Okay, this one will be photo heavy. We've gotten an awful lot done this weekend. The fabric was a bit scary to start cutting into. Paralyzed by the expense. We got over that quickly though, when we realized how long it would take.
In two days we got all the side wall Linacoustic covered, the columns upholstered, and I've started some of the fabric frames to cover around the Heresies and cabinets, etc.
Here you can see the opening for the side surrounds. The plan is to make an upholstered cover to go over them.
Here it is with the surround speaker in place.
And here's the frame construction. I used two layers of overlapping 1/4" ply (ripped to 2" wide), glued and stapled. Then upholstered. I built a basic little jig to make the repetition a little easier.
Here's one with the fabric on it. I used velcro to hold them in place.
Here you can see three or four of them in place.
The Heresies are hidden quite nicely, and I like the oak trim tieing all the cabinets together.
I imagine the rest of the frames will be completed before next weekend. It really is starting to give the room that "tidy" appearance that's been lacking for so long.
I am a bit suprised at how "clean" and "simple" the room is looking. There will definetely be a need for some "jewelry" in the room.
Anyway, I'm off duty for the rest of the weekend. My fingers are killing me from pulling fabric tight.