or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony W3000 Series Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony W3000 Series Thread - Page 2

post #31 of 3238
I don't see any clouds in mine. The black level still is not like the Samsung. In the stores under the lights and on Vivid they all look good, it is when you get them home in a dark room you see the real black level.
post #32 of 3238
Is the back light uniform on your set in a dark room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY350Z View Post

I don't see any clouds in mine. The black level still is not like the Samsung. In the stores under the lights and on Vivid they all look good, it is when you get them home in a dark room you see the real black level.
post #33 of 3238
Yes the backlight is uniform, that I can say for sure. It isn't as black as it should be but it is uniform.
post #34 of 3238
Thanks for the information.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY350Z View Post

Yes the backlight is uniform, that I can say for sure. It isn't as black as it should be but it is uniform.
post #35 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY350Z View Post

Yes the backlight is uniform, that I can say for sure. It isn't as black as it should be but it is uniform.

I have the S3000....reading here to see if I need to upgrade to 1080P.....the S3000 is the same generation and the same design team was the W..... Leave the screen on a black background source....for example HDMI that is not used.

On mine the first black background is lit up more than I would want......much like my old Sammy 4095. Its good but you can tell the black is being driven instead of just absent of lighting.

After a few seconds the black drops off.......to a true black....barely being driven if at all. But at the top the Sony is still showing the banner bar at the top saying its HDMI.....so the set is showing color and the true black. It not like set just turned off and nothing is being displayed.

So I think when you flip to a new source its driving it for some reason....maybe because its trying to find a signal....but after some time it gives up on the signal search and goes into normal mode.

I would be curious how people are testing the backlighting....the S3000 is uniform without the problems I first had have seen on the XBR 40s
post #36 of 3238
I looked at the 40W3000 at two different stores. At the first store the picture was dark and had severe black crush. I was not allowed to use the remote. At the second store it also had a darker picture with black crush. I played around awhile with the remote but there was nothing I could do to get the black levels as good as the Samsung 40” above it. Brightness was good and I could tune it for good shadows but it did not POP for me. The blacks were better than the V2500 on the left but no where close to the sharpness, color detail and POP that the 4665 on the right side.

Compared to the V2500 it had deeper blacks and a little better sharpness. Color accuracy was as good but not better. I did not see any panel problems what so ever at either store. The panel looked perfect. It looks like the panel problems are over but I was disappointed that it did not have a better presentation.
post #37 of 3238
Looks like these just arrived at several CC on my "in stock" watch list. I'm picking mine up at lunch today (while returning the V2500), so I'll review later today.
post #38 of 3238
Picked up the W at lunch...so I only had time to get it home and turn it on before coming back to work. ZERO clouding. I didn't get past the Vivid default setting....which I hated on the 2500, but this wasn't bad. I'll still go in and do some calibrating, but even at the Vivid setting you can see a definite contrast improvement over the prior model. Man what a sharp picture!!!!

I'm not sure how I'm liking the new menu system. Maybe it will just take some getting used to.

Oh, and the inputs are on the right side of the TV (looking from the back), which is great because my setup is mounted on a swing arm and the middle inputs of the last model made that very difficult.

More to follow......
post #39 of 3238
anybody have any comparison to the Toshiba 42LX177? Debating between the 40W3000 and the 42LX177. I have seen both and they both look great. I watch a lot of hockey so the 120hz is very appealing and a 2 inch larger screen and $600 difference between the Sony make it a logical choice but the 40W3000 certainly looks great! Any thoughts?
post #40 of 3238
Keep your eyes on both threads for these TVs. As more info comes in, issues will be uncovered. They're both new, so I dont think that anybody can confidently say one is better than the other.
post #41 of 3238
Simple question - can anyone who has this or seen it in the store tell me what the frame color is on this tv? SonyStyle says brushed metal, so is it a metallic silver or black as I think I read on one of the early posts of this thread? I assume brushed means not glossy, rather a matte finish?
post #42 of 3238
OK, so far it's a love/hate relationship with the W3000. On startup, there are no clouds. However, once it's been on awhile, there are definite clouds between inputs, as well as some corner light leakage. I tried to take pics of this, but couldn't beat Sony's auto dimming feature which quickly dimmed out the clouds. Also, when I threw dark scenes at it...Star Wars, Serenity, The Descent.....the clouds could not be seen, nor the corner light leakage (as opposed to the 2500 which was there all the time). In fact, the black was downright beautiful. I even cranked up brightness in FSX to see the clouds (the ones that are supposed to be there) at night while flying, and it did a beautiful job at that without light leakage or mura.

Colors. Holy Sh$% does this set do amazing colors. No more exaggerated green and all the colors stand out. Whether it was SD on DTV, digital pics on the PC, games, or HD DVD, the colors were all amazing. In fact King Kong on HD DVD was the most amazing picture I have seen on any set, ever. It looked 3-dimensional. My mouth was open and I was drooling.

Contrast was amazing. I had the 4661 side by side with the 2500 and the Sammy had better contrast (no surprise there). Now the W3000 has real whites and good blacks. I'm not real happy with my white adjustments yet, but they are definitely better than the Sammy which I believe crushed whites.

Now my complaints. Vivid mode was the only one I could stomach. Normal/Standard was OK, but all the others turned the picture yellow. I don't really like Vivid, I think it's too bright and backlight and brightness don't do much to it. Also, you can't make any advanced setting changes in Vivid. Maybe I just need more time to get the Custom setting to my liking. However....one thing I noticed was that every setting except Vivid made my DTV menu slightly blurry. It is very weird. I'm used to how sharp the 2500 is and you could really see it on my menus on any picture setting. Not so with this set. Vivid makes the menu very sharp, everything else not so sharp, regardless of sharpness/edge enhancement/noise settings. I can't really say it impacted the video, which makes it even weirder. This one needs more research.

Finally, when connecting my PC via HDMI, the only way I can get it to fill the screen is Fill 2. According to the manual, there is a Full Pixel setting, but it won't offer it to me over HDMI, however the Fill 2 seems to be full pixel. I'll need to throw some software at it to see if that's actually happening. Maybe I'm just missing something in this new menu system (which I don't like).

So after a few hours, the jury is still out. I'm not sure it's worth the $800 more than the 2500. I don't have them side by side to compare. My initial thought is it's not, however if you take the 3000 away and put the 2500 back, my thought may change.
post #43 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post

OK, so far it's a love/hate relationship with the W3000. On startup, there are no clouds. However, once it's been on awhile, there are definite clouds between inputs, as well as some corner light leakage. I tried to take pics of this, but couldn't beat Sony's auto dimming feature which quickly dimmed out the clouds. Also, when I threw dark scenes at it...Star Wars, Serenity, The Descent.....the clouds could not be seen, nor the corner light leakage (as opposed to the 2500 which was there all the time). In fact, the black was downright beautiful. I even cranked up brightness in FSX to see the clouds (the ones that are supposed to be there) at night while flying, and it did a beautiful job at that without light leakage or mura.

Colors. Holy Sh$% does this set do amazing colors. No more exaggerated green and all the colors stand out. Whether it was SD on DTV, digital pics on the PC, games, or HD DVD, the colors were all amazing. In fact King Kong on HD DVD was the most amazing picture I have seen on any set, ever. It looked 3-dimensional. My mouth was open and I was drooling.

Contrast was amazing. I had the 4661 side by side with the 2500 and the Sammy had better contrast (no surprise there). Now the W3000 has real whites and good blacks. I'm not real happy with my white adjustments yet, but they are definitely better than the Sammy which I believe crushed whites.

Now my complaints. Vivid mode was the only one I could stomach. Normal/Standard was OK, but all the others turned the picture yellow. I don't really like Vivid, I think it's too bright and backlight and brightness don't do much to it. Also, you can't make any advanced setting changes in Vivid. Maybe I just need more time to get the Custom setting to my liking. However....one thing I noticed was that every setting except Vivid made my DTV menu slightly blurry. It is very weird. I'm used to how sharp the 2500 is and you could really see it on my menus on any picture setting. Not so with this set. Vivid makes the menu very sharp, everything else not so sharp, regardless of sharpness/edge enhancement/noise settings. I can't really say it impacted the video, which makes it even weirder. This one needs more research.

Finally, when connecting my PC via HDMI, the only way I can get it to fill the screen is Fill 2. According to the manual, there is a Full Pixel setting, but it won't offer it to me over HDMI, however the Fill 2 seems to be full pixel. I'll need to throw some software at it to see if that's actually happening. Maybe I'm just missing something in this new menu system (which I don't like).

So after a few hours, the jury is still out. I'm not sure it's worth the $800 more than the 2500. I don't have them side by side to compare. My initial thought is it's not, however if you take the 3000 away and put the 2500 back, my thought may change.

That's lots of good info.
Thanks.
post #44 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GianYLan View Post

Simple question - can anyone who has this or seen it in the store tell me what the frame color is on this tv? SonyStyle says brushed metal, so is it a metallic silver or black as I think I read on one of the early posts of this thread? I assume brushed means not glossy, rather a matte finish?

The W3000 has a brushed metal frame. It is not matte, per se, but defintely not glossy. It's brushed metal. (and appears to definitely BE metal). It does have a small degree of reflectivity, but the frame is bezeled and tapers backward so any light reflectivity should be minimal. The color is sort of a dark charcoal color. Lighter than a black, but still pretty dark. I thought it looked very nice, very classy.

Hope that helps.
post #45 of 3238
The panels they're using still have clouding, huh?
post #46 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great View Post

Could you please comment or confirm on 1080p24 B-R support from PS3 on W compare to XBR.

This whole 1080p24 thing confuses the hell outta me

This is my understanding at the moment:-
Quite a few Bluray disks are now recorded at 1080p24
A PS3 with FW1.9 can now be forced to output this at 1080p24,
so the 3:2 pulldown to 1080p60 is no longer necessary within the PS3

Now, apparently, there are displays out there, in the Other Rooms, that shall not be mentioned here, that have refresh rates of 72Hz, or even 120Hz, which being a neat multiple of 24 are thus supposed to offer the "sweet spot" for viewing 1080p24 material.

The KDL-nnW3000 does not run at 120Hz tho. In the manual, there's an option to 'Auto' the 3:2 pull-down stuff - doesn't this put us back to square one?

The next models up, the X (XBR) series, have this MotionFlow 120Hz thing. Except for us Europeans, I hear we get MotionFlow 100Hz.

OK, maybe the link between frames per second and refresh rate isn't quite as rigid as I'm making out. I would still appreciate a really solid answer about how well the W3000 deals with 1080p24 input - just how good is it?

1) Perfect - only get an X (XBR) if you've got money to burn
2) OK - maybe get an X (XBR) as it does 1080p24 better for fussy people
3) Poor - definately get an X (XBR) as it does 1080p24 waay better
4) Wait longer, neither do 1080p24 'just right' in the EU
5) Forget these, go to the 'Other Rooms' and we'll speak of it no further
post #47 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GianYLan View Post

Simple question - can anyone who has this or seen it in the store tell me what the frame color is on this tv? SonyStyle says brushed metal, so is it a metallic silver or black as I think I read on one of the early posts of this thread? I assume brushed means not glossy, rather a matte finish?

looks exactly like this
post #48 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post

OK, so far it's a love/hate relationship with the W3000. On startup, there are no clouds. However, once it's been on awhile, there are definite clouds between inputs, as well as some corner light leakage. I tried to take pics of this, but couldn't beat Sony's auto dimming feature which quickly dimmed out the clouds. Also, when I threw dark scenes at it...Star Wars, Serenity, The Descent.....the clouds could not be seen, nor the corner light leakage (as opposed to the 2500 which was there all the time). In fact, the black was downright beautiful. I even cranked up brightness in FSX to see the clouds (the ones that are supposed to be there) at night while flying, and it did a beautiful job at that without light leakage or mura.

I wonder if Sony changed the way the panel handles blacks so that there is a difference between no input and a signal with black color. I'd be curious to hear whether you can see any clouding during movie credits.
post #49 of 3238
Here are my quick impressions of the W3000 vs V3000 vs S3000. SEARS has all three sets available and all with remotes to tweak if you want. I for the most part used Vivid on each....and did try the W with Standard and all the advanced options tweaked up.
The W and V screens appear different to me. The V seems like a semi gloss. It seems like its about 20% of the gloss of a Samsung 4065. I like this. And the reflection amount will be there over a matt....but very very manageable. In the low light Sears viewing environment it looked the best of the 3. But nothing earth shacking.

The Colors on all three were very close to being the same.....the W and V did seem better on Green Grass. The Contrast on all three are pretty close to being the same. The W and V you can see the tighter weave of the 1080P screens over the S3000. at 2 feet away. At 4 feet away its not really noticeable. At 8 feet away you can not tell.....this is all on 40 inches....at 46 you may be able to notice more. You can see how much better the Sonys are than the rest of the sets, you can notice they are from the same family. The key test for this was dark hair and a black bear. On the Sonys the blacks are not crushed and you can see the shape of the hair and you can see more strands. All sonys blew away the Sharps and Samsungs on the hair test.

The S3000 does a great job on SD. In fact of the majors....I think Sony is the only one still paying a lot of attention to SD imaging. And like it or not, for a main TV, SD still make up 60% of the content which is not available in HD option. So it is possible that the different Bravia chips that both the W and V do a much better job on SD....I could not test this. This is a big gap in knowledge.

These sets are both about 1000 and 1200 dollars greater than the S3000 I was able to get....givin time it will proably be more like 600 and 800 once they start to put them on sale as the S3000 was.

As a broadcast TV....I am pretty sure the S3000 is going to cover me fully. I have done side by sides of the S3000 against the 4061F....and the S3000 was not lacking for its 720P native. And it blew away the Sammy in the Dark hair test. I don't think the S or V will show me any jump in quality until we get to 1080P content.....and even on that the S3000 takes that input so there could still be no serious difference. Again this is all on 40 inches....it could be seriously different on a 46

The Contrast jump over the previous year models remains. Last years XBR was still on the shelf...and it was lacking. The W and V are significantly better than the XBR.....and I prefer the image on the S too.

The XBR promises to upgrade SD content significantly....via its processor. That is valueable to me....and I hope they can do it. I will be using the S3000 until then
post #50 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Jeff View Post

I wonder if Sony changed the way the panel handles blacks so that there is a difference between no input and a signal with black color. I'd be curious to hear whether you can see any clouding during movie credits.

There is no clouding on these. The backlighting is uniform and even. If you look off angle you will see the offangle effects....but unless you can change physics this is normal and proper.

Movie credits will be fine. I have seen true clouding on an XBR....these don't have that. You can not switch to a different brand of TV and get better back lighting....you could get the same...clouding is not an issue....IMO
post #51 of 3238
tombaker & georgeorwell, thanks for the assessment, and I concur after my observations last night. Definitely there is the mottled effect when viewing off center line, but I would guess that will be true of any LCD.
Yes, the PQ appears somewhat 3 dimensional, and very nice, and that was viewed on normal setting, not vivid.
It would be nice to get some setting specs up on this thread!
post #52 of 3238
Where are the speakers on these new models? From the photo they appear to not have the large front-mounted speakers that V2500 had.
post #53 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post

OK, so far it's a love/hate relationship with the W3000. On startup, there are no clouds. However, once it's been on awhile, there are definite clouds between inputs, as well as some corner light leakage. I tried to take pics of this, but couldn't beat Sony's auto dimming feature which quickly dimmed out the clouds. Also, when I threw dark scenes at it...Star Wars, Serenity, The Descent.....the clouds could not be seen, nor the corner light leakage (as opposed to the 2500 which was there all the time). In fact, the black was downright beautiful. I even cranked up brightness in FSX to see the clouds (the ones that are supposed to be there) at night while flying, and it did a beautiful job at that without light leakage or mura.

Colors. Holy Sh$% does this set do amazing colors. No more exaggerated green and all the colors stand out. Whether it was SD on DTV, digital pics on the PC, games, or HD DVD, the colors were all amazing. In fact King Kong on HD DVD was the most amazing picture I have seen on any set, ever. It looked 3-dimensional. My mouth was open and I was drooling.

Contrast was amazing. I had the 4661 side by side with the 2500 and the Sammy had better contrast (no surprise there). Now the W3000 has real whites and good blacks. I'm not real happy with my white adjustments yet, but they are definitely better than the Sammy which I believe crushed whites.

Now my complaints. Vivid mode was the only one I could stomach. Normal/Standard was OK, but all the others turned the picture yellow. I don't really like Vivid, I think it's too bright and backlight and brightness don't do much to it. Also, you can't make any advanced setting changes in Vivid. Maybe I just need more time to get the Custom setting to my liking. However....one thing I noticed was that every setting except Vivid made my DTV menu slightly blurry. It is very weird. I'm used to how sharp the 2500 is and you could really see it on my menus on any picture setting. Not so with this set. Vivid makes the menu very sharp, everything else not so sharp, regardless of sharpness/edge enhancement/noise settings. I can't really say it impacted the video, which makes it even weirder. This one needs more research.

Finally, when connecting my PC via HDMI, the only way I can get it to fill the screen is Fill 2. According to the manual, there is a Full Pixel setting, but it won't offer it to me over HDMI, however the Fill 2 seems to be full pixel. I'll need to throw some software at it to see if that's actually happening. Maybe I'm just missing something in this new menu system (which I don't like).

So after a few hours, the jury is still out. I'm not sure it's worth the $800 more than the 2500. I don't have them side by side to compare. My initial thought is it's not, however if you take the 3000 away and put the 2500 back, my thought may change.

AFAIK this is the first review of W3000. Many thanks for you effort. Hopefully you will be able to dig in a bit deeper into settings. I am particularly interesting in the following features/controls and there effect on PQ:
1. PIP seems to me is useless as it dos not allow any HD signal on second channel. At the same time P&P can display HD signal but limited by analog signal only (No HDMI).
2. XMB menu system is difficult to get used to, not an intuitive type of interface.
3. Picture mode - You are recommending Vivid mode for all sources. BTW what feeds you have tested?
4. Did you have a chance to play with other Picture settings: BL, contrast, brightness, color temp.? According to the manual custom mode is available for each input with individual settings.
5. Advanced PQ settings: auto BL adjustments, black/white/gamma correction and color space settings. Any comments re effect of this parameters on PQ would be priceless.
6. How this unit is sound compare to 2500 or 61 you've tested before?
7. Any observations on how this set managed picture zooming and aspect ratio in auto mode.
8. 1:1 mapping for computer 1080p60 signal via DVI-HDMI for me is very important. Does Full Pixel mode work or not?
9. CineMotion mode in auto supposes to detect 1080p24 feed. If you own PS3 in 1.9 FW it is possible now to force the PS3 to channel 1080p24 signal from B-R. So we have 3 option PS3 is doing 3:2 pulldown and transmit 1080p60 signal to TV(CineMotion - OFF), PS3 forced to send 1080p24 to TV (CineMotion - OFF) and PS3 forced to send 1080p24 to TV (CineMotion - ON or Auto). Any input on this issue would be crucial.
10. Looks like Game/Text mode can be good if this set is used as PS monitor. Does it do any changes?
11. I am curious what Video/Photo Optimizer, Color Matrix and Color Space settings from Video Option Menu can do for the PQ.
12. You may be interesting to play with Light Sensor and Power Sever settings from General menu. This settings might be responsible for the dimming affect you observed.
13. This TV has new remote control, how would you assess its ergonomics.

On a side note if it is not a big trouble for you could provide a transport box dimensions. Does TV is attached to the pedestal in transport position?

Am I asking too much? If yes, please forgive me
post #54 of 3238
I agree with George above. No matter what I do the picture is too yellow and the only setting where it isnt yellow is vivid. I have verified the yellow picture on the store model also. I also feel that I lose detail in the picture unless it is on vivid. I have the 46XBR3 next to the W and the XBR is clearer on standard or custom. Also, the colors on the XBR are much better on every other setting. Flesh tones are natural and not yellow.

At this point I prefer my XBR3 over the W. Looks like the the XBR4 will be out tomorrow at Circuit City. That is my other option for a TV but an expensive one.
post #55 of 3238
1. PIP seems to me is useless as it dos not allow any HD signal on second channel. At the same time P&P can display HD signal but limited by analog signal only (No HDMI).

Wrong....you can have HD on the Second channel it just comes in via the Coax line...and uses the Sony Tuner.....thus it does HD ATSC and HD on QAM tuner. So any sports fan can have HD the main window and a second game on the second.....or two TV shows. I think its better to have the smaller window as 480 because the width is fixed....and you get a bigger frame with 4:3

P&P is almost entirely effective for Sports fans....or monitoring a second signal for something to start....in this regard...the P&P is fully functional.

What usage do you have where you say this functionality is useless??
post #56 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombaker View Post

1. PIP seems to me is useless as it dos not allow any HD signal on second channel. At the same time P&P can display HD signal but limited by analog signal only (No HDMI).

Wrong....you can have HD on the Second channel it just comes in via the Coax line...and uses the Sony Tuner.....thus it does HD ATSC and HD on QAM tuner. So any sports fan can have HD the main window and a second game on the second.....or two TV shows. I think its better to have the smaller window as 480 because the width is fixed....and you get a bigger frame with 4:3

P&P is almost entirely effective for Sports fans....or monitoring a second signal for something to start....in this regard...the P&P is fully functional.

What usage do you have where you say this functionality is useless??

Thank you for this comment. I see your point, but all my feeds are 1080 digital and I do not want to go back to analog just to watch the weather cannel in SD in a small window. IMHO.
(Unfortunately all HD channels in my cable are scrambled)
post #57 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY350Z View Post

Looks like the the XBR4 will be out tomorrow at Circuit City. That is my other option for a TV but an expensive one.

And where did you see that ?
post #58 of 3238
WireJockey,

This is my guess as I am going by what happened last week. Last Thursday the W appeared on the CC website as coming soon and then Friday it was available. Well the XBR4 is on the CC site and the store said they should be in tomorrow.
post #59 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY350Z View Post

WireJockey,

This is my guess as I am going by what happened last week. Last Thursday the W appeared on the CC website as coming soon and then Friday it was available. Well the XBR4 is on the CC site and the store said they should be in tomorrow.

Cool, I am waiting with great anticipation! However, when I go to the CC site, I get "Not Currently Available"
post #60 of 3238
Let me say first I am not extremely knowledgeable/technical as many on this forum. Two weeks ago I got a KDLV2500 from CC. I had been watching this forum and was VERY anxious to see the V3000 and W3000 series come out from Sony. I have a 60" Sony 720p projection set for 2 and 1/2 yrs. now. Also have a 37" Panny plasma. Went Monday and picked up the KDL46W3000 from Sears. I put it on top of the entertainment center. So, the KDL40V2500 is on the bottom, the KDL 46W3000 is sitting on top. My impressions:

I can see a slight difference in the contrast....a tad better on the W3000 as opposed to the V2500. Dark levels are very slightly better on the W3000 BUT in overall picture detail, the V2500 shows a little better,finer detail. I as looking at the SAME Directv picture on both and I saw finer detail on the V2500 (Tony Stewart facial hair growth was sharper than the W3000). I have tried every mode. No matter what the V2500 shows more deatil up close. I've switched the HDMI between the 2 ...still the same no matter what.

The W3000 has slightly better contrast and just very slightly better on color detail. Even though I'm comparing a 46" W3000 vs. a 40" V2500 it's not a significant difference for $1300. And this is the worst....the W 3000 has SLIGHT CLOUDING !!
Not as badly as I saw on the V2500 but still there nonetheless. The SD quality with the DRC 1.0 or whatever makes little difference between the 2 sets. I don't think the Sd on either is particularly good. In fact, my 37" plasma as well as my 60" Sony 720p display better than either the W or V series Sony. And believe me, I want BADLY for the W3000 to be better to sell my wife. Both she and my daughter admit the W3000 is a "little" sharper with a little better contrast but think the close up detail is a little better on the V2500.

When i walk up to both sets and get a foot or so away, I can see artifacts on both. (looks a little like the squares that cover up nudity on network TV. I do NOT have a BLURay or any HD player unfortunately so i can be no help here. Right now I would have to say I would probably stick with the V2500. I do like PIP but I can only exchange regular antenna with cable/satellite. That seems to be the only input I can swap. HATE the fact I have to go through each input to get to the one I want. I looked at the Toshiba LX177 last weekend...wasn't impressed. The 120MZ motion thing was not evident when watching a tennis match.

Any ideas from anyone ? All in all, I would want to see the Samsung 81 series but hate to wait a month or 2. I am just not blown away by anything I've seen so far. Still in limbo as what to do. I love watching HD sports on TV. I got a great deal on the 40V2500. However, it does have the clouding issue(don't really notice it on a regular picture but it is evident on a blank screen. And unbelievably, I can see it on the W3000. I asked the Sears guys if loading it in my truck sideways would hurt. They said no as long as it was on it's face. Anyway, forgive the length but this is my take on the differences between the 2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony W3000 Series Thread