Originally Posted by buddahead
These are all good points.I have myself have look at this FP for the last year.All the review's have been good about this unit,But the horror stories about is not working after a while and not being all that bright kept me away.Plus at this time I can't see buting a FP without HDMI.Even though one can use a dvi adapter'This sometimes cause's problems with handshake with the new HD AND Blueray dvd units.Plus with new FP coming out soon this fall I am not going backwards in a FP.But if one is a gambler this unit is suppose to be nice for movies.Plus I would be more concern with buying a FP from TD.They will offer no support if these units start failing like the others did.Just my thoughts BOB
I took a chance with this PJ because:
1. Price is relative low and is the only dlp PJ with lens shift in this price range.
2. I've shopping for a PJ to replace the PB6200.
3. It's been around for a couple of years and most of the QC problems, except those generic ones, should have been fixed, hopefully.
4. All PJ have problems. In general, you'll find more complaint posts than praise ones.
5. I use a Toshiba A2 with DVI to HDMI adapter to a 4 year old Mits RPTV with no problem.
6. All professional reviews praised the great coloraccuracy and 'film like' quality.
7. I have a imperfect room - light controlled but with light color wall and white ceiling (basement), and I don't think I would get good black levels with a bright PJ. The PB6200 is very bright but the black level, not great to begin with, suffers more with reflected lights.
8. By the time the bulb is dim enough, I would be shopping for a new PJ anyway, probably a 1080p < $1000. I have > 1000 hr in the PB6200 and I don't think it has lost lumens.
9. I believe this is the best under $1000 PJ in the market.
10. I have seen a Z5 and a H70 and not impressed.
11. I don't see rainbows even with my PB6200.
12. I don't have perfect vision and color perception and don't need a perfect PJ.
13. I am limited by ceiling height and throw distance, and this PJ fits like a glove.
14. I'd rather gamble with a established good $1000 PJ with know weakesses than a new good $4000 PJ with unknowns. I can throw away a $1000 PJ after 2 years, but not a $4000 one.
15. I've two Samsung HDTV tuners, 46" LCD and they actually stand behind their products, in my experience. I'm sure others may disagree.
16. I just love to gamble when I believe the odds are on my side.