or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Mad Men' on AMC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Mad Men' on AMC HD - Page 67

post #1981 of 2342
Anyone catch that during Peggy's fantasy, the book he was reading was "something" by Emerson? I had to look it up. Peggy couldnt think of anything Emerson wrote for her fantasy. Now THAT is amazing detail.

And another reason why Mad Men is on my shortlist of full attention viewing.

Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Veep
Community
Game of Thrones
post #1982 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

IDK that one was an ugly arse car, compared with the Camaro or the Mustang... I guess it was more affordable.

Anyone know if Pete's fall off the stairs was an outtake or was it written like that? because it was hilarious

It was made to compete against the Toyota's, Datsun's and VW's of the time period. 4 cylinder compact car.
post #1983 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

It was made to compete against the Toyota's, Datsun's and VW's of the time period. 4 cylinder compact car.
Plus, the car's engine compartment was roomy enough for the young gearheads to toss that 4 cylinder and stuff in a V8 turning it into a beast. cool.gif
post #1984 of 2342
But all that bad news about the Vega is in the future. They have three years to build a campaign, name the car, shepherd it through its introduction, and bask in all the awards and accolades that it garnered before the truth set in.

I have a hard time imagining Don will still be part of this scene by then. And in any case, nobody blames the ad agency for bad cars.

Meanwhile, who else thinks Peggy is about to turn her back on multi-culturalism and rejoin the Mad Ave crowd, lifestyle and all? I think the junkie neighbors and the ungainfully-employed boyfriend are about to be rear-view mirror material.

I've never been very sympathetic to Don, but this Jaguar storyline really got to me. I work in a creative department that answers to management and clients that just... don't... get... it, and to be in a position to "fire a client" is a dream, sometimes, and what fun to watch Don actually do it.

Nobody in that restaurant was looking at Megan's teeth.
post #1985 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post


Nobody in that restaurant was looking at Megan's teeth.
You got that right! The client was wistfully saying "tall and tanned and...."
post #1986 of 2342
Here is a story from my local paper about what they went through to make a phone book prop for episode 3.
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Greenwich-gets-Mad-Men-cameo-4490228.php
post #1987 of 2342


This doesn't look acted LOL
post #1988 of 2342
I think it does. He was shuffling his feet forward (kicking them straight out) and barely lifted his legs. He was also landing on his heels with each step when you should be landing on the ball of your foot. If you don’t lift your legs high enough, if you land on your heels, you are going to fall. Try doing what he did and you’ll see what I mean. Then again, maybe you shouldn’t or you’ll end up like he did. biggrin.gif
post #1989 of 2342
Well, anyway I hope they include it on the Bluray/DVD and how many takes they did..
post #1990 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post

Not the Camaro. It came out in 1967.

'67 model year. They first started being sold in September of '66.
post #1991 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

'67 model year. They first started being sold in September of '66.
Yep, I chose between it and a '67 GTO. I picked the GTO because it was more "family friendly" (in size, at least).
post #1992 of 2342
It is funny they they are all excited about what is to become the Vega.

While it's introduction went fairly well, it's technical problems rose quickly -- and was a big part of the downfall of GM's reputation and quality failures.
post #1993 of 2342
I wonder if we'll see a young John DeLorean.
post #1994 of 2342
I'm really enjoying this season's return to focus on the agency; I think the show is better the less time they spend with some of the peripheral characters. And bringing the two agencies together is a smart way to put all those characters under one roof, should really open up some dramatic possibilities. The Peggy-Don relationship was always fascinating; now they can revisit that.

I think I mentioned this before, but it bears repeating in light of the discussion about Megan's attractiveness--my son, when he was casting the Knight Rider remake, wanted to cast that actress in the central female role, but NBC nixed it saying she "wasn't attractive enough". My son wouldn't elaborate what they meant, but I guess I understand now---she just isn't conventionally TV pretty.
post #1995 of 2342
Maybe she's late 60's pretty, nowadays a "hot actress" would have her teeth fixed without much pain.

(although the Magic City actresses are heads over heels gorgeous)
post #1996 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandron View Post

I'm really enjoying this season's return to focus on the agency; I think the show is better the less time they spend with some of the peripheral characters. And bringing the two agencies together is a smart way to put all those characters under one roof, should really open up some dramatic possibilities. The Peggy-Don relationship was always fascinating; now they can revisit that.

+1, Its great to see Ad Men work on Man Men instead of Betty.
post #1997 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandron View Post

my son, when he was casting the Knight Rider remake, wanted to cast that actress in the central female role, but NBC nixed it saying she "wasn't attractive enough". My son wouldn't elaborate what they meant, but I guess I understand now---she just isn't conventionally TV pretty.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, enough about the lead. She was terrible. Tell us stories about the glorious Smith Cho!
post #1998 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

Yeah, yeah, yeah, enough about the lead. She was terrible. Tell us stories about the glorious Smith Cho!

Wow, a Smith Cho fan!

I don't really recollect much from our one visit to the set; she and Sydney Poitier were both very nice as I recall, and spent some time with us old folks. I remember that Smith was wicked-smart, went to Berkeley or something like that.
post #1999 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandron View Post

Wow, a Smith Cho fan!

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a fan. More that she is just wicked hot. In general, I found the Knight Rider reboot basically unwatchable. Under normal circumstances I would have deleted my season pass for the show after two episodes. But she was so cute that I found myself watching the show just to fast forward to her scenes.
post #2000 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragedogg69 View Post

Anyone catch that during Peggy's fantasy, the book he was reading was "something" by Emerson? I had to look it up. Peggy couldnt think of anything Emerson wrote for her fantasy. Now THAT is amazing detail.

And another reason why Mad Men is on my shortlist of full attention viewing.

This show is so well written and directed it is mind boggling. One really needs to watch each episode at least twice to catch everything.
post #2001 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

Meanwhile, who else thinks Peggy is about to turn her back on multi-culturalism and rejoin the Mad Ave crowd, lifestyle and all? I think the junkie neighbors and the ungainfully-employed boyfriend are about to be rear-view mirror material.

Absolutely. She is already fed up with her apartment and the neighbors.

It will be interesting to see her interact with both Don and Ted, 2 men she adores.
post #2002 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

It will be interesting to see her interact with both Don and Ted, 2 men she adores.

Or hates to love.
post #2003 of 2342
Was that a pardoy episode?

Don was more caricature than usual and that's saying alot.....

Major issues as trivial farce......

Or maybe its supposed to fore-shadow the demise of Donald Draper and the "60s".
post #2004 of 2342
What's a pardoy?
post #2005 of 2342
Parody
post #2006 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post

What's a pardoy?

A parody is attempting to mock, comment on or make fun of an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of satire or ironic imitation.
post #2007 of 2342
I was disappointed that so little time was given to the Robert Kennedy assassination. A brief blurb by Pete's mom, and a few seconds of Megan crying? That's it?
post #2008 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post

I was disappointed that so little time was given to the Robert Kennedy assassination. A brief blurb by Pete's mom, and a few seconds of Megan crying? That's it?

It happened at the VERY end of the episode. I am expecting more about it next week.
post #2009 of 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

It happened at the VERY end of the episode. I am expecting more about it next week.
I sure hope so!
post #2010 of 2342
We saw Don's kinky side fully emerge last night. It was very uncomfortable watching him command and humiliate Sylvia in that hotel room, even if I find her character irritating. He was starting to resemble Mickey Rourke's character in 9 1/2 Weeks, and like that guy, Don took it too far. I'm glad Sylvia broke it off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Mad Men' on AMC HD