or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Players › Has ANYONE received their 5 free HD-DVD's from Toshiba?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has ANYONE received their 5 free HD-DVD's from Toshiba? - Page 45

post #1321 of 1448
Five months after sending in my coupon, finally received mine:

Babel
Children of Men
Apollo 12
Blood Diamond
Billy Madison

Not one of these were in my original picks, but I'd say they are all superior (except Billy Madison... anyone want a sealed copy?)

Larry Marshall
post #1322 of 1448
...meant Apollo 13...

Larry Marshall
post #1323 of 1448
If you are giving it away free, I will take it.

Or if you are trading, I have an extra sealed copy of the Italian Job.

Let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallmedia View Post

Five months after sending in my coupon, finally received mine:

Babel
Children of Men
Apollo 12
Blood Diamond
Billy Madison

Not one of these were in my original picks, but I'd say they are all superior (except Billy Madison... anyone want a sealed copy?)

Larry Marshall
post #1324 of 1448
Anyone have Full Metal jacket? Of course it is the only 1 of the 5 I really wanted. I have for trade Blood Dimond, Mission Impossible, Bable and the Vin Diesel movie. All still sealed. Also Casino but I opened it but did not play it as I have it already.
Anyone with Full Metal jacket let me know, I will give 2 for 1.
post #1325 of 1448
Well, I just called. Two weeks until they ship. I must admit that I am really surprised how friendly they are when you call.
post #1326 of 1448
I sent the form on March 12. Got the discs on June 4. Four of the five were the ones I selected. The fifth was Bourne Identity, duplicating one of the discs that came in the box. All in all, not too bad.
post #1327 of 1448
Just called, mine is still "being processed". They did, however, have all of my information on file, so thats reassuring. I sent my offer in towards the end of February.
post #1328 of 1448
Got the following 5 yesterday:
Italian Job (requested)
Smoking Aces
Blood Diamond
The Departed
World Trade Center

Mixed bag. . .
post #1329 of 1448
I finally got mine this week and only got one of the five request.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (requested)
Dune
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Under Siege (god thats been on tv a zillion times I think)
Transformers (already have it)

Oh well what do want fo $10.00!!
post #1330 of 1448
I finally got my 5 today after submitting my form in early Feb 2008. I got:

Doom
Swordfish (requested)
Italian Job (requested)
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Bulletproof

I had totally forgotten that I had submitted the form. I'm disappointed that they no longer had Darkman, The Thing, and The Frighteners which were the other three that I requested. Oh well, they were free.
post #1331 of 1448
I sent in my form on 3/3, and the discs arrived today. I called the "800 number" a week ago, and was told my order was waiting for a new shipment of titles.

Requested:
Aeon Flux
The Hulk
Swordfish
Firewall
Darkman


Received:
Lethal Weapon
The Departed
Children of Men
Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow
Bourne Identity


Already had Bourne Identity as a freebie with my A35, but the others are as good as the titles I'd ordered. At least they finally arrived!
post #1332 of 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmarchini View Post

Well, I just called. Two weeks until they ship. I must admit that I am really surprised how friendly they are when you call.

haha. they were the first time i called too. but the last time it sounded like the guy wanted to kill himself with the phone. im gonna keep calling every other week until it ships. haha.
post #1333 of 1448
got mine a couple of days ago. None of the ones I requested, but I'm happy with what I got.

Smokin aces combo format
Departed combo format
Lethal weapon
Next
Children of men combo format

Free is free is free.
post #1334 of 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerothehero View Post

got mine a couple of days ago. None of the ones I requested, but I'm happy with what I got.

Smokin aces combo format
Departed combo format
Lethal weapon
Next
Children of men combo format

Free is free is free.

combo format. score!
post #1335 of 1448
I called and was told "they will be shipping shortly" whatever that means. She couldn't give me a specific time frame. So maybe a week, maybe a month, maybe longer.
post #1336 of 1448
Got mine today.
Troy (asked for)
Italian Job (asked for)
Billy Madison(didn't ask for)
Lethal Weapon (didn't ask for)
Miami Vice (didn't)

At least I don't have any of them. Happy about LW, not so much the other two.
post #1337 of 1448
Today was a good day. I received my BestBuy gift card and my 5 free movies. I forgot all about them too.

Miami Vice - Didn't want (don't want)
Troy - Didn't want
Billy Madison - Didn't want
Charlie and Chocolate Factory - Wanted
Italian Job - Didn't want
post #1338 of 1448
Got mine yesterday, of course only one of them were requested. Only two of them I did not already have.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-wanted
Four Brothers-had
Children of Men-good movie will not complain
Billy Madison-had
Smokin Aces-had
post #1339 of 1448
POST CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Expected shipment before Sept 1, 2008

At first, I felt rather sad that I did not get anything yet like everyone else here did...but then I received this PC announcement that my shipment for the free HD DBVD movies will be delayed...

And they want to declare HD DVD a dead format...sometimes, you gotta wonder....
post #1340 of 1448
Thank you for your recent purchase of Toshiba's HD DVD player, we are confident that your new product will provide an exciting new high definition movie experience.
Our program offering free HD DVD movies has been a great success. Your claim for the free HD DVD movies has been received. Unfortunately due to such high demand your shipment will be delayed. Our suppliers have informed us that additional stock will be available shortly. Every attempy will be made to ship your orderr by the date indicated below.
Your HD DVD order is expected to ship before September 1, 2008.

This totally sucks. Sep. 1 2008??? I sent my rebate last day of Feb. and I'm still waiting for this HD DVD...
post #1341 of 1448
yeah, me too. but I guess we're being punished for sending in the form on the last day of this leap year....oh well
post #1342 of 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by natchie View Post

yeah, me too. but I guess we're being punished for sending in the form on the last day of this leap year....oh well

+1
post #1343 of 1448
Quote:


yeah, me too. but I guess we're being punished for sending in the form on the last day of this leap year....oh well

+1
post #1344 of 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_welchs View Post

Thank you for your recent purchase of Toshiba's HD DVD player, we are confident that your new product will provide an exciting new high definition movie experience.
Our program offering free HD DVD movies has been a great success. Your claim for the free HD DVD movies has been received. Unfortunately due to such high demand your shipment will be delayed. Our suppliers have informed us that additional stock will be available shortly. Every attempy will be made to ship your orderr by the date indicated below.
Your HD DVD order is expected to ship before September 1, 2008.

This totally sucks. Sep. 1 2008??? I sent my rebate last day of Feb. and I'm still waiting for this HD DVD...

haha. i guess everybody got theirs in the same day? i got my card in yesterday as well. september 1, 2008 seems like a bit of a stretch. i think im just gonna call tomorrow and check again. i want them in, at least before august. /fail
post #1345 of 1448
I called about a week ago they estimated another month or so...

Then I got one of the dreaded postcards yesterday...

Seriously? September? Wow...
post #1346 of 1448
I Turned mine in the very last day...
And just received today:
Got Troy Extended (asked)
Charlie and the Choco (asked)
U2 (Asked)
12 Monkeys (Definitely OK with that)
Sky Capitan and World.. (So So)
post #1347 of 1448
...the other day I have received the "before September 2008" notification card...
post #1348 of 1448
I just got mine. I forget when I sent it in (early March?), and also forget exactly what I asked for, but I think two of the five were ones I asked for.

Charlie & Chocolate Factory
Aeon Flux
The Departed
Troy - Director's Cut
Dawn of the Dead

Pretty good list including three I've never seen yet. I'm not a horror buff, and never saw Dawn of the Dead, but suspect that I'd much rather have Shaun of the Dead, which was hilarious.
post #1349 of 1448
Got mine on June 9th. Submitted March 29th.

Received 4 out of the 5 I asked for:
1. Aeon Flux
2. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
3. U2 Rattle and Hum
4. Troy Director's Cut
and the dreaded. . .
5. Bourne Identity (I now have three of these freebies!)

They were shipped via USPS Media Mail which took forever.

I guess I barely made it before they temporarily ran out of stock. The only one in my selection that I didn't get was The Hulk. Overall, I'm very happy! Free is good!
post #1350 of 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrojunkie View Post

I called about a week ago they estimated another month or so...

Then I got one of the dreaded postcards yesterday...

Seriously? September? Wow...

I won't mind the delay if I get the DVDs I actually ordered.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HD DVD Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Players › Has ANYONE received their 5 free HD-DVD's from Toshiba?