or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › The OFFICIAL Jamo Speaker Owner's thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OFFICIAL Jamo Speaker Owner's thread! - Page 110

post #3271 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post


The 607 doesnt walk all over the 606 or the 506 they get slightly better as you move up the line.

Bower please tell how you can know this without a decent drive & feed?Youre talking complete BS by saying the c607 are only slightly better than the s6/506.I have spent approx €6000 (tv incl) over the last 2 yrs getting my set-up to where it is now,which gives me a right to give an honest opinion,not some half baked post like:Wow im going to ask my brother if he wants the s506s.A day later:I think ive wasted money.....And BTW i dont twist what you say around,that was a lie.You seem to think your opinions are the only ones that matter (my impression).And some-times your assumptions are non-comprehendable,then when your asked to explain you get all defensive.As ive said before you carefully choose what to answer & what not to! I never want to argue with you,just chat,but for some reason i seem to get on your nerves on this thread,Remember its not personal for any of us here,just debates,and yes,sometimes they get heated,but its no reason to blow someone off like a fool with: oh right right
post #3272 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmifl View Post

HI, newbie here,
I'm looking at purchasing the A 320 HCS 6 for a new small home theater set up.
Looking for a recommendation on a receiver (not too expensive!).
Your suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

AFRO GT reckons the DENON 1911 is a good recommendation,he may be right
post #3273 of 5637
What's with all the grumpy people on this forum. Wow.
post #3274 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post

Anyone want to make some predictions?


Youre opening up a jamo shop?Well 1st defo C607 2nd c605,3rd e680,4th s606 & 5th s506.The c60 center matched with the c607.What do you think?
post #3275 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by maladjusted View Post

Bower please tell how you can know this without a decent drive & feed?Youre talking complete BS by saying the c607 are only slightly better than the s6/506.I have spent approx €6000 (tv incl) over the last 2 yrs getting my set-up to where it is now,which gives me a right to give an honest opinion,not some half baked post like:Wow im going to ask my brother if he wants the s506s.A day later:I think ive wasted money.....And BTW i dont twist what you say around,that was a lie.You seem to think your opinions are the only ones that matter (my impression).And some-times your assumptions are non-comprehendable,then when your asked to explain you get all defensive.As ive said before you carefully choose what to answer & what not to! I never want to argue with you,just chat,but for some reason i seem to get on your nerves on this thread,Remember its not personal for any of us here,just debates,and yes,sometimes they get heated,but its no reason to blow someone off like a fool with: oh right right


Exactly.

And that's the whole point.

Here's an analogy that I think encompasses what Bower does with these Jamo speakers.

Imagine getting yourself a good 1080p HD Plasma or LCD. Pluggin it in and then only plugging your cable box into it. Never trying a quality Blu-ray player and Blu-ray disc and then proclaiming that the picture quality of that tv is really not that great or only slightly better than your old traditional tube TV. All this based soley on a cable box feed.


That's what Bower does with his audio for his Jamo speakers.

He hooks them up to a not-so-good receiver, a fairly poor source player and then proclaims the C607 is only slightly better than the S606 and S506.

Then he tries to validate his comments by saying that those components feeding his Jamo speakers are good enough for him. And that's perfectly fine if it's all he needs to satisfy his own individual preferences, budget and tastes. I've never taken issue with anyone who plainly stated as such in that context.

But don't come on here making definitve and absolute evaluation proclamations and conclusions about these Jamo speakers, based on his weak chain of components. That's where I have always had an issue with his claims.

His gear, in no way, in no manner, is capable of driving and playing the C607 to their best capabilities.

Bower doesn't know what the C607 are truely capable of, because he's been feeding them the audio equivelent of a cable box signal.

And I know I've some times come off harsh and I apologize. But when you see the same person, saying the same ill-informed comments; it warrants a response.

As well, you don't go around telling people to do some thing that may potentially, permanently damage their speakers. That's irresponsible.
post #3276 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhayes76 View Post

What's with all the grumpy people on this forum. Wow.

Yeah that's why I avoid this thread. TjMV3 and Maladjusted are a bunch jokers. TjMV3 got all upset when i called this thread a "Vann's Jamo" thread because he has no other Jamo experience. Maladjusted likes to get in bed with TjMV3 and beat up on Bowers all day long. Unfortunately Afrogt, who i thought has been helpful in this thread, whines and moans when i say that i don't like Emotiva amplifiers (although he'll tell you that i damn the whole company).

It's their way or the highway and you cannot have an opinion of your own. It's unfortunate because i was rather excited when i first discovered the thread. I have not come across imbeciles like these three in any of the other several speaker threads i participate in here.
post #3277 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by shodulik View Post

Yeah that's why I avoid this thread. TjMV3 and Maladjusted are a bunch jokers. TjMV3 got all upset when i called this thread a "Vann's Jamo" thread because he has no other Jamo experience. Maladjusted likes to get in bed with TjMV3 and beat up on Bowers all day long. Unfortunately Afrogt, who i thought has been helpful in this thread, whines and moans when i say that i don't like Emotiva amplifiers (although he'll tell you that i damn the whole company).

It's their way or the highway and you cannot have an opinion of your own. It's unfortunate because i was rather excited when i first discovered the thread. I have not come across imbeciles like these three in any of the other several speaker threads i participate in here.

Interesting recollection you have there. Maybe we should go back in time and take a good look how you introduced yourself to this thread. I think the facts would seriously betray this creative representation you';ve conjured up.

I guess some people have a problem with factually based distinctions.
post #3278 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhayes76 View Post

What's with all the grumpy people on this forum. Wow.

I'm too new here to be grumpy. I will say to everyone reading this thread. Everything over the last 3 months is coming together for me. My home theater setup might not be all of yours cup of tea but.

This is what I have so far.
47" Vizio LCD
Denon AVR 791
Oppo Blu Ray 83
And the ole Vann's Jamo package plus a smatter of WWStereo's E660's
E660's Fronts,C400 center and 401 for the rears.

I haven't had the chance to get the OPPO hooked up yet tonite. Hopefully I can post some pics tommorrow of my set up.

I don't get all the bickering that goes on this thread. I've known about Jamo's for along time,but dang they are hard to find and buy.
post #3279 of 5637
Quote:


Unfortunately Afrogt, who i thought has been helpful in this thread, whines and moans when i say that i don't like Emotiva amplifiers (although he'll tell you that i damn the whole company).

What do Emotiva amps have to do with this thread?
post #3280 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by shodulik View Post

Yeah that's why I avoid this thread. TjMV3 and Maladjusted are a bunch jokers. TjMV3 got all upset when i called this thread a "Vann's Jamo" thread because he has no other Jamo experience. Maladjusted likes to get in bed with TjMV3 and beat up on Bowers all day long. Unfortunately Afrogt, who i thought has been helpful in this thread, whines and moans when i say that i don't like Emotiva amplifiers (although he'll tell you that i damn the whole company).

It's their way or the highway and you cannot have an opinion of your own. It's unfortunate because i was rather excited when i first discovered the thread. I have not come across imbeciles like these three in any of the other several speaker threads i participate in here.

OH! another brief visit.Its very noticible you only come here when you smell what your shovelling.And yes i do get into bed,but not with TjMV3,but with 2-3 hottie brunettes which your sadly lacking i reckon.
post #3281 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by shodulik View Post


It's their way or the highway and you cannot have an opinion of your own.

Oh really,thats why the thread is over a hundred pages long:Because there are only 3 opinions??.YOURE TALKING COMPLETE CXXP!
post #3282 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by shodulik View Post

I have not come across imbeciles like these three in any of the other several speaker threads i participate in here.

Yeah,il bet you dont have any of the other threads brands either,just there rubbing your hands waiting to pounce and stir when you see something heating up.BTW you've no reason to point out anybody especially AFRO GT who happens to be 1 of the most helpful,easygoing posters here!
post #3283 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by shodulik View Post

Yeah that's why I avoid this thread. TjMV3 and Maladjusted are a bunch jokers. TjMV3 got all upset when i called this thread a "Vann's Jamo" thread because he has no other Jamo experience. Maladjusted likes to get in bed with TjMV3 and beat up on Bowers all day long. Unfortunately Afrogt, who i thought has been helpful in this thread, whines and moans when i say that i don't like Emotiva amplifiers (although he'll tell you that i damn the whole company).

It's their way or the highway and you cannot have an opinion of your own. It's unfortunate because i was rather excited when i first discovered the thread. I have not come across imbeciles like these three in any of the other several speaker threads i participate in here.

I probobly forget its just the internet and let it get to me sometimes. Maladjusted likes to ask me the same things over and over when ive already answered them but just not the way he wants to hear it.

He says why did you get the 607 when you dont like the 605 when i never said i didnt like them i said I DIDNT WANT THEM FOR THE ROOM THEY WERE IN I DONT LIKE THE WAY THEY SOUND AT 5FEET FROM MY EARS. All he hears is i dont like them so he keeps on and on with it. They were just a tad to bright so close thats it really a simple answer but he didnt get it. If its my receiver, my source my stupidity fine. what ever the case i prefered the 506 they just have a warmer sound IN THAT ROOM!

Im a jamo fan dont get me wrong if i wasnt i wouldnt have so many sets but im not going to say one set is better then another just because of the series. One of them jumped on me because i wouldnt agree that the C401 was better then the S406 because of the C series. They keep giving this impression that the C series is the holy grail because its the C series and im just not going to agree with that.

Ive said it before and ill say it again that it just depends on what flavor you like and what you can afford.

I dont know what TjMV3 deal is he just thinks the only way your going to be happy with your sound is if you spend the most money or somthing. I just cant drop $1000. on an amp or a receiver. I cant save it long enough im buying other jamo speakers.

He yells at me for giving bad advice and what i said was "This is what ide do" do you hear me comming on here talking about blowing speakers up or blowing amps up? The guy needed a solution for what he had and running them full range will give the best sound without a subwoofer. This is exactly the way ide do it if i had his equipment. His only solution was your stuff is trash get a real receiver. But this is what he tells me too so im use to hearing it i guess.

I know the sound i like and i dont need them to tell me what i like to hear.

The one that killed me the most was when TjMV3 said the S606 has bloated bass. This is near the top of the line in the S series a $400. tower with bloated bass. Maybe becasue its the "Studio" series
post #3284 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by maladjusted View Post

Bower please tell how you can know this without a decent drive & feed?Youre talking complete BS by saying the c607 are only slightly better than the s6/506.I have spent approx 6000 (tv incl) over the last 2 yrs getting my set-up to where it is now,which gives me a right to give an honest opinion,not some half baked post like:Wow im going to ask my brother if he wants the s506s.A day later:I think ive wasted money.....And BTW i dont twist what you say around,that was a lie.You seem to think your opinions are the only ones that matter (my impression).And some-times your assumptions are non-comprehendable,then when your asked to explain you get all defensive.As ive said before you carefully choose what to answer & what not to! I never want to argue with you,just chat,but for some reason i seem to get on your nerves on this thread,Remember its not personal for any of us here,just debates,and yes,sometimes they get heated,but its no reason to blow someone off like a fool with: oh right right

I have em sitting right here, seriously man going from the 605 to the 607 is just a slightly better sound. Same with the 606 and the 607 they are darn near the same speaker. You and TjMV3 must have ears of gold.
post #3285 of 5637
I was blessed with a favorable palette (I'll eat anything) and the ability to be relatively happy with crap Bose speakers for almost 15 years. The only area I have any real taste is in software and computers, and boy, it has cost me. Thank god I'm such an audio heathen
post #3286 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post

I probobly forget its just the internet and let it get to me sometimes. Maladjusted likes to ask me the same things over and over when ive already answered them but just not the way he wants to hear it.

He says why did you get the 607 when you dont like the 605 when i never said i didnt like them i said I DIDNT WANT THEM FOR THE ROOM THEY WERE IN I DONT LIKE THE WAY THEY SOUND AT 5FEET FROM MY EARS. All he hears is i dont like them so he keeps on and on with it. They were just a tad to bright so close thats it really a simple answer but he didnt get it. If its my receiver, my source my stupidity fine. what ever the case i prefered the 506 they just have a warmer sound IN THAT ROOM!

Im a jamo fan dont get me wrong if i wasnt i wouldnt have so many sets but im not going to say one set is better then another just because of the series. One of them jumped on me because i wouldnt agree that the C401 was better then the S406 because of the C series. They keep giving this impression that the C series is the holy grail because its the C series and im just not going to agree with that.

Ive said it before and ill say it again that it just depends on what flavor you like and what you can afford.

I dont know what TjMV3 deal is he just thinks the only way your going to be happy with your sound is if you spend the most money or somthing. I just cant drop $1000. on an amp or a receiver. I cant save it long enough im buying other jamo speakers.

He yells at me for giving bad advice and what i said was "This is what ide do" do you hear me comming on here talking about blowing speakers up or blowing amps up? The guy needed a solution for what he had and running them full range will give the best sound without a subwoofer. This is exactly the way ide do it if i had his equipment. His only solution was your stuff is trash get a real receiver. But this is what he tells me too so im use to hearing it i guess.

I know the sound i like and i dont need them to tell me what i like to hear.

The one that killed me the most was when TjMV3 said the S606 has bloated bass. This is near the top of the line in the S series a $400. tower with bloated bass. Maybe becasue its the "Studio" series

This post only succeeds in proving what I have been saying all along.

I never criticized you or slammed you for your own personal, individual tastes and preferences. Never.

I criticized you for making definitve and absolute evaluation proclamations and conclusions about these Jamo speakers, based on his weak chain of components. And you do that all the time. You just did it again, in this above post.

You only know how these speakers compare with your weak chain of components. You DO NOT know a damn thing about what any of these Jamo speakers are completely and truely capable of. So your evaluations are moot and useless for people who actually want to know how these Jamo speakers truely compare, when quality components are used and a they are correctly setup/placement.

Which you very rarely mention in your evaluations. Your setup and placement is poor. Your component chain is weak and incapable of delivering quality audio. That should be something you point out in your posts, prior to your "evaluations " and opinions.


You know why your C605 sounded bright or harsh at 5 feet? Because your source is bright and harsh. Your preamp section if poor and your amplification is poor. Not to mention none of us even know what the room acoustics are like in there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post

I dont know what TjMV3 deal is he just thinks the only way your going to be happy with your sound is if you spend the most money or somthing. I just cant drop $1000. on an amp or a receiver. I cant save it long enough im buying other jamo speakers

If you don't know what my "deal" is by now, then, you're the one who never truely reads or pays any attention to what anyone else is saying. You love to claim that Mal and I ignore what you say and cherry pick your words.

Which on the whole, is highly inaccurate. We actually read what you say. And often you make absurd, misleading and inaccurate comments and "evaluations"......based on a poor setup. Sure, there has been an occasional misunderstanding, here and there. But your choice of words and the way you phrase them is just as often the catalyst to these misunderstandings.

Mal and I actually read what you say. You for the most part ignore what most of what is said and cherry pick what ever suits your agenda.

I never said you have to spend a ton of money on gear. Several times I have provided no fewer than five...six different manufactors who make quality amps, at different price ranges. I never said you have to buy them.

I find it intertesting that you continue to buy more speakers all the time. but you refuse to improve/upgrade the most important aspect and most significant and determining elements to your overall system's sound....in your source, your amp and your room acoustics/setup.

As for the S606. Listen, you can believe what you want. But anyone who knows even a little about speaker design, know damn well a side-firing 8" driver placed in the side of a narrow cabinet, in that configuration, like the one used for the S606; will not get you deep bass. It gives you a mid-upper bass hump. When I said bass bloat, I meant it it makes the mid-upper bass sound bigger. Those are the facts, whether you choose to believe them or not. That design enlarges, highlights and pronounces the mid-upper bass frequencies. Try to actually read what I say, rghather than what you choosem to interpret and perceive....in your own head.

The cable box equivelent of audio, hardly puts you in a position to effectively evaluate the differences in sound quality and capabilities between all your Jamo speakers.

Of course, there will only be slight differences. And of course the S506 sounds warmer. There's a very good reason for that. Not that you care why it is.
post #3287 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post

I have em sitting right here, seriously man going from the 605 to the 607 is just a slightly better sound. Same with the 606 and the 607 they are darn near the same speaker. You and TjMV3 must have ears of gold.

Bower there you go again saying you answer me over & over.IL ask anybody to read back on this thread (not that they wud be bothered)to see your ramblings,you dont even answer 30% of my posts to you,only the ones you disagree with.RIGHT you have them sitting right there,but i have them sitting right here with an elite pioneer $1700 reciever,$600 dvd player/hdd and $500 bd player,have you?As TjMV3 has top mac gear worth god knows how much!you just contradicted yourself again.As was said before shite in,shite out!
post #3288 of 5637
Bower you really made yourself holier than thou & poor me in that last big post,you should just grow up IMO.
post #3289 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjMV3 View Post

You only know how these speakers compare with your weak chain of components. You DO NOT know a damn thing about what any of these Jamo speakers are completely and truely capable of. So your evaluations are moot and useless for people who actually want to know how these Jamo speakers truely compare, when quality components are used and a they are correctly setup/placement.

But see im the average user, not all of us here that buy jamo speakers are going to go out and spend top dollar on the amps receivers and room treatments. Most of the people that are looking into jamo speakers are on a strict budget to begin with thats why we are looking at the jamo speakers.

So how does it make my evaluations wrong?

Not that it matters

LL
post #3290 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post

not all of us here that buy jamo speakers are going to go out and spend top dollar on the amps receivers and room treatments. Most of the people that are looking into jamo speakers are on a strict budget to begin with thats why we are looking at the jamo speakers.

I think the main people fighting in this forum should all be banned. You are preventing people like myself who are searching for honest advice on this brand of speaker from finding it.

That being said, the above quote by BowerR64 is good. I am looking at Jamo C605/607s. These speakers retail for $300-400 (but can be found for less). Why would I use a $1000-$2000 amp/processor/source with speakers this cheap. If I was spending $1k-$2k on my source equipment and amp, I would be looking at similarly priced speakers, well over $1000 each.

To say that someone who wants a $300 Jamo speaker needs a one thousand plus dollar amplifier and source is nuts. These are slightly better than budget speakers targeted at hardware that is budget to middle priced.

The general rule, if you search around, is that you should spend about twice the amount on your speakers as you did on your receiver/amp. That is not a law, but generally accepted.
post #3291 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhayes76 View Post

I think the main people fighting in this forum should all be banned. You are preventing people like myself who are searching for honest advice on this brand of speaker from finding it.

That being said, the above quote by BowerR64 is good. I am looking at Jamo C605/607s. These speakers retail for $300-400 (but can be found for less). Why would I use a $1000-$2000 amp/processor/source with speakers this cheap. If I was spending $1k-$2k on my source equipment and amp, I would be looking at similarly priced speakers, well over $1000 each.

To say that someone who wants a $300 Jamo speaker needs a one thousand plus dollar amplifier and source is nuts. These are slightly better than budget speakers targeted at hardware that is budget to middle priced.

The general rule, if you search around, is that you should spend about twice the amount on your speakers as you did on your receiver/amp. That is not a law, but generally accepted.

I have some speakers that i bought in the 80s and i couldnt even count how many receivers i hooked to those old things. Ive already tried 3 or 4 on the C series and 3 on the S series im sure ill get others as time goes. Once i find a set im happy with ill stick with them and then upgrade as time goes.

I tried an H/K AVR30 upstairs on the 506, then a pioneer VSX-D514 now im using an H/K AVR230

On the C series down stairs i used an H/K AVR500, A kenwood somthing i gave to my sister, Denon AVR87 then the AVR230 and im back using the AVR500 now. Its fun
post #3292 of 5637
Not sure if this has been posted, but wwstereo is selling the C403's on ebay for $120 shipped.... they are $150 shipped on wwstereo's website.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
post #3293 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhayes76 View Post

I think the main people fighting in this forum should all be banned. You are preventing people like myself who are searching for honest advice on this brand of speaker from finding it.

That being said, the above quote by BowerR64 is good. I am looking at Jamo C605/607s. These speakers retail for $300-400 (but can be found for less). Why would I use a $1000-$2000 amp/processor/source with speakers this cheap. If I was spending $1k-$2k on my source equipment and amp, I would be looking at similarly priced speakers, well over $1000 each.

To say that someone who wants a $300 Jamo speaker needs a one thousand plus dollar amplifier and source is nuts. These are slightly better than budget speakers targeted at hardware that is budget to middle priced.

The general rule, if you search around, is that you should spend about twice the amount on your speakers as you did on your receiver/amp. That is not a law, but generally accepted.


The C607 are a $800.00 speaker and punch way above that, in the quality of their sound/performance.

You won't find a brand new pair of C607 for $400.00. $350.00 - $400.00 for each tower, but not for the pair. And what you're seeing being sold now on the internet are B-Stock. They've been reduced because of B-Stock items and because Klipsch is clearing out Jamo's stock.

And while there are people who subscribe to the theory you're describing; many believe you feed your speakers the highest quality source and amplification you could afford. Garbage in, garbage out. Then blame the speakers....LMAO!!!

Especially in this day and age when a lot of speakers out there in these price ranges, punch way above their price points.

Let me know when you actually own and drive the C607 with high quality sources and amplification and then go ahead and tell me it doesn't make a huge difference.

Until then, you haven't a clue what you're talking about. You want to dismiss and discount two thoroughly experienced people here (Mal and myself) who own these speakers and have done exactly that (high quality sources and amplification), in favor of some kind of broad generalization. Yet, we're the one's who are nuts, LOL!

I've driven the C607 with my Van Alstine Fet Valve 500 amp, my McIntosh MC252 amp, McIntosh C220 preamp, my old Vincent SA-T1 preamp, a Butler TDB 2250 amp, my Rega Saturn CD Player, my Rega Apollo CD Player, my McIntosh MVP871 Universal player, my Integra DPS 10.5 Universal player, a friend's Quad 909 amplifier, my cheapo...crappola Pioneer VSX 917 receiver, my buddies cheapo Marantz receiver, a cheapo Denon receiver and several other pieces a gear that my buddies brought over to try out. And in every case the C607 benefited greatly from the higher quality gear.

Huge differences ....very pleasing differences.

Have you done that?

I love when people with zero experience in what their talking about, talk a big game.

You claim you want honest advice, but when you get honest advice; you don't like it.

The bottom line, knowing that these speakers punch way above their price points and definitely benefit greatly from higher quality sources and amplifiaction; is honest and valuble information and advice. And when someone owns a C607, they know they can upgrade their source and amplification and reap major rewards from doing so; without having to spend more money on another pair of speakers.

Fairly simple, in my opinion.

P.S. And for the record, I have many speakers and gear in my house. I have three systems in the house. I have speakers that are much more expensive and higher quality speakers than the Jamo C607.

Including the Jamo C809, Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Grand and a pair of Wharfedale Opus 3 v2 which are on the way. So I have a very good point of reference and point of comparison as to where these C607 sit. They are very good speakers and an outstanding bargain in terms of the quality of the drivers, design and sound they are capable of....to the price you pay for them.
post #3294 of 5637
TjMV3, you are a very condescending person. You have no business posting to a forum where others are asking for help.
post #3295 of 5637
How about a little levity in this thread? Let's see what the Vann's Jamo speaker sale has done here.

My TV/AV/BLURAY/HiDef tv is put together.IE(the man cave).

Let's Go!
A little furniture and ambiance.


Another view of the tube.


More wall paintings.


The Vizio/Jamo/Denon/Oppo setup


A closeup of the good stuff!


Joe Bonamassa likes it!


And a few more pics of the cave.




I've been reading this thread since late winter. I've always wanted Jamo's for my basement/mancave. Pulled the trigger on the very awesome Vann's Jamo deal.

My wife and I spent alot of time fixing up our basement. We are going to enjoy what we have paid for. The Jamo's paired with the Denon and Oppo Blu Ray kicks ass!!!!

Enjoy the pics. If not. I'm happy!
post #3296 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhayes76 View Post

TjMV3, you are a very condescending person. You have no business posting to a forum where others are asking for help.


I'm only condescending to people who spout off about things they have no experience with and then act like they know something by speaking in absolute terms.

So tell me, how long have you owned and lived with the C607?

What gear have you had in the system (source, preamp/receiver/amp)?

How do you have them setup (distacne between speakers and distance off the walll and sidewall)?

How about room acoustics? What's the dimension of your listening room?

P.S. You have no business telling anyone they don't belong in a forum. You have brass b**** talking that garbage.
post #3297 of 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberhog9 View Post

How about a little levity in this thread? Let's see what the Vann's Jamo speaker sale has done here.

My TV/AV/BLURAY/HiDef tv is put together.IE(the man cave).

Let's Go!
A little furniture and ambiance.

I've been reading this thread since late winter. I've always wanted Jamo's for my basement/mancave. Pulled the trigger on the very awesome Vann's Jamo deal.

My wife and I spent alot of time fixing up our basement. We are going to enjoy what we have paid for. The Jamo's paired with the Denon and Oppo Blu Ray kicks ass!!!!

Enjoy the pics. If not. I'm happy!

Are those the E660?

Nice setup!

Are you using a subwoofer?

May want to try pulling the floorstanders forward (off the wall about 12 inches and give the rear-firing bass port some room to beathe and work correctly. Just making a suggestion. Not trying to insult anyone.
post #3298 of 5637
Nice looking setup, Cyberhog! Gotta love a room set aside for that kind of enjoyment.
post #3299 of 5637
Does anyone know if the Jamo S 606 HCS has been discontinued? I've been looking all over the Internet for a set in dark apple, but I can't find a thing.
post #3300 of 5637
If I was looking to do a 5.1 or 7.1 Jamo Speaker System that was upgradable as desired (that is where the "Home Theater System" concerns me) what would you guys suggest as a good starting out point? The room is 23' x 14' and I am trying to decide on a cost effective setup (preferably $600 or below with a receiver). I would love to have floor standing speakers, but unfortunately the room layout doesn't allow for them so wall mountable is what I am looking for. I am not opposed to having a different brand sub either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ... at this point after all of the reading on the subject I believe I am more confused than when I started if that is possible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › The OFFICIAL Jamo Speaker Owner's thread!