I fully expect large purchases to stop for some time. HVAC, taking the family to Disney in October....then Christmas hits. Heck, it might be next spring before I can take another chunk out of the room! But I think I'll still be able to take small bites.
In fact, this might be a good time to regroup and think through a probably construction schedule
1. soffits framed
2. equipment closets framed
3. all lighting in ceiling done (cans in the soffits, rope lights)
4. ceiling sheetrocked
5. columns built and installed
6. Double doors installed
7. Paint ceiling
8. Paint above chair rail height
9. GOM on walls
10. Sconces installed
11. Removable fabric panels on screenwall built
That's likely all the budget will allow until late spring into summer.
9. Granite bar top
11. Finishing trim and moulding
12. Lighting controller (likely a spacer system / temp dimmers until then)
At this point, it will likely be next Fall
Maybe Christmas 2010 will see the first steps in electronic upgrades?
(all suggestions based on todays market)
13. Subs (A7-900? Danley dts-20? Seaton Submersive?)
14. The rest of the THX surrounds (4- ks7800 inwalls?)
15. Projector upgrade (AE3000?)
16. Amps and processor (Outlaw 7700 and 997? / B&K Reference 200.7)
Between 12 and 13 we may slide in some more construction in the game room which would include flooring, wall finishings, kitchen.
After 16 will likely be the downstairs bathroom.
Of course, any and all of this is subject to the supervisors disgretions.
Geez, it's a bit overwhelming when you start listing everything out. Maybe I shouldn't have!?!