Originally Posted by Neuromancer
Change your DownMix to 5.1 and see if the DSD does not show up appropriately.
Ensure that you have your player set to 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.
Thanks everyone for the feedback. (You guys are fast!). I did set the HDMI on the player to 1080p (no disk in the try; main launch screen; clicked the remote's HDMI button until it read 1080p).
I'll try changing the Downmix as suggested and double check the rest of the settings as well. From what I've read here so for, it seems the favored setting is PCM. I'll probably leave it there. I'm just anal enough though to wonder why the DSD setting is behaving as it is. I'll let you know my results after I do some more tweeking.
Here's how it's set for now:
• Speaker Setup Page > Down-mix to “7.1 CH
• Speaker Setup Page > Front Speaker to “Large”
• Speaker Setup Page > Center Speaker to “Large”
• Speaker Setup Page > Surround Speaker to “Large”
• Speaker Setup Page > S. Back Speaker to “Large” (“Small” is grayed out)
• Speaker Setup Page > Subwoofer to “On”
• Audio Setup Page > Digital Output to “Raw”
• Audio Setup Page > HDMI Audio to “Auto”
• Audio Setup Page > SACD Output to “PCM”
• General Setup Page > SACD Priority to “Multi-Channel”
• General Setup Page > DVD-Audio Mode to “DVD-Audio”
• HDMI set to 1080p60Hz (NTSC) (the indicator on the Oppo's front panel is lit next to '1080p')
(I'm going to double check this setting when I change the SACD Output to "DSD" in case it changes back to the original '480/576' setting and I didn't notice it.)