Originally Posted by tuleggi
1) I checked the firmware version and it is Mver: 05.00.01.07 Batch: BES980-00-1026
It does not seems the latest version that you can download (MVer: 05.00.01.07 Batch: DV980H-0B-0903) is it a new one?
why it say BES980 instead of DV980H?
2) I have connected it to my Teufel Concept F 5.1 analog system and tried to play with Pro-logic II ON or OFF. With on it enables all the speakers (5.1) with normal cds but I have the feeling that the sound loose definition, is it normal?
Can I make the rear speaker playing exactly the same way of the front ones as when they are playing in stereo?
3) I have connected it through HDMI to my video projector OPTOMA HD720x. It is a native 720p HD ready.
Before loosing a lot of time trying all settings, can you already tell me what will be the best video resolution to set on the player?
from the manual I have understood I should set it to 720p so that there will not be any upscaling on the DPL projector, is it correct?
1) The factory-installed firmware may have a different batch number, even though it is essentially the same firmware. The "BES" batch-prefix has nothing to do with the model.
2) Yes, that's normal. The Pro-Logic setting synthesizes
5.1 channels from a 2-channel CD. No, you cannot make the rear speakers duplicate the front speakers when playing stereo content.
3) Choose the native resolution of your display (720p).