blu-ray Players of 2013 by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 5 Plasma TVs of 2013 by skehoe
- › Ron's Amazing Upgraded HD Effect Pen Camera by rolgin28