Originally Posted by swak
Just picked up a tivo hd at Sears tonight during friends and familily night and price was 189 not 199 and then another 10% off. (A nice deal but my wife wanted a new dishwaher so we did that too).
Same here swak. Actually I spent alot of my weekend getting one. Here was my weekend:Friday
- go to local Sears and dude says they are $199 but they don't have any
- I come home and cancel my JR order figuring I can find one cheaper at another SearsSaturday
- went over to TX City to play golf
- hit a Sears afterwards figuring they would have one
- nope...the guy checked and said all the Houston stores he could see were out of them
- I get home and call Sears national store support. Very helpful woman named Pamela found one at a Sears on north side of Houston. She tells me it will be $189 Sunday, but doesn't mention Friends and Family saleSunday
- i set out for the Sears in Houston
- get there and they have one
- clerk says its $199, won't be $189 until 6pm tonight (Friends and Family sale)
- i can't spend all day in Houston so i say whatever and pay $199 for it
- Merchandise pickup takes ten minutes to fetch it and they give me a $5 coupon for breaking their 5-minute promise
- i get home and call Sears national store support and complain they didn't explain everything and what can i do to get the right deal
- they tell me to take it to my local store after 6pm and they will credit me the difference
- call my local Sears, tell them what National Sears said. they say cool, come down after 6pm.
- go to local Sears, when i get there they say "sorry we found out we can't do the credit during friends and family sale."
- i say to the fine young chap in electronics, "manager please"
- manager is nice, i explain all the crap i've done
- she says hook up the 10% off.
- BOOM i end up getting it for $180 plus tax. i still have my little $5 coupon for next Sears purchase. i figured not to push my luck and try to use that at same time.
Alot of work for a good deal. i have a gas efficient car or else i probably would have wasted my savings on petro.