Originally Posted by LSUMatt1514
First let me say thank you because that was a great tutorial. I am having a few problems though...
1. When I went to do the port forwarding and went into my router's settings, I was able to enter 41952 in the first two boxes, but not in the IP address field. It will only take characters up to 254. I have a Linksys Wireless G WRT546 v1.1. I did setup a static IP address last week for the PS3 so right now that last field is showing 200, but like I said I cannot enter 41952 like the website I found instructed me to do.
2. The TVserity media sharing did show up on my PS3 and I was able to go in and view the artists. However, all of the songs say unsupported data. This cannot be right because all of the files are either MP3 or WMA files. Something isn't right somewhere.
3. It is still showing random artists. For instance....Barbara Mandrell?!?!?!? Needless to say, my wife and I don't have any Barbard Mandrell files on the computer. Could it possibly somehow be pulling from a neighbors computer or something? Don't see how this is possible but at this point I have no idea.
4. The PS3 is still not populating the entire artist list. This time it stopped on the C's. Sometimes if you let it sit for a minute or so it will continue to populate, but other times it will lock up at random letters and won't go any further. Don't know what's up here. My signal strength however is only 75% since the router is upstairs in the office and the PS3 is down in the basement.
I hate to bombard you guys with so many issues, but if you could help me out I really would appreciate it. We've got a big party at our house next weekend and I would really like to get this going by then. Thanks!
1. can't help you there ... forgot about the whole port forwarding thing and I'm not doing research this late in the evening. However, if you google port forwarding there is a website I believe that asks for the program you're using (TVersity) and the router and it gives you specific instructions.
2. Welcome to my world (currently), I had no problems with my TVersity. All my songs were playable .. all my videos were playable. After a small problem I had where I was crashing all the time after a refreshing (because of a file that was corrupt), I can no longer play any of my files except viewing photos. I heard something about it maybe having to do with the codecs, but I have not done any changes to my codecs recently. So if you do find a fix plz let me know =)
3. I don't know about that ... you may wanna double check those folders you're sharing. It doesn't throw random stuff out there nor does it pick up anything you did not choose to share (including you're neighbor's stuff).
4. Another problem with the PS3 ... depending on the number of tracks you have, it could take a lot of time to load up ... I have close to 10,000 songs and I've never sat there waiting for the whole thing to load (but I tried). Sometimes it locks up ... I think b/c of the connection ... not too sure.
Good luck ... I've had to resort to my 360 until I can fix the problem with my PS3.